Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add command line control

I would love if you guys could add some sort of way to use AME through a command line. This way I can create an automated script to convert an entire set of movies or video to a new format to reduce file size. A way to do this would be great thx.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Fade In/Out. Would help with Image Overlays.

Currently, Bug stays on while video fades up. I want both to fade in/out. Compressor has this feature. Why doesn't Encoder?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Watch folder/image sequence/waiting user controlled image count

Watch a folder where image sequences are rendered but wait a user define image count before processing.
    ex : watch a folder or sub folders >if watch folder or subfolder have x files then start batch processing this folder

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto Versioning up when adding the same comp/project again or duplicating in the encoder

right now it makes this
    whatevernamev0011
    whatever
    namev0012 etc
    and would be much nicer if it could recognize the ending _v001, v002 etc

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Media Encoder Bug

In the last two weeks, it has been impossible for me to convert a 3-minute .mov video to H.264 with AME. I have output a .mov file with video encoding, 100% quality from Premiere. The file is around 3.8 GB. When I try to convert this to H.264, I either get a direct failure with the file not even starting to encode or it gets stuck on a frame after about 90 seconds of footage, rendering the rest of the video as a still frame. I have tried this repeatedly with both CC2017 and CC2018 with two different videos. CC…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Constant Quality/Quantizer

Adobe software needs to implement both Constant Quality and Constant Quantizer options for H.264/5, with an adjustable Max bitrate setting that can also be applied when needed.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. possible to instal prevoius version (12) to be able to work again with ME ?

possible to instal previous version (12) to be able to work again with ME ?
    Download from where ?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Frame padding

Having custom/fixed frame padding while exporting image sequences is a good idea. VFX software like Nuke doesn't allow multiple frame paddings.

Ex: If we render image sequence which ranges from 1 to 1000 frames then it would be

Images.01.png
    Images.02.png
    Images.99.png
    images.100.png (Here the padding > 2)
    Images.999.png
    Images.1000.png (Here the padding > 3)

In the above case, Nuke will interpret Multiple reads nodes for each padding increment.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. reverse telecine

please add reverse telecine! This is a needed function and it forces me to go outside of Creative Cloud to address it.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. On MXF file, let use the H264 compression setup ...

On Op1a MXF preset,
    add the capability of use H264 setup compressor ...

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Rendering background set in composition from after effects (rather than reverting it to black) so as to aid in 2.5D animation.

Rendering background set in composition from after effects (rather than reverting it to black) so as to aid in 2.5D animation.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG: Media Encoder Sequence Renders Super-imposed Elements as Upper Field Only

If I have a super-imposed element (with transparency) in a sequence that is sent to Media Encoder...e.g. a lower third, the result is that the lower third graphic only shows up on the upper field. If I choose to render directly from within Premiere, the output is correct (on both fields). It only occurs when sending the job over to Media Encoder.

Specifically I found this to be present in lower thirds generated from After Effects and imported as Graphics Essentials. I also found it when a black mask was drawn over top of a jpg.

Sony XDCAM 422 1080-60i…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. % based quality control for h265 and h264 encoding

We should be able to set a % of the original quality in the encoding setting so the user can more easily get the bitrate they need compared to the original file.
    this will be great for re-encoding h264 to h265 for example to get the files smaller without checking the bitrate on every different file.
    The unofficial webm plugin supports this, so why not the official ones?!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. sync preset folders

Adobe Media Encoder should also sync/export preset FOLDERS as well as the presets themselves.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add the ability to fade in/out video as well as audio. Useful for when pulling quick selecys for a demo reel

Add the ability to fade in/out video as well as audio. Useful for when pulling quick selecys for a demo reel

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. droplet

I would be awesome to have the ability to create Droplets like FCP Compressor used to do.
    Just a icon where you drop a file and automate the process to do the encoding process that you choose when you create the droplet!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BUG: Audio Effects not rendering

When I render through Media Encoder 12.1.1 to h.264 some Audio Effects such as compressors are totally ignored. Rendering directly through Premiere works though. This CC 2018 is still a total mess...

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve "Remaining time" estimate when rendering Character Animator scenes

When rendering a Character Animator scene, the "Elapsed" time counter starts immediately but it does not have an estimate for the "Remaining" time until it has done some thinking. (This can take minutes for some scenes.) As soon as it starts generating frames, the "Remaining" counter is updated. This is all fine.

The problem is the Remaining estimate is based on the initial "think" time plus the rate at which it has been generating frames. So the Remaining time initial estimate is higher than it needs to be and drops rapidly.

The correct way to compute the remaining time is…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sometimes, some audio tracks don't export

Render are inconsistent since the last update.
    Using version 12.1, Build 171.
    I am always forced to check the whole rendered files because sometimes, some audio tracks don't get rendered. When opening the project in Premiere to confirm everything was ok, the track that wasn't rendered now doesn't play, although it should, and I have to mute and unmute the track, save the project, render again.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever

Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever to produce clean renders. I notice this problem less when exporting straight from the timeline in Premiere Pro, but alas it still happens.

This random issue is catastrophic for my workflow. Help?!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base