Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Freezing when encoding proxies. Hang and need a cold boot.

Well done Adobe with breaking something on each update.

I was encoding h.265 4K 50p video to Quicktime Cineform proxy under Windows 10.

Last update that was a big mess up on Premiere Pro and now it f***s up even in the first step. You know people work for living with your tool right? This is not funny.

Do we need to wait for another 2 months for a proper update (while you may be f***ing another things up like system freeze on importing files or such)?

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug when queueing from Premiere to Media Encoder

Lately, when I hit queue in Premiere my render settings do not port to Media Encoder. Instead when the project loads in AME, AAC is set as the export format in the format column.

I have seen this echoed on multiple computers.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make renders GPU Intensive

When rendering a queue, I check in Task Manager, CPU is on 100%, GPU around 0%!
    Many people have good VGA cards, while most of them own 7700, 8700 or 9700 at most, even having a few more CPU cores is not an advantage if compared to GPU based rendering.
    So why both Media Encoder & Premiere just use CPU to render/export rather than GPU?!
    In Media Encoder last version > Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine GPU... is selected by default, but no effect, am I doing anything wrong?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Embed captions in more formats

You can currently only embed closed captions into Quicktime MOVs. This needs to be expanded so you can also embed captions in MPEG-2 (PS & TS) and MP4 formats. You can currently do that in Apple Compressor, but not Media Encoder.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. You can stop AME from halting a queue mid-encode when you lose internet connectivity.

I realise Adobe needs to make money. I pay my subscription. But what gives with AME asking you if you want to quit mid queue (in this case creating proxies) when you lose your internet connection? Then stalling after it finishes an item without manual intervention clicking repeatably no to the dialogue box "do you really want to stop encoding?". We need to be able to render unattended regardless of whether we have a stable internet provider. A totally unacceptable situation. And Premiere Pro wants to quit as well.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a most commonly requested aspect ratio to the preset crop menu: 1:1

The source crop menu in AME contains all sorts of preset crop ratios - apart from the one that virtually everyone I speak to wants:

1:1 (eg: square).

Can you please add it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Timecode reset

I have a problem importing media to Premiere using Media Encoder.
    Sometimes, when I finish importing, the camera's original timecode is reseted to 0:00. The strange thing is that it doesn't always reset, and I can't find the factor that determines this. I always use the same preset (MXF XDCAM)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. XDCam MXF format and stereo sound

I tried to do custom export preset for XDCam MXF format with stereo sound and failed. I made this preset for our Final Cut X users easily with Compressor but when I tried to do the same with Media Encoder Preset Manager I failed. It would be nice if I'll have an option to make MXF presets with custom audio settings.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Generating timecode

In the effects section it is not possible to choose 23,976 fps with the option generate timecode. Is it a bug or a feature? :-)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Media Encoder not uploading, hangs (FTP)

Bug Report
    Media Encoder CC2019 13.1 build 173 on Mac OS X 10.13.6

1. Queue a sequence from PP CC2019 to Media Encoder.
    2. Use a preset that has Publish enabled (FTP in my case - account has been tested, and the same preset worked successfully on an earlier render.)
    3. The encoding completed successfully with a good file, but the FTP publish step is stuck indefinitely on "Waiting for encoding" (see picture). I have waited 20 minutes.

Log attached in reply message.

Update: After writing this I open the setting and tested the FTP connection.
    AME hanged (beachballed). Let…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MATCH SOURCE AUDIO BUTTON

Please make it an option to either bypass audio compression, or match the source file's number of tracks so that we don't need to adjust how many tracks for each individual file for larger projects. Take a page out of Apple's compressor for this please.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Your latest Premiere Pro update has "rendered" Media Encoder useless.

Renders that once took an hour now take (huh?) 66 hours. After your latest update of Premiere Pro (May 2019), media encoder takes forever to render.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Media Encoder does not apply Lumetri Effects to render... please fix

Media Encoder does not apply Lumetri Effects to render... please fix

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Media Encoder reduces CBR on software mode

When encoding in software mode at 40 Mbit/s CBR, the encoder roughly halves that number (20,3 Mbit/s) even though it should be set to 40 Mbit/s.
    When doing the same thing using the hardware encoder, the bitrate is a solid 40 Mbit/s.
    This seems like a significant bug, particularly when encoding 4K video, since the hardware encoder can't handle bitrates above 60 Mbits/s.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Any time the Global FX are turned off in Premiere Pro, I want a warning before I encode the project.

Any time the Global FX are turned off in Premiere Pro, I want a warning before I encode the project.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Media Encoder crazy slow since CC2019

This is a general observation rather than a specific request, but ever since the CC2019, ME is really sluggish. Things that are now taking ages and/or just plain crashing:

- Opening the app
    - Dragging a mov in to the queue
    - Selecting the preset
    - Selecting the size
    - Unchecking the linked ratio box
    - Changing 1 pass to 2 pass
    - Selecting output location.

So yeah basically everything takes three times longer than it used to. What happened!?

(Windows 10, 32gig ram, Geforce 680M, no problems before update)

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Preferences: determine default transcode/export preset from MediaEncoder for any source's incoming file

Predetermine the output of MediaEncoder (ME) via "Preferences": ME is not only useful in the Adobe's App ballpark but also very welcome on already delivered files that need to be transcoded. Well, there is a "default destination" one can determine in the settings but there is no "default transcode" to set before one brings in files from an external source (let's say EVS ProRes(HQ) off a multi-cam recording or even an H.264 off any drone) and pre-determine the output setting.
    This should be available in the settings of ME!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix bug when exporing MP4 - Audio falls around 10ms out of sync

This seems to be the same problem others have had described here:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2285436

When exporting to H.264 in MP4 the audio falls around 10ms out of sync. Very confusing. All other formats seem to be fine. I have even exported to ProRes 422 HQ, then taken that file directly into AME and the audio was off. See the picture attached, where the first track is video, second track is correct audio exported from sound studio and third track is the mp4 exported, with sound out of sync. We have tried many different settings, but the fact that it works with…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Failure

I believe we can all benefit from having a nice sound effect that indicates when a Render has Failed or Completed successfully.

It is incredibly frustrating to come back to my computer to see that devilish Red 'X', shamelessly telling me that AME decided to spontaneously abort mission without warning. Now this is, obviously, very frustrating and can ruin your entire mood and workflow. But, what if it didn't?

What if there was a little more satisfaction in successfully rendering a composition? Now here me out, I'm sure most of us have played a game or two at some point.…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base