Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Since the springupdate 12.1 - april mediaencoder on OSX 10.13.4 became totally useless / unpredictable

Since the springupdate 12.1 - april, mediaencoder on OSX 10.13.4 became totally useless / unpredictable.
    First is that encoding to HEVC is now missing the "max bitrate" setting. Only "target bitrate" is available.
    Whatever I select, ME creates extreme huge temp. M4V files .
    For example: HEVC traget 13Mbit/s estimatetd 3000MByte VBR = creates files of 25 GB..then tries to multiplex to a MP4 file, and therefor consumes every available discspace (up to 55GB in my case)...the OSX raises a warning ...running out of diskspace....the now created MP4 has now 11GB and is only playing halfway.

If set to CBR…

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keyframes in audio effects ignored (BUG)

When exporting to h.264 from Premiere Pro CC 2018, the Media Encoder ignores the first set of keyframes in audio effects. This results in a weird jumps in the audio effects at the beginning of the video. To replicate:

1) Apply the Mastering audio effect to a clip
    2) Create some keyframes with initial values for a few parameters
    3) Create a second set of keyframes later in the clip that modify those same parameters
    4) Create a third set of keyframes modifying those parameters
    5) Export the video to h.264 mp4 using Media Encoder

Expected behavior:

Video should contain…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. LOSSLESS QUALITY

Media Encoder could has a tool to control the settings to export compressed content without lose quality in terms of human vision.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Footage from my iPhone is being flipped 90 degrees while compressing. Why?!

I go to look at the footage placed in my timeline and it looks a normal 16:9 look. Yet, while compressing my footage Media Encoder flips my videos upsidedown? Why?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a feature to dial back the export speed and save system resources

I don't always need an export to happen as quick as possible. If I want to continue editing in Premiere while ME exports, it's quite laggy, but I often don't mind if an export takes longer as long as I can continue working.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 12.0.1 Crashes constantly, had to down grade to 12.0

I had to downgrade the recent update because it just would not work on my system. I had to downgrade Premiere Pro as well. Before that that I tried uninstalling and re-installing, checked startup and services to make sure everything was enabled, etc. I have an older laptop on Windows 10 and I keep everything up to date. I have not worked with the any of the other recent upates yet to se if they have similar issues.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rendering a sequence from a Premiere Pro project file

I'd like to be able to set up watch folder for Media Encoder, and to accept sequences from Premiere Pro files (so i send my sequence from my computer, then render on a 2nd machine / server), without having to transfer source files to the 2nd computer.

Currently only already made videos can be moved to watch folders.
    And sequences within premiere project files have to manually be added to Media Encoder

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Media Encoder 2020 Renders Stalling

Just a simple queue of 2 videos that contain Broll and simple titling from the Essential Graphics element. First video rendered fine, second video stalled at different points, but routinely stalled. This is on an iMac 2017 (max specs) running Mojave. Both videos rendered just fine within Premiere. I have never had a render stall out in Media Encoder until now.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include project link for Comps sent from After Effects

It would be great if AME has an option to include a project link in the same way the After Effects Render Queue does in the Output Module Settings dialog box.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Include project link for Comps sent from After Effects

It would be great if AME has an option to include a project link in the same way the After Effects Render Queue does in the Output Module Settings dialog box.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. DPP AS11 files level shift

Exporting DPP AS11 files has awful levels shift. Shadows raised and highlights dropped. I've tested creating AS11 in Media Encoder from a dozen different mezzanine files and encounter the same. So Media Encoder doesn't appear to be an option for AS11 creation as far as I can tell. It's strange as I've used it the past so will test some older Media Encoder versions and see if there is a version where it works.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 19 20 21 23 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base