Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remember last outputfolder

When using AME as a render for AE, it's unpleasant to set the output folder for each queued item. A preference to make AME behave like AE (output to the previous set folder) would be nice and time saving.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add option to render a specific file/queue at a specific time.

I would like to schedule the posting of files to social media at specific times.
    Add an option to render at a specific file at a specific time. or to start the queue at a specific time.
    I would like to schedule the posting of files to social media at specific times throughout the day and evening.
    I know that most social media have the ability to schedule a post to publish at a specific time. Can the AME access these parts of the APK? If not then can it just process the rendering of a file at a preset…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: 2020 does not read 23.978 timecode

2020 cannot create TC Burn properly for 23.98 footage.

AME 2019 can. Same file. I have to use AME 2019 to make proxies and TC burn videos. Sad face.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Media Encoder hanging during transcode

There is a bug that I have yet to see explained exactly the same as I am experiencing it. I'm trying to transcode some MP4 h.264 files into a higher compressed h.264 file to better fit in it's playback medium. I thought the issue was the computer going to sleep pausing the render, even though that should not have been the case.
    -Fresh install of Windows 10 1809
    -drop multiple mp4 files into AME, hit start and it will go for a while.
    -after a few minutes it stops rendering. No error, no immediate crash. Just no movement, no change…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG: Media Encoder will not generate drop frame timecode.

1. If creating a preset from scratch, it is possible to "Set Start Timecode" to a DF (e.g. 01;00;0;00)...HOWEVER the output file will be NON drop frame starting at 00;59;56;11

2. A preset with DF "Set Start Timecode" of 01:00;00;00 will immediately be changed to NDF timecode starting at 00:59:56:12 when applied to source clip in queue, and can not be changed to DF 01;00;00;00 once applied.

3. In Preferences>Media, "Indeterminate Media Timebase" is always set to 29.97 Drop-Frame

I have tried several versions of Media Encoder:
    12.1.2 in Mac OSX 10.11.6
    13.0.1 in Mac OSX 10.13.6

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow to change multiple files in queue to specific out put location

Why, oh why doesn't media encoder allow me to select multiple file sin a queue and set a specific output location? I would think this would be a given especially after how long this program has been around.

Simply put again: I would/need to have the option to select multiple files in queue and set a specific output location/folder for each file - so allowing multiple output locations for whatever the file requires. I am constantly doing large jobs and multiple revisions on multiple versions of videos. To have to adjust each file separately is tedious and time consuming.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why is Media Encoder a separate app?

Genuinely curious as to why this isn't just built into Premiere and After Effects as a separate window that opens when you export or queue videos, so you can then keep editing. Why does there need to be an entire new application that opens up, one that must be updated/downloaded as much as Premiere and that looks identical to the export menus in Premiere?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. JPEG export is ridiculously slow

I'm exporting a 4K .MOV to a 5 fps JPEG sequence (I need the frames for a photo scan) and Media Encoder is taking about 1 second per frame to write JPG files to an SSD??? I would expect the whole process to go a lot faster than real time. Seems lame.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Basic Audio Remuxing Capability

It would be awesome to be able to add/remove/replace audio streams without having to use other apps.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would improve the connection with the dynamic link

To render a 10 second video, spend hours trying to connect with dynamic links and conclude nothing, unusable.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Media Encoder making my whole system lag when exporting

Any project I export makes my whole system lag (this is only from the new update) even my Wacom Tablet Pen I use will not work while export is taking place and I have to use my mouse instead!?

Have tried cleaning out all the cache files too.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. HUGE MISTAKE!!! Gopro Prores limited to 60fps

For years I have been editing in Premiere Pro using Gopro Prores proxy file presets, and now I cannot create those proxy files for footage with 100 or 120fps as they are limited to 60fps since version 14. This is crazy! I cannot work with HEVC proxies as they are not so good and fluent. Please fix this ASAP, I don't know why you had to discontinue this in the first place?? Even Apple Prores is limited to 60fps. Please fix this, it totally disrupted my workflow..

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Favorite presets

Being able to have favorite presets with a favorite panel or section would make finding my go-to presets so much easier without having to dig through tabs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG - Media Encoder 2020 4.0.3 outputs green and purple blank video

Premiere won't show imports except as green or flashing color blank, and media encoder won't output anything but the same in the latest update. Roll back to premiere 14.0.1 and all is well. sAME 1 VERSION BACK WITH MEDIA ENCODER, HEY, i HAVE LATEST DRIVERS FOR EVERYTHING! cHECKED 10 TIMES! Cannot have these delays....

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Media Encoder faster!!!

Just make it faster. 22 h for a 6 min video is so so so so frustrating.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Watch Folder not working at all

Hi,

Upgraded to 2020 and the watch folders do not work at all. I am connected to a Lumaforge Jellyfish server and exporting to my local desktop on a Mac Mini.

When I add a project to the watch folder, AME gets a beach ball and hangs.

The project is set up correctly with sequences at the root of the project. Already tried resetting preferences, changing the folder location, restarting AME, trying a new project, etc. The watch folder just sits idle and then AME freezes when a new project is added to the folder.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Media encoder takes twice as long to encode a premier pro sequence than exporting it from premier pro directly

Adobe media encoder does not utilize my systems performance when encoding a premier pro sequence, thus taking a lot longer than it should.

When i export a sequence straight out of the premier pro software, the software utilizes all my recourses and takes about 45 mins to endode whereas AME takes 9 hours to encode that same sequence using about 20% CPU with spikes!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A 'smart fail' option of sorts?

Can AME offer some kind of 'output monitoring'? For example, often I will have a batch of proxies or sequences queued up to export. Sometimes AME won't fail exporting (give the yellow ! error), it will just hang and stop encoding. This is extremely annoying in its own right, but when it stops early on in an overnight batch encode only to see 4 or 5 out of 20 actually encoded in the morning, it is beyond frustrating that I let my computer run 8 hours doing nothing.

Can AME offer some kind of monitoring that if it is not…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Watch Folder Configuration Files

I have about 40 watch folders and these are stuck in ME 2019 and I now use 2020, but will have to recreate every single watch folder.

I just want to export them and import them in the same way I can with Presets.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG: Encoder stops at end of encoding a premier project.

When encoding a Premiere Pro project in media encoder. The clip will finish encoding and export a file but will still sit unfinished in the encoder queue. If you push pause and play it will complete.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base