Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When exporting to an image sequence from an AE comp, allow 1) custom start frame numbers and 2) getting frame numbers from the composition

Example: If I exported an image sequence 1000 frames long, but decided I wanted to replace frames 50-100. I could select those frames as my in In Point & Out Point and click a box that says "take frame numbers from composition" or something, then the exported image files would be called XXX0050 - XXX0100 automatically.

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Distrubuted Processing, Export with multiple computers

Similar to Compressor on macOS — add the ability for users to queue and export a Premiere Pro timeline on another workstation(s). Editors can be liberated to work on the next project as the last finishes in a queue on another computer.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Premiere Pro + AME broken dynamic link in 12.1.2

Dynamic link from After Effects to Encoder works fine. Dynamic Link from Premiere Pro to After Effects/Audition works fine. Premiere Pro to Encoder DOES NOT. After clicking queue in PPro, it opens up Encoder like it's sent something, but nothing pops up in the Queue. The Create Proxies dialog box that pops up when sending proxies to Encoder disappears much too quick instead of actually processing like usual all the videos.

This is only been a problem since I updated to the latest Premiere (12.1.2) and Encoder (12.1.2). I'm trying to create a lot of proxies from Premiere Pro. Going…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multi-audio on MP4 export

Please add the multi-audio export for H264.mp4 setup ... (like it's possible for MXF)

AAC 5.1 are not enought ... (because channel 4 are compressed and lowerred because it is SubBass track).
    I want to use the H264 export setup option with a multi-audio mono (or stéréo) tracks like it existe for MXF file...

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adobe Media Encoder bug - Media Offline for captions w/ After Effects

I've encountered a strange bug. I have captions and an After Effects lower third on two different tracks on a timeline. Using Mac OSX 10.13.4, AME 12.1, Premiere 12.1.

If I render out of Premiere, no problems.

If I send to AME and try to render, the caption track renders as "Media Offline".

If I delete all content such that only the caption and the AE clips exist, the caption track renders as "Media Offline".

However, if I delete the AE content (turning off visibility doesn't do it) then the captions will render normally in AME.

It doesn't matter where…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Instagram Presets

Instagram options should be included in the Social Media area.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Appending _1 to output

Can AME check for overwrites whenever a format is changed instead of leaving _1 appended to the file name?

I often export a preview mp4 and a ProRes file for my clients. Those have different extensions, so they're not going to collide. But if you duplicate an output to change it, it appends 1 to the file name to avoid a collision of names, but then when you change it to another format and extension AME should double check whether or not it needs to add that 1. It'd save me a step to not have to change the output…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable hardware encoding / decoding for h264 and h265 - it's 2018

I have i9 7900x with Nvidia 1080ti and 64gb ram Win 10. Was excited to hear about hardware encoding for h264 and h265 (finally!!!). Was stunned to find out it's only for intel integrated graphics - it's an April Fools 2018 joke, right? I guess I'm still transcoding in other (free) software until Adobe catches up...

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Media Encoder worker nodes

I would like to be able to add to a media encoder queue running on a separate computer on shared storage.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export to Cineform UHD i slooow especially in win10

Exporting to Cineform 4K/UHD in win10 (with appropriate encoder installed) gives sub 1fps encoding times with almost no CPU being used :-( and basically one week to encode one movie.
    Especially a joke when on the same install can fire up Davinci Resolve 15 and get 25fps+ on the same task actually using the resources of the computer.

Also encoding from MXF to cineform no matter what resolution is also a sub 1fps ordeal even for SD for some reason??

fix Cineform and make it available as default with you own working implementation of the code, its open source and…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change Name of "Source" Folder when using Watch Folders

When using a Watch Folder, ME moves the original file to a folder called Source and places it under a sub-folder named with the date and time.

This means that locating the original file requires knowledge of when it was processed. Not a big deal when managing only a few files, but a huge pain for a large number of files, particularly when multiple editors need to locate those files.

At a bare minimum, I would like the be able to set the sub-folder name to the same as the original file. Appending a "_#" tot he folder name in…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug: Media Necoder

Ticks = 65409 <4525426112> <Assert> <0> Debug Assert failed!
    Expression: false
    If you see this assert fire log a bug please.
    Process: Adobe Media Encoder CC 2019
    Process ID: 3296
    Thread ID: 4525426112
    File: /ame13.0.2/releases/AME/amedynamiclinkclient/src/AMEDynamicLinkClient.cpp
    Line: 967
    Function: virtual AMEDLClient::AMEDynamicLinkManager::~AMEDynamicLinkManager()
    Assert Dialog Show:false
    Callstack:
    AMEDLClient::AMEDynamicLinkManager::~AMEDynamicLinkManager()
    AMEDLClient::AMEDynamicLinkManager::~AMEDynamicLinkManager()
    AMEDLClient::AMEDynamicLinkManager::Terminate()
    AME::app::AMEAppInitializer::~AMEAppInitializer()
    AME::app::AMEApp::TerminateApplication()
    exo::app::AppBase::Terminate()
    AME::RunTheApp(exo::app::AppInitArgs&, std::1::vector<std::1::basicstring<unsigned short, std::__1::chartraits<unsigned short>, dvacore::utility::SmallBlockAllocator::STLAllocator<unsigned short> >, std::1::allocator<std::1::basicstring<unsigned short, std::__1::chartraits<unsigned short>, dvacore::utility::SmallBlockAllocator::STLAllocator<unsigned short> > > >&)
    main
    start

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. we spend 30% of our work time rendering

guys i don't know about you but i render a lot and some time after i finish render i found some problem with the file and i re-render it so yes i spend most of my time in after effect and in premiere pro and then sending the file to media encoder to do the render and i expect it fire my computer at 100% cpu and ram and gpu do what ever it take to finsh it as fast as it can as my life depend on it

i have
    CPU AMD 1700@3.6Ghz
    ram 32GB@3000mhz
    gpu nvidia 1060 6gb …

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Exporting Captions: "embed in output file" only exports 608 captions.

In EXPORT SETTINGS in Premiere:
    - when I have both 608 and 708 caption file on my project, I hit "Queue", it will only export the 608 text. However, in Premiere if I don't hit "Queue" and hit "export" it will export both.

So, exporting in Media Encoder does not for some reason export the 708 caption stream. Only the 608 one.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Overall queue estimated remaining time

It would be great to have an estimated time remaining for a whole batch of videos. Currently the remaining time is only displayed per output node in the Encoding Panel.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set Limit File Size

Please add an option to Set Limit File Size!

Thanks

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Display render time when completed

After AME is finished with a render, display the time it took to complete. This information is available in the log file, but who wants to open that (and then convert seconds to hours/minutes) every time you render?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please add cloud GPUs to supported list for AME/Premiere

Currently, none of the available GPUs in AWS, Azure or GCP are listed under the "accepted/certified" list for Premiere/AME (https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html#SystemrequirementsApril2018121releaseofPremiereProCC). We are not seeing ANY added efficiency on export/rendering from Adobe Premiere when there are any of the following NVIDIA GPUs present and working on the cloud compute instance:

NVIDIA M60
    NVIDIA P100
    NVIDIA P4

Please add these to the list so we can get a performance boost when exporting/rendering on cloud instances.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base