Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add cloud GPUs to supported list for AME/Premiere

Currently, none of the available GPUs in AWS, Azure or GCP are listed under the "accepted/certified" list for Premiere/AME (https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html#SystemrequirementsApril2018121releaseofPremiereProCC). We are not seeing ANY added efficiency on export/rendering from Adobe Premiere when there are any of the following NVIDIA GPUs present and working on the cloud compute instance:

NVIDIA M60
    NVIDIA P100
    NVIDIA P4

Please add these to the list so we can get a performance boost when exporting/rendering on cloud instances.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OGG OGV

Seriously ... Adobe needs to add these output formats... how long have users been asking for it? How many replies have I seen suggesting using another media encoding software? Wake up Adobe!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to be able to pause encoding queue, reboot computer, and resume queue.

Continual forced Windows updates destroying workflow. I am converting hundreds of videos in an archive. My queues can take days of processing. If a forced-boot update is pushed to the computer, the queue is lost.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Monitor audio during encoding

It would be helpful to be able to monitor audio (either through speakers or a visible meter) during encoding. I find it very useful to catch editing issues in the Output Preview monitor, however I do sometimes still get caught out with audio problems. If there could be an option to preview the audio as well, that would be very useful.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: Media Encoder fails to encode HEVC h.265 properly, Can only export in Premiere

I am attempting to export vertical Iphone HEVC video. When I do it in Premiere, the export goes perfect. But when I try to do it in AME, my vertical video is rotated 90 degrees, as if the codec forced it to rotate, even though the sequence settings and video settings match at 1080 wide by 1920 tall.

Basically, AME's HEVC encoding doesn't seem to work even though Premiere's does.

Most up to date version of AME and PP CC.
    Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.14

Footage from an iphone 8 Ios 11+

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. estimate file size for GIF

I would like there to be more options for optimizing a GIF output, something to top the photoshop "SAVE FOR WEB (LEGACY) > GIF" output option. Media Encoder is so good at smashing down ginormous files to great looking shareable files, i imagine your team could do wonders for making the (admittedly archaic) GIF format sparkle.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export 'Entire Sequence' should be the default, not 'Sequence In/Out'

About 90% of the time, I want to export the entire sequence.

This is especially irritating with large batches of exports as there is no way (that I've found) to change all exports to 'Entire Sequence' in one go. I have to chance them all one at a time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. fast start

Allow setting moov atom at the front of the file (fast start) to appease youtube!

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There should be a "Based on Source" option for the audio as well as video.

Many issues with the Premiere Pro Project Manager, Proxy Creation, and Ingest can be avoided if you could simply have presets that work with all audio configurations. In many instances you would want the transcoded media to have an identical audio layout to the original. Its essential, in fact, when creating proxies and archiving sequences using Project Manager....yet, there is no option to do this.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. AVI support

Please add support for avi formats. Some of my devices save the recordings in avi formats and I lose quality when converting :(

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add ProRes RAW support so that we can at least transcode to 422.

We shot a film in ProRes RAW at the University I teach at and ended up having to do this janky workflow with FCPX to edit the files in Premiere. It would have been nice to, at the very least, throw the footage into Encoder to transcode RAW to ProRes 422. (like I have to do with the new Panasonic 422 10bit files). Thanks!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Media encoder distorting audio timing bug

When I render out of After effects through Media Encoder sometimes the audio warps and the timing is off. The audio is fin in AE just not after being rendered through AME.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Output JPEG 2000 Sequence in XYZ Colorspace

Nothing to describe, it is basically that: Output JPEG 2000 Sequence in XYZ Colorspace

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix whatever causes effects to render differently than they do in After Effects

In Media Encoder 2018 I've noticed some effects, like Particular are rendering different than they do in an After Effects render, like there are way more particles.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make image sequences available at import

Just make image sequences available at import.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Image Sequences are already supported via the Media Browser in AME.

Formats currently supported are listed here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/file-formats-supported-import.html

If there’s a format that you’d like to see supported that currently is not on this list, please let us know.

If there’s a specific workflow you’re trying to achieve that isn’t possible via the image sequence format support in the product today, please add more detail as to what you’re trying to accomplish.

Thanks
    Patrick

17. Automatically remove AME folder after render

Automatically remove AME folder after render

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. BUG report [mac only]: Audio Channels containing effects are muted during rendering.

[on mac] (iMac macOS High Sierra 10.13.5)
    When we export our premiere project via Media Encoder, 1 audio channel is NOT included. If we export the same project directly via Premiere, the relevant audio channel is included.

The corresponding audio channel that is not exported via Media Encoder has the following effects:
    convolution reverb
    multiband compressor.

When we switch off the effects, the corresponding audio channel is included with the Media Encoder.

We have tried different export settings. (H.264 and match sequence settings).
    We have reset Media Encoder (hold shift while starting)
    We have tried to render through Open GL…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 4k UHD export presets please

Why are there still no 4k / UHD export presets included?

Export settings similar to system camera 4k/UHD (Panasonic etc.) would be very helpful, as in my case I can't seem to find a setting with a filesize-quality ratio similar to what my GH5 camera produces (and I'm done wasting time on that). And quicktime jpeg is removed, that doesn't help either.

Even phones film in 4k these days..

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Real-Time Playback

Support for Real-Time playback in the preview window.

This feature is mainly useful if using AME as a stand alone encoder, which is genuinely something it excels at. This feature is present in Apple Compressor and was in MPEG Streamclip.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base