Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Media Encoder 2020 Renders Stalling

Just a simple queue of 2 videos that contain Broll and simple titling from the Essential Graphics element. First video rendered fine, second video stalled at different points, but routinely stalled. This is on an iMac 2017 (max specs) running Mojave. Both videos rendered just fine within Premiere. I have never had a render stall out in Media Encoder until now.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export / encoding issue only solved by switching to 2 pass VBR. Never an issue before

Issue with exporting a vid file only resolved by switching to 2 pass VBR option. Never a problem before this week?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reorder queue

Hi,

I was wondering if you could add a new feature to reorder queue-line.

It would be nice to paus a render (been rendering 4h and have 12h left) and start a new render while having the other one paused (without losing progress).

Sincerely
    Essi

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Encoding Audio Problem

I opened a short m2ts Bluray video to convert to h265 (HEVC) and see how it works!
    First problem was that the audio level was reduced so much!
    A video encoder must not change the audio in anyway if not explicitly set!
    Also I hope you use Fraunhofer for audio<MP3> encodings...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Background processing window

Add some kind of background processing window or progress bar. We need some indication the dynamic link is working. Sometimes AME opens and stays static for around 30 minutes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why does the CPU continue to work when the rendering has been finished?

After rendering of a video has been finisched one CPU-core has full load all the time until I close the the Media Encoder CC 2018 completely.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AME 2020 fails on encoding 4K HEVC(H265), in AME 2019 it works fine

Today I repeatedly tried to encode a 4K HEVC(H265) file, and I got very quick fails with error code 7 (Out of Memory). Checked save locations, memory usage, disk cache, etc. Closed AME2020, reopened, etc.
    Then I reinstalled AME2019, and it worked like a charm.

So it's a new bug, I guess...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG: Long transcodes from DV to ProRes results in large chunks of skipped video

I'm seeing a tremendous number of problems on long transcodes with camera cuts in the dailies. I'm working on a doc feature including a lot of Hi8 and MiniDV tapes. The source tapes are captured in long chunks, often over an hour. Within this are camera cuts, crash recorded blank tape spots, etc - the usual amateur issues. The source clips are all perfect on import. However, most of the transcodes (to ProRes 1080 @23.98) have serious problems as follows:

- clips can be truncated, i.e. can be 30 mins or more shorter than source clip.
    - clips have internal…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Broken Dynamic Link Connection (v16)

Ever since updating to the 2019 version of Creative Cloud, the Dynamic Link Server in Media Encoder is unable to connect when attempting to export AE compositions. In After Effects, the compositions don't transfer through the render queue or "Add to Media Encoder Queue" options. The only way to export is to select the comp through Media Encoder's media browser. Even through that, the compositions are not updated to recent changes even though the AE file has been saved.

Working on a 64GB iMac with macOS High Sierra with newly updated CC software.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow custom fps for H264 videos

for some reason H264 in AME is not able to spit out 16fps...Is there any good reason that it's not possible to have this limitation. We do online games and play out simulations and animation to preview as H264 videos, but have to render them with 15fps which is inaccurate and can cause problems.

Let's set the fps setting free to accept any custom fps!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow more than the default 5 seconds when encoding a still image to an movie

Currently AME defaults to 5 seconds when encoding a jpg to an movie in a batch mode. Any way we could develop over the 5 seconds.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Creative Cloud timer to short

I have a bunch of videos being converted to smaller files. I run them when I'm not in the office. Well, the thing is every little while the Adobe window pops up asking if it is still me and I have to click "continue" to stay signed in and every time the window pops up the Adobe programs stop what they are doing so only a couple videos get done. The sign in window is messing up our work flow. It is going to be a real pain if all semester you have to stay with the computer or come…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Help link not working

The Adobe Media encoder help (F1) link is not working. It's returning a 404 web page error.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add an option to rotate on export

It would save time making precomps and rotating in new comp

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. WHY DID YOU REMOVE SUPPORT FOR MKV FILES??!!!

Why would you remove support for mkv files in the latest version??

OBS on windows records to mkv files and many people use it for screen captures, mkv is the recommended file type in OBS because it will save the file to the drive even if OBS crashes; MP4 will not do that.. So now I can't import ANY screencaptures I've done into Premiere Pro, or Media Encoder............................. This is extremely frustrating.

At the very lease Media Encoder should be able to convert it to a format that Premiere will be able to use.

We live in a time where…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When sequencing two Gear 360 dual-fisheye videos AME injects VR Metadata even though "Video is VR" checkbox is not selected.

See This wasted a whole day of rendering because even though I visually verified that the "Video is VR" checkbox was unselected, it still rendered with VR metadata.
    Steps used to recreate:

1. Take two Gear 360 (2016) videos and drop into AME. See droptostitch.png
    2. Verify that Export Settings->Video->"Video is VR" is unselected without making any changes.
    3. Observe that the video is set to render as "Match source - high bitrate". At this point if left to render it will render with the "Video is VR" metadata injected. See result.png
    4. To fix this issue you currently have…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it stop randomly pausing making proxies of HEVC 4k

Ingesting and making proxies of iPhone 4K/30 video is unusable.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Encode Chapter Markers into H.264

Please add the option to encode chapter markers directly into an H.264 video file.
    I tried to use the H.264 Blu Ray option but the Chapter Markers get encoded into a separate file.

I would like to see a checkbox like "include Chapter Markers in movie file". With the functionality, that if one was to click it, the chapter markers would get baked into the mp4 file.

I definitely know this is possible for FCPX has a similar option, however, I don't like exporting my projects first from Premiere, importing them into FCPX, adding the chapter markers there and then…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. ability to encode video from variable to constant fps!

Handbreak can do this, so why can't the best video encoder on the market do it yet?

Ability to convert a variable framerate video to a constant framerate video

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base