Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When Ae starts AME, Queue is hidden

I would like AME to always show the Queue when Ae Queues a Comp in AME.

In most cases it shows an empty Wath Folders Panel, even when no Watch Folders are defined.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Big bug with Media Encoder!! Same timeline but different output from Premiere Pro and Media Encoder.

Found a very severe bug today, the video render out from media encoder and premiere pro is different(the audio) Please repair it asap please!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Estimated File size on all exports

Show estimated file size on all exports and all presets. Even if it's off it's still an idea of how large the file will be.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Avoid YouTube, Vimeo processing any video exporting/processing the same way they do

Adobe partnership with Big video platforms: YouTube, Vimeo...

It can be game changer if Adobe talks with all the big video platforms to understand how they process the videos. So we can export with the same codec settings they use updated. We will be able to upload the video in any of this platform and will nott need to process it again. It will be ready for all the resolutions automatically.

For example, YouTube will give the processing workflow how they work and Adobe will implement in their software. Videos can be certificated that they were processed with the YouTube…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Download of Legacy codec and Features

I'm editing a feature documentary, and many of the archives are made of old DV footage. Unfortunately I can't import any of the material either directly into premiere or into ME to convert into a supported format. Adobe should have kept the codec at least for media encoder. I can't imagine the amount of editors around the world who've had similar frustration and with the monthly subscription service as it is, a creative cloud user, shouldn't have to turn to or pay for additional 3rd party support for a feature that was a part of the older editions. It's absurd…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 애펙과 연동이 안됩니다. 해결방법 알려주세요

애프터 이펙트로 작업을 마치고 미디어 인코더로 랜더를 걸면, 미디어 인코더는 실행이 되는데, 파일이 넘어가질 않은 상태로 머물러 있습니다.
    현재 애프터 이펙트 자체 랜더로 진행하고 있는 상태입니다.
    빠른 해결 바랍니다.
    참고로 저는 2022 최선 버전을 사용하고 있습니다.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. AV1 Encoder Support

Implement next generation (royalty free) encoder from AV1 within Adobe Media Encoder. Several implementations are out, however it would be great if CC 2020 would make it more user-friendly in their AME GUI. Moreover, an adoption of the AVIF format for digital picture media across their other solutions would be welcomed as well.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Companion app

How about a companion app for the phone that syncs to your encoder so i can keep an eye on the progress of files & their encoding? It would help me not stay at the office waiting when i could be outside while renders are chigging along.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug when exporting sidecard

When ME exports with a sidecar file, it's adding the extension (.scc) to the end of the video's extension. For example;
    MyVideo.mp4
    MyVideo.mp4.scc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Filter codecs by alpha channel capable codecs

will be great to be filter out the codecs, specially if you need a alpha channel capable codec, hide the ones that don't allow it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatic subtitles from Audio transcrip

Hi all,

I´m testing the Speech to text capability in Premiere 2021 and it works really fine.I was thinking in something similar to a hotfolder were you place the video files and a return folder with the subtitle file (somethink similar to a media encoder hotfolder where you define the profile to be applied to each folder and the return dessired).

Thanks in advance

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG: Not matching source size

Trying to render a 375x600px comp to h.264, AME resizes to 374x600 when match source is checked. When manually inputting 375, it changes it back to 374. WTF. Getting the same behavior in premiere's Export Media panel, and doesnt matter if I send to AME from premiere or after effects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Batch SRT files from Media Encoder

Batch export closed captions (separate SRT files) and text transcriptions from multiple mp4s. We have hundreds of training videos that are in MP4 format. Now, we need to have Closed Captions and Transcriptions for all the videos. Most are 5 - 10 minutes in length. Right now, I'm doing this one file at a time.
    I would like to take say 10 videos, put in Media Encoder, then create 10 SRT Closed Caption files and 10 Transcription files.
    I'm sure many people have thousands of training videos that need Closed Captions and doing this in batches would help immensely.
    I've…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Problem encoding to H.264

There is a problem encoding to H.264 with the 22.0 version of Adobe Media Encoder. I hope you can fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I can't export Adobe Animate files to MP4 format

I can't export Adobe Animate files to MP4 format Even old and previously exported files I can't export Tried on two computers and every tim

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fast change of settings

When an Ae comp is added, and we just want to adjust the rendered resolution, AME takes forever to connect to dynamic link, probably to generate a preview we don't need.
    Please let the setting popup instantly, and then, with lower priority start generating a preview (or don't).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Instant Connection to Project

Sending a Comp for Ae to AME is fast in the latest versions. But why can AME take forever 'Connecting to Project'?
    I think this needs more descriptive user information. There seems to be a problem, but all we see is a blue hatched bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base