Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cut 'X' Frames from start and end of clip / Add hold

As I process broadcast files, most of them have ten seconds of idents at the start and 5 seconds of hold on the end.

It would be great it there was a setting under 'effects' to tell media encoder to automatically remove x amount of frames from the start and end of the clip. You can adjust this to suite so you are left with only the actual content.

An additional feature would be to ask media encoder to add a hold onto the end of a clip. For instance broadcast files have 5 seconds hold, but other content delivery…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Full ExtendScript support (with documentation) including Vimeo/YouTube metadata

After Effects can't export an H264 larger than 2000x2000. When I'm exporting 100 files to AME for 4K YouTube/Vimeo upload, it would be extremely helpful to be able to set the metadata (and other settings) via script. Doing this manually is a beast!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make interpretation settings part of the custom presets

I frequently have to batch render a huge number of files to a different frame rate.
    The only way to do this is:
    1) drag & drop the files (slow).
    2) Then select them all and right-click to reinterpret the files. (SLOW)
    3) hange the frame rate (it’s is always defaulted to 1 fps??? Why doesn’t it at least remember what I last changed things to?)
    4) Click ok …and wait for AME to make the changes (SLOOOOOWWWW!)
    5) And then hit save (just in case something happens) and then hit render.
    Allowing the interpretation settings to be part of…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change Source Range of Selected Queued Items

I have clips that have in and out set in Premiere Pro CC. I queue in them in AME. I want to encode the Range In/Out not Entire Clip. Currently there is no way to change all of the clips in the queue and I have to open the dialog for each of the clips one by one. Thanks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change Source Range of Selected Queued Items

I have 300 clips that have in and out set in Premiere Pro CC. I queue in them in AME. I want to encode the Range In/Out not Entire Clip. Currently there is no way to change all of the clips in the queue and I have to open the dialog for each of the 300 clips one by one. Thanks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. sync preset folders

Adobe Media Encoder should also sync/export preset FOLDERS as well as the presets themselves.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MAKE IT WORK!

Sending sequences from Premiere to ME is a **** CRAPSHOOT. I simply cannot rely on getting an accurate export. Today, I sent my final sequence out from Premiere to ME, compressing it using the YouTube 1080p preset. It made a nice, 2.7 gig file...and within that file were instances where audio was duplicated and repeated, as if our host were repeating herself.

If I can't get an identical output to what I input, then the program's pretty useless.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Steal After Effects' import code

OMG..the import if files on my system is so painfully slow.
    Yet AE an Premiere…no issues. There’s almost no lag on the import.
    Why WHY is AE so painfully slow?
    If I want to reinterpret a bunch of files…SLOW!
    OMG so slow.
    Again? AE and Premiere…not slow.
    Instant (in comparison)
    So...
    Walk down the hall, knock on AE’s door.
    When they answer, hit ‘em on the head with a small sock of pennies and steal their import code.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Contextual Menu (right-Click) REPLACE all in queue with this setting

If I have many files i want converted, the default is to use the last setting applied.
    That’s okay as long as you remember to drag and drop one file first if you want a change.
    But you should be able top right click a setting and have it REPLACE the settings in the list rather than add another render setting.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Render with preview files fails with third-party audio plug-ins

When encoding a Premiere sequence that uses VST or AU audio plugins and the 'Use Previews' setting enabled Media Encoder freezes on the first frame with audio, proceeding to fail with the error:

"Error compiling movie. Exporter returned bad result."

Exporting direct from Premiere with the exact same settings works as intended.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set Clip In/Out as default range when batch importing from Premiere

When sending a batch of CLIPS from Premiere to Media Encoder, Media Encoder sets the default Source Range to "Entire Clip", rather than "Clip In/Out".

Clip In/Out should be the default selection, or there should be an easy way to change this for all clips in the queue, rather than having to set each clip individually.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. animated gif

enable Animated GIF encoding on MacOS version of AME

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow rendering while playing back in Premiere

When I batch export videos in Media Encoder, the rendering process is paused when I push play in Premiere Pro. The whole point of queueing videos in Media Encoder is to do it in the background, and by pausing the render that defeats the purpose. I've read (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2228890) that this was by design, but the ability to toggle that option would be really helpful.

I have 2 Xeon processors and 144 GB of RAM, so my computer can handle rendering and 4k playback. I know this because I often restart the render in Media Encoder while editing in…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have it work

If AME started up that would be a great start

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. % based quality control for h265 and h264 encoding

We should be able to set a % of the original quality in the encoding setting so the user can more easily get the bitrate they need compared to the original file.
    this will be great for re-encoding h264 to h265 for example to get the files smaller without checking the bitrate on every different file.
    The unofficial webm plugin supports this, so why not the official ones?!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. when i check that video is vr can it always render it as vr?

when I render vr videos about one time out of 10 it doesn't render as a vr
    video (yes, I always check the box video is vr)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [BUG] Importing multiple After Effects compositions requires unnecessary additional steps

When I open an After Effects project in the Media Browser and drag multiple Comps into the Queue, I get prompted to navigate to the Comp for each Comp that I have added to the Queue. It seems to be a bug.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BROADCAST

Media Encoder presets could be more faithful with the You Tube, Vimeo and Instagram settings. Its important to preserve the video quality.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Media Encoder crashes constantly.

I believe it is the dynamic line manager that is actually the problem. I have to output about a 100 promos a session. Seems like a great reason to use the "Render que". After getting about 15 spots into the Render que, Premire starts to hang up (like I can't "goto inpoint") and Encoder will stop adding to the que. At this point I have to reboot and resend everything back into the que. Most days I just render the spots one at a time. This has become a huge waste of time.
    MacPro (trash Can), High Sierra
    64gb, 2…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base