Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Render to Multiple Locations

Often times when doing renders, I'm required to copy the final exported file into multiple locations (eg: on my internal drive, and in Dropbox for other team members to access). It would be beneficial if Media Encoder automated this process, by copying the finished export into additional folders.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Estimated Remaning Render Time way off

It still takes the same amount of time as earlier versions where the estimated remaining render time was correct but in 2019 in estimates 12 hours not the 2 hours it will really take

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AUTO CLOSE AFTER RENDERING COMPLETED

AUTO CLOSE AFTER RENDERING COMPLETED

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bug Fix: ProRes Support on Windows

Hi there,

AME 2019 has some stability issues with rendering ProRes files. Currently, every time I queue the files to render in AME, it crashes the program. I've been on the forums with tech support and they said it was a glitch in the new version of AME and After Effects (16.1).

My guess is it's an error with the .epr files that Media stores in the MediaIO folder on the local disk.

Here's the crash report attached:

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When sending the que from AE to Encoder, I'd like the render settings selected in AE to transfer into Encoder.

When sending the que from AE to Encoder, I'd like the render settings selected in AE to transfer into Encoder. Currently when we send from AE into Encoder, I have to again reselect my export options in Encoder. Encoder seems to always keep the last render setting used and apply it to the new batch.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add append preset name to file name to ingest method

It looks like using the ingest method doesn't get the "append preset name to file name" option despite it being checked in my preferences. We need a field for it in the ingest method (right now, only Custom text/Date/Time/File Name).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Overall queue estimated remaining time

It would be great to have an estimated time remaining for a whole batch of videos. Currently the remaining time is only displayed per output node in the Encoding Panel.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Wish List

Wish List
    -Add prefix and suffix options to presets

-Add trim start and tail of clip to preset - Example: Remove 250 frames from start and 170 frames from the end. Broadcast files have idents and vision holds that clients don't want to see

-Add 'super preset' although you can add more than one preset to files, this requires a few more steps than there needs to be. A super preset is one preset you can drag onto a clip(s) that contains more than one preset within it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow me to adjust volume of chime when queue finishes

Just a simple thing, allow me to raise/lower volume of the chime that indicates the queue is finished.

I use headphones, and while the queue is going I'll jump back into working on a timeline, the clips usually are quiet because I haven't done an audio mix, so up the volume goes...and then the queue finishes and my ears get shot by the chime.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug Report: MPEG 2 won't render if output set to SD (720x480)

Presets that we have for SD mpeg2 vids no longer work with AME CC 2019. Error msg is "Export Error. Error Compiling movie"

Source file is ProRes LT, other presets do work. If I change the export file dimensions to 1280x720 (or higher), Things works as expected. But no love for an SD export.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. SECURE FTP!!!!

For the love of... please update media encoder FTP transfer to allow transfer over Secure FTP (SFTP)

You all have not updated FTP transfer software since 2010! Its time to get with the program and allow for better security. Without this feature the automated system in Adobe does not work and files have to be transferred manually or you have to run no encryption at all which is not a wise idea for anyone and puts the network at risk.

Adobe please address this. This is a very common issue for broadcasters and other media companies.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Render Fails When Rendering H.265 Directly from Premiere

Hello! I've been having trouble for the last few months when rendering Premiere projects as h.265 files. My premiere/media encoder is currently up to date, but this same thing happened in the last versions as well.

Basically, when I export premiere projects using the h.265 codec it often fails before the render finishes. Here is what gets written to the error file:

• Encoding Time: 13:59:45
      07/26/2018 12:09:58 PM : Encoding Failed

Export Error
    Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: HEVC (H.265)
    Writing to file: \?\E:\AVE0 Temp\FurryComputer\redner1.mp4
    Writing file type: HEVC
    Around timecode: 00:09:10:36 - 00:09:10:44 …

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a preset needs support for interlaced media

The JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a preset currently supports only Progressive output in the Basic Video Settings but we desperately need support for both interlaced sources and properly interlaced output to meet the JPEG 2000 archival requirements of the Library of Congress and other archival organizations.

We have a growing backlog of interlaced 1080i 59.94 program files that need to be converted to lossless, interlaced JPEG 2000 files for archival delivery, compliant with ISO/IEC 15444-2 specifications. I would point out that such files have become a core deliverable for many broadcasters, distributors and funding and production tax credits agencies, both in…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. HEVC Codec error

I currently manage over 400 Macs with Adobe Media Encoder installed and I am seeing the following error when trying to import files that use the HEVC codec on around 60% of these machines.

All machines are configured exactly the same and have the following setup
    MacOS 10.12.6
    AME 12.1.1 (Build 12)

The exact error message I get is attached

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Rendering via "File AEM" in After Effects, then make a retake… gosh!

BUG : Rendering a composition via "File AEM" in After Effects, then make a retake, save, and render again doesn't apply the retake - Enven after quitting Media Encoder, deleting the AEM folder and use "File AEM" in After Effects again! Sometime deleting cache files in After Effect does it but not always. Only copy-past the layers in a new comp and rendering the new comp does it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. PROPER color profile and bith depth handling!

You can't work professionally with AME unless you implement proper color profile rendering and comprehensive (!!!) bith depth handling!

Especially coming from AE, how would you export to a digital intermediate, if you can't export something MORE than 8 bit, and Rec.709? It's just embarassing for Adobe.

— I just come from having a nightmare experience on my last job... Had to use FFmpeg to get a reasonable 10 bit broadcast format, that still contained all the color information. That is a FREE app that got the job done, compared to the PAID Media Encoder...

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Remove completed jobs from queue

Add a menu item or panel button to remove completed jobs from queue, it'd be better than restarting AME to get rid of those jobs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. PLEASE allow custom destination paths for each preset respectively

We constantly have to encode one commercial sport to multiple markets (20+) across the US. Each market has it's own video specs. It would REALLY be a time saver to have each preset go to a predetermined destination, instead of all going into one folder then having to sort them out. Please?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base