Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Select source audio tracks

When I get rushes that have 4 tracks of audio I want to be able to choose the tracks that I want to process and mute in AME to create dailies. Much like Modify Clip > Audio Channels in Premiere Pro.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. time interpolation no longer works for imported videos

Applying time interpolation (optical flow or blending) used to work just fine for imported videos (I believe imported timelines from PP still work fine.) But they are no longer working for me. Encoding a video from 30fps to 60fps for example with time interpolation set to optical flow only creates a 60fps video with every other frame duplicated rather than creating new optical flow frames. As I said, this use to work fine but I just noticed it no longer does.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Media encoder - coloured render list

I think it would be great if you could add a colour label to your renders in media encoder, just like what automatically happens in After Effects when you have given your comps a specific colour.

This would help the user differentiate different sources/output when queuing up batches of videos.

It would be even better, if media encoder inherited the colour when rendering comps sent from After Effects.

Attached is a quick mockup. It would also be nice if this was taken a step further and the source name text was coloured too, or at least have an option in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 10bit encoding using GPU,

Please improve 10bit encoding using GPU, at the moment you dont support 10bit export, I have tried for the last 4-5 days to keep 10 bit all the hdr rec2020 and use hardware encoding which reverts back to software encoding which is no good very slow , 10bit 4k with hdr rec2020 is the way forward and include in you adobe media centre + adobe premier pro for a new pre-set for this, when I select x265 custom pre-set and select main 10 , tier high, rec2020, hdr, and include hdr10, straight away I receive a message , your system…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: media encoder crashes if character animator is open prior to opening ME on m1 macbook airs

Bug: If Character Animator is open, and you attempt to open media encoder, media encoder will stall and become unresponsive on an m1 macbook air. This is a consistent issue on over 38 macbook air's for the past 3 weeks.

Build 15.4.1

To solve, you need to close character animator, open media encoder (which now opens swimmingly fast), then re-open character animator and export.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Render alert

Send a text message or an email once something has finished rendering.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Force encoder to finish it's job

It just stops encoding for no reason, the previous encoder would have been fine, this has happened on 2 occasions since the recent update.
    Please fix as this could seriously harm my work in future.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Media encoder used as a networked frame server. A render farm.

Media Encoder should be a central hub that just picks up render jobs over the network. Basically Adobes version of deadline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow User to change to Constant FR

There is a big issue with iphone footage coming in with Variable FR resulting in skewed audio/video throughout the adobe suite. Right now the only fix for it is to upload the footage into third party software and encode the footage to have a Constant FR, which is pretty ridiculous given that we have a media encoder for Adobe and if I wanted to be using open source software, I wouldn't be paying for the adobe suite. I think Media Encoder is the obvious software solution for this but it affects so many of the adobe suite programs that it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Closing the window quits the software

Whenever I close Adobe Media Encoder CC 2021 by clicking the red "X" on Mac, it quits the software, instead of just closing the window and letting the software run in the background. None of my other softwares (including Adobe's) do this, and it's pretty annoying as I'd like to always have Media Encoder running (or idle) in the background, but I most often don't need its window to be showing. Thoughts?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a "Pause Queue After Current Item" Option

Being able to pause the queue in general is really helpful, but having to watch the queue so that I can pause the queue after the current item finishes, slows down the workflow. Trying to 'eyeball' when to pause is also annoying and tricky too. It would be nice to have a clean-cut "pause when you finish rendering this item" option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Custom Output File template

Allow the user to create different Output templates (like in AE), using fields/properties like :

Custom text
    Date Year/Month/Day
    Time Hour/Minutes/Seconds
    Project Name
    File Name
    Relative path
    File extension
    Width
    Height
    etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Problems when exporting/transcoding DV AVI files - Render/transcode stalls

I opened several old project containing DV AVI PAL footage. I noticed that all project with DV AVI PAL has problems when exporting from AME 14/15/22 and Premiere Pro.

The export (or transcode) stalls, continues, stalls, continues, etc, etc until it´s done. This does not happen with another source codec such as Blackmagic Design Motion-JPEG or Prores.

An easy way to reproduce:
    1. Open Premiere Pro and create a DV PAL 4:3 timeline.
    2. Create and add Bars and Tone and place it on the timeline
    3. Make the Bars and Tone 1 hour long
    4. Export to AVI >…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Exporting dynamic link comps incorrectly

When Queueing my Sequences from Premiere 15.4.1 to Media Encoder 15.4.1, my Dynamic Linked After Effects Comps are not always exporting correctly. It will skip, jump, or use old versions that do not reflect the current versions. This happens nearly every time, and my Sequences have multiple linked Comps.

If I export directly from Premiere it exports correctly every time.

I get similar but less frequent audio issues when exporting via the Queue in AME. Audio transitions may not be present and sometimes audio will be shifted or overlap when there is a hard cut. Again this does not happen…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. H.265 & Dolby/DTS codecs support

Why AME doesn't support H.265 & Dolby/DTS codecs?!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Extract audio from video without re-encoding

please add this feature:
    Extract audio from video without re-encoding like LosslessCut & myFFmpeg.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Video stopped and audio chopped off

The last couple of days of been experiencing an issue in Adobe Media Encoder 2021 with the audio stops or is cut off during playback, different cut off time for each file, even if same duration. Tested multiple audio files and projects in AE.

Started to get some files where the entire video stops, actually the mp4 is playing back the timeline is moving but the video and audio stop.

I'm having to render out from AE to an intermediate codec like AppleRes, then take those into the previous Media Encoder 2020 and create the mp4 outputs. That seems to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. General unresponsiveness, interface lag

General Lag and unresponsiveness is one of MANY performance issues I've had for the last several versions and keep hoping they'll get fixed. I've uninstalled, cleaned, reinstalled multiple times. Sometimes it improves temporarily, sometimes not. Just sending a project from AE to ME, with ME open takes 30-45 seconds. Once there, clicking on encoding options can take another minute for the panel to open. Cancelling a render, when ME gets to a frame that it gets stuck on (and will remain stuck for 15 minutes) - cancelling that job takes longer than force quitting and restarting. Maybe it's plug-ins I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug: Lower Third created within Pr as essential graphic not encoded properly

I created a lower third essential graphic within Pr. It consists of 2 type fields and some background.
    When exporting to Me via queue and encoding the background is missing. Encoding directly from Pr works fine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add "Auto Increment" to INGEST presets

Since Prelude is being eliminated, it would be great to have the ability to add automatic number increments when renaming files while using the ingest feature and copying to a new destination. This feature was in Prelude - you could add as 1, 01, 001, 0001, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base