Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. to pick your preferred language in installing program

i picked english in adobe creative cloud cc but it still installed chinese for media encoder. when i changed the language option to english in the os, the media encoder display as english. so the language preference is useless in the adobe creative cloud. is it better to have language option during the installing process? cheers...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic naming of outputs

Naming rules for files and folders.
    As we have presets for encoding preferences, such should be for naming convention of files and the automation of creating new folders.

for example:
    For the "save to" folder I selected: D:\Projects\MyMovie\
    Enecoded file, JPG SEQ named: Scn1_####.jpg
    and third place output in the outputs list
    with a QT preset named "QTpreview":

A naming rule such: \%FileName\%index_%FileName.ext

will save as: D:\Projects\MyMovie\Scn1\3_Scn1.mov
    *Underscore and numbers should not be included unless
    a different rule is used.

A naming rule such \%index\%preset.ext

will save as D:\Projects\MyMovie\3\QTpreview.mov

More rules can be used such as date, Time code extra. …

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adobe Media Encoder is Crashing on Batch Exports

Adobe Media Encoder CC2018 - Latest Update is crashing on Batch Queues. Initially it was a proxy exports and I just recently saw it happen with a batch queue of sequences for review / master file delivery.

Late-2015 Retina iMac 5K, Spec'd Out
    Thunderbay 12TB RAID 5
    MAC OS X 10.12.6 (16G1114)

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to automatically restart failed tasks

Add an option in the Media Encoder settings to automatically restart jobs in the queue that were aborted for some reason by placing it at the end of the queue. This will help redo a task automatically when the hard drive was disconnected for a little second due to hardware issues.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. can't select a custom lut

in 12.1 (171), in the "effects" tab on the "export settings" window, when "lumetri look/lut" is checked, I can't choose "select" from the drop down menu. when I click it, nothing happens.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug: Import dialog stays on second screen when no second screen is plugged in

As titled, attached is the dialog that I am talking about.

The problem is that if I have on a previous day/session put the Media Encoder window on a secondary screen, and on a day/session after only have access to 1 primary screen, the Media Encoder import dialog stays on the second screen, unresponsive to commands such as Win+Shift+left/right to bring it back to the primary screen. This is only remedied by plugging in another screen, set it to the relative position the system last had it (above primary screen if it was above before; if it was on the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug - Export path changed

Used an Ingest preset to batch export some video files. The preset contains an output file destination along with a file renaming command, yet two of the files were exported to the default destination for Media Encoder and were not renamed. Pic demonstrating this in the act is attached.

Mac OS 10.14.3
    AME 13.0.2

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Unable to produce frame

Since upgrading from 2017 to 2018 we can not use the Media Encoder batch processing feature any more. After 1 or 2 processed videos Media Encoder fails and we get the following error message:

Export Error
    Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame.

Writing with exporter: QuickTime
    Writing to file: R:\5760-Cineform\Incoming\ATM00442-Australia-Kangaroos-on-Beach-5760x2880-29-97fps-Cineform-2-Min-Col-Stereo-Sound.mov
    Around timecode: 00;02;49;19 - 00;02;49;23
    Rendering at offset: 130.998 seconds
    Component: QuickTime of type Exporter
    Selector: 9
    Error code: -1609629695

We would love to be able to render overnight again, rather than rendering each file from Premiere for 30-40 minutes before being able to work on…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. allow for a separate computer to render the project using ME so PPR isn't affected by rendering files.

Imagine two computers one optimized for encoding and rendering out PPR and AE Projects with tons of Ram and Tons of large storage space.
    the second with significantly less storage like 500GB on an SSD (MVME) With Really fast single Core performance and a nice graphics card. this computer is only here to edit and assemble the project.

together theses computers could be great. all that would need to happen is to have Media encoder run on a second computer that is connected to the same shared folders be able to see when you want to start a render and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Publish as Email

Just like how we can publish to social media direct from Premiere/encoder

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SECURE FTP!!!!

For the love of... please update media encoder FTP transfer to allow transfer over Secure FTP (SFTP)

You all have not updated FTP transfer software since 2010! Its time to get with the program and allow for better security. Without this feature the automated system in Adobe does not work and files have to be transferred manually or you have to run no encryption at all which is not a wise idea for anyone and puts the network at risk.

Adobe please address this. This is a very common issue for broadcasters and other media companies.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. fix tooltip for Renderer drop down menu

the tool tip mentions CUDA and OpenCL, but the options are for Metal and OpenCL

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Setting to create MXF files for Avid

You can create an OP1A MXF file, but it is not compatible with Avid Media Composer. Need an Avid MC compatible file setting so the files can be dropped into a bin and run directly (not drag and import).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug: Some dpx files are processed in a wrong way by Media Encoder while Photoshop works properly on same files

Bug: Some dpx files are processed in a wrong way by Media Encoder, while Photoshop works properly on same files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. encoding status percentage

The status bar could really use a percentage number on how far the encoding is. Sometimes for example I want to know when half of the encoding is done.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve Handling of Watch Folders, Image Sequences, and "Source" Folder

Many times animations are rendered out in image sequences, and while the watch folder implementation is helpful to transcode to other video formats, the system has one critical flaw:

Currently, if you import an image sequence into a watch folder, and there are multiple output presets associated with that watch folder, only the first process completes successfully. Any other processes after that fail to transcode - since the source images have been moved to the source folder and are no longer available in the watch folder.

It would be awesome to improve/implement the following:

1. Allow the user more control and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Poor encoding performance from C300 Mark II 4K MXF files

<Need to create intermediate ProRes files from my originals for a client>

I'm seeing 4 thread max utilization (of 24) & no GPU load on mac pro 5,1's (3 machines, various versions of AME tested)

2K files from camera (and other formats) perform fine (ie full utilization + GPU where appropriate).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Render Fails When Rendering H.265 Directly from Premiere

Hello! I've been having trouble for the last few months when rendering Premiere projects as h.265 files. My premiere/media encoder is currently up to date, but this same thing happened in the last versions as well.

Basically, when I export premiere projects using the h.265 codec it often fails before the render finishes. Here is what gets written to the error file:

• Encoding Time: 13:59:45
      07/26/2018 12:09:58 PM : Encoding Failed

Export Error
    Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: HEVC (H.265)
    Writing to file: \?\E:\AVE0 Temp\FurryComputer\redner1.mp4
    Writing file type: HEVC
    Around timecode: 00:09:10:36 - 00:09:10:44 …

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have a default Preset

Being able to right-click a preset and setting "Make Default" would be fantastic. I know AME is supposed to apply whatever preset you last used, but that only works when AME has not crashed. I'd find it incredibly useful to be able to set AME to, by default, always apply the default Preset unless I changed it.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Apply in&out points to multiple clips

Add a "trim" option to presets, with 2 horizontal radio buttons for "Trim by" and "Exact timecode", followed by in and out fields.

One is relative, the other is absolute.
    If the trims are impossible, render will flag a warning (or fail) with the appropriate message (e.g. "Trim values exceed the clip's duration.")

(PS While we're at it, add scaling options to presets, too.)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base