Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add QuickTime Reference file support again!

This was an absolutely superfast workflow for exporting from Avid.
    Really easy and time saving. Avid even still offers QuickTime reference export in version 2019.9.

19 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. my media encoder is not working at all. there is no audio on my video for premier pro 2019

My media encoder is not working at all. There is no audio on my video for premier pro 2019. Where is the creative cloud support line? It's out of service!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG in 14.3 - Media Encoder randomly exports bad frames!

I exported my Premiere Pro (also 14.3) edit with the latest update of ME to XDCAMHD422 and the software randomly exported bad frames. I had three or four consecutive bad frames that looked like you can see in the attached PNG combined with randomly picked frames from the same clip. In my timeline there is no cut at these two points and no effects despite an adjustment layer with Lumetri color correction above.

The footage was shot on Blackmagic Ursa cameras in DNxHD 185. But it also happened a few days later while encoding a ProRes422 file (to XDCAMHD422 as…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Date Modified column and Sorting to Media Browser tab

This seems like it would be a no-brainer. Having the newest files at the top of the list reduces headaches and crawling through long lists of media, particularly if you aren't the one controlling the file structure.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multicam glitched when exported via Media Encoder

Issue exporting video via Media Encoder with green screen multicam tracks. Subject turning cartoonish weird black, yellow, pink and blue. See screen shot. Happing with different export presets. This bug does not happen when I export the same video straight from Premiere.

Mulitcam track consists of:
    1 4k 23.976 clip from nikon d850 dslr (this is the clip shown in the screen shot) Have Lumetri Color and Ultra Key effects applied.

1 1080p 23.976 clip from nikon d800 dslr (this clip is uneffected)

Running Catalina 10.15.6 (19G2021)
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
    4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
    32…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Render from media encoder doesn't have video

Using the media encoder to create a youtube HD preset video doesn't encode the video layers randomly, but exporting directly from premiere DOES work.
    PP 14.3.0 - 38
    ME 14.3 - 39

Macbook pro 15 inch, 2019
    2.6ghz 6-core intel i7
    16gb ddr4 2400mhz
    Radeon Pro 555x 4gb
    Intel UHD Graphic 630 1536mb
    Catalina

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 미디어 인코더 인코딩 실패

왜 씨발 미디어 인코더로 인코딩을 걸면 자꾸 실패가 뜨는걸까요?????????????????????????????????

이거 인코딩하는 프로그램 아닌가요?? 근데 인코딩이 안되면 왜 있는거죠???????????????????????????????

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Select Graphics Card(s) Manually

I often have a problem with OpenCL accelerated Mercury where in spite of my switchable graphics settings Media encoder uses either both my intel integrated graphics (HD 530) and my discrete graphics (FirePro W5170M), thus under-utilising my discrete graphics or just out right prefers my Intel integrated graphics. My CPU is an Intel i5-6300HQ. If Media Encoder offered an option to select which device(s) to utilise for HW acceleration that'd be amazing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can you make a feature in media encoder shut down when finished exporting?

I some times leave some exporters overnight and I always wanted this feature since my first overnight render.
    Please (if you are going to release this feature) reply and give me a release date?
    Thanks.
    Sincerely, Liam.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable the ability to pause one render, and start a new one.

I'm rendering a long video, but I also need some quick gifs and a 10s video to render. I don't want to quit my current video and lose 45 min of rendering time, but I would love to render the short video first, and come back to the longer render.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix the HEVC Out of Memory (code 7) bug

When exporting in both premiere and media encoder 2020, HEVC H265 with CBR exports fails.

Error received:
    export error
    error compiling movie
    out of memory
    failed to create encoder
    select: 9
    error code: 7

On a Mac Pro (2017) with
    3 GHz Intel Xeon W,
    32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 memory and
    Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug: Adobe Media Encoder is shifting color when rendering to h264 codec MP4

After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder 2020 are rendering h264 codec MP4s too bright. The colors are washed out slightly and what I'm assuming is a gamma shift. I'm using Windows 10, After Effects v17.1.4, Adobe Media Encoder v14.4, and Nvidia driver 451.77.

This issue does not exist on After Effects 2019 and Adobe Media Encoder 2019. The MP4s look as you would expect, using identical settings for export.

One additional finding was that using After Codecs plugin, I'm able to export an MP4 using the x264 codec and the colors are correct. That is also using AE and AME…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When exporting from Premier pro using media encoder, LUT not transferring

Hi I'm editing Log footage from my Sony FX9 and when exporting graded footage using Media encoder it is exporting my project as Log. When exporting straight from Premier, it exports with the LUT. Is this normal or a bug with the latest update?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. WebP (still & animated) support

When exporting from for example After Effects, I'd like to take advantage of the newest formats to cater the needs of my co-workers and ensure the best quality. This includes being able to make life easier for the developers with more flexible formats like WebP and WebM. WebP is very versatile; it allows for a 24-bit transparency coloring, which is something other animation formats simply do not support (and formats that do support it, are not supported by web browsers).

Supporting WebP would solve this (for stills, but also for animation). Animated GIFs don't support the same level of transparency,…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Edit multiple files with the same start time

Often I will have over 50 clips that need to start at the same timecode. The ability to be able to highlight all clips and set one start time instead of having to go through and set 50 individual in points.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make AVI files readable and encodable

My digital camcorder only creates AVI files, which can't be read in Premiere. I try to bring them into Media Encoder to output them to something else (like mp4) and AEM won't read them either. It's a VERY common media format, and it would be tremendously helpful if Adobe products could read and work with this format... or at least AEM so that I could re-encode them to something else. For now, I'm having to use a free program (Handbrake) to do it, which is silly considering I'm paying for the Adobe suite.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. alerts on render completion.

Media Encoder could send a text alert to your phone when the render is complete :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG: Xiaomi Yi files will not import on v14

They are mp4 h264 files, I've tried renaming to .mts and .avi, and clearing cache, no dice. This issue happens on both premiere and media encoder. I reverted back to Media Encoder 13.1.5 and it works again.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow presets to save FTP publish settings

Allow the option to save a preset with ftp publish settings, so that you can automate every compression with that preset to be uploaded to a set server.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base