Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Renders with missing media even though it is not missing

In Premiere, I can export a sequence with motion graphic templates and it renders correctly. If I send the same sequence to Media Encoder the media asset in the mogrt goes missing and does not prompt me it is missing it renders it with the media as color bars. I only noticed it in the render preview window in Media Encoder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Media encoder files rendered from AE have a gamma shift. Contrast is washed out. Please FIX IT ASAP

Media encoder files rendered from AE have a gamma shift. Contrast is washed out. Please FIX IT ASAP.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In newest media encoder version audio plugins dont render

It just renders the file as there was no audio effects on master track

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it possible to rename aliases in a logical way

It's hard to find out how to rename an alias - if it is possible at all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make changing presets and destinations logical.

AME is very contra intuitive regarding to choosing a preset for multiple queue items. There is an incomplete popup-menu, and we can not drag a preset to all selected items at once.

-Add User Presets and Aliases to the Popup Menu

-When multiple items are selecting, set a preset for all of thos by double clicking it in the Preset Browser, or dragging it to one of the selected queued items.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please fix the hide shortcut function for Encoder

Media encoder 15.0-15.2 no longer supports the hide and minimize features via hotkey, nor is it in the hotkeys options. The older versions supported such basic functionality. I have to click on the minimize button to push it to the dock but command+M and command+H do nothing. Very frustrating. Please fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After Effects + .json source text sometimes ignored via Media Encoder?

I'm doing lots of source text changes (via essential propeties) in precomposed text layers using external Json files to change the text. In the majority of these cases everything works fine and I've done over 2000 of these renders this way.

But every once in a while the text layer ignores the json file and just used the default text inside the text pre-comp even through it's all connected with expressions correctly.

This is a consistent issue across multiple versions of After Effects, Media encoder and on both Mac and PC. From 2019, 2020, 2021 and the new beta.

As…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. iPhone/Android app connected to desktop app.

iPhone/Android app that allows the user to check on the progress of an export and sends an alert when complete or failed. Ability to reset export from a distance or change export settings if failed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hardware acceleration repair

Pre-settings (bitrate) do not match in final export when hardware acceleration on. Everything is ok when software option is activated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Video stopped and audio chopped off

The last couple of days of been experiencing an issue in Adobe Media Encoder 2021 with the audio stops or is cut off during playback, different cut off time for each file, even if same duration. Tested multiple audio files and projects in AE.

Started to get some files where the entire video stops, actually the mp4 is playing back the timeline is moving but the video and audio stop.

I'm having to render out from AE to an intermediate codec like AppleRes, then take those into the previous Media Encoder 2020 and create the mp4 outputs. That seems to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Media Encoder mistakenly encodes MP4 as VR - BUG

When encoding a ProRes QT to an H264 MP4, AME will sometimes incorrectly interpret the file as VR, which completely messes it up.

For some reason, the resulting file looks distorted when viewed with some apps (eg: VLC and PotPlayer on Win10), but it looks normal in others (eg: when viewed on Dropbox.com)

The fix is seemingly to check and uncheck "Video is VR" under the Video export settings. I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this issue?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Overwrite image sequences is actually impossible

I would like to be able to overwrite a sequence of images. Actually, it is not possible: AME creates a new sequence each time with a ~$ prefix in its name.

Thank you !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Wrong words in Swedish version

I noticed that you use the wrong words in the Swedish version of Media Encoder. Files that are waiting to be transcoded are marked with "Färdig", and files that have been transcoded are marked with "Klar". Well, in Swedish - those two words mean the same thing: "Finished" or "Done". You can use "Färdig" as a word to describe that something is "ready", but in this case the usage is unfortunate as it can be interpreted wrongly. It would be better to use "Väntar" (Waiting), as they signify that the files are waiting to be encoded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Audio passthrough when making mp4 files

Allow audio passthrough when making mp4 files. I'm using mp4 export to create very small proxies for multiple editors who are working from home and I can't use Media Encoder because some source footage has 4 channel audio and Media Encoder won't allow mp4 exports with 4 channel audio. I've been using Apple's Compressor when I come across this problem. Apple's Compressor allows audio passthrough for mp4 files. It's also a problem when drone footage has no audio, I would have to apply a custom preset with no audio while doing batches and this would be cumbersome so I'm using…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I want you to add a function to specify the behavior such as sleeping or shutdown after rendering is completed.

I want you to add a function to specify the behavior such as sleeping or shutdown after rendering is completed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add "duplicate" source menu item when stitching

Nowadays, when I'm rendering small animation loops, I use Media Encoder to generate a bigger loop (10-15s from 2s clips), to be used in social media.

I'd find it VERY practical to have a simple cmd/ctrl-D to duplicate an existing asset, and not having to drag and drop on the stitch button or in the stitch source panel.

I could even create a stitching preset with intro/outro and drag and drop items…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. mpeg 2 (VOB) 16:9 files that are stretched to fill a 4:3 frame are cropped by Media Encoder and PP when imported. Bug?

Footage contained on DVDs and encoded with a VOB extension isn't displayed correctly in Media Encoder or PP (The stretched image is cropped on import). Therefore I cannot convert the VOB files to a more regular codec like mp4 for use in my editing projects. I use third party app VLC instead.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. IDEA for VST: one central place to tell all adobe programs where to look for Third Party VST Plugins.

It would be great to have ONE PLACE where I can fill in directories to look for VST Plugins for all adobe programs that use them.
    Now I have to do this separate in Premiere / After Effects / Audition...
    And Media Encoder does not see my third party vst plugins. :-(

The bug is that Media Encoder is NOT RENDERING MY VST plugins.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG: Third party VST plugins are not rendered in Media Encoder

BUG: Third party VST plugins are not rendered in Media Encoder
    In premiere pro this works normal.

(This bug had been there before, but it was solved.
    Not solved anymore.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base