Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Changing encoding settings for multiple outputs

When changing the encoding settings for multiple outputs, AME always asks for me to confirm that I want to do this. The pop up really needs a "never ask me again" option, so I'm never asked again. I nearly always adjust he output settings of multiple items, and do not want to be asked for confirmation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. After Effects to Media Encoder Bug: Not Rendering All Frames

When my friend exported her animation into the Media Encoder, it doesn't render all frames of the pre-composed animation.

After you close After Effects and Media Encoder, and open After Effects again, the program adapts to what Media Encoder saw, and also doesn't see the frame, as it did before.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When exporting from Premiere in Media Encoder, Ae comps that were brought in via dynamic link show "offline" in export

I had several videos I edited in Pr, but exported via Me today that exported with the "offline media" tile. I edited the video in Pr, but I brought in Ae comps to Pr using dynamic link. While editing, they were online, but when I exported via Me, the final file shows "Offline" for those Ae comps. This has been my workflow for years (for simple Ae comps at least), just updated this morning to the 2022 versions of CC and it didn't work. I did try to export in Pr, but it didn't work when I had the Ae…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow media encoder to add custom prefix/suffix to output file

Specifically allow media encoder to add either custom text or source file name as a prefix/suffix to the output file. In my work my After Effects project are given job numbers and the output file also must be named with the same job number to keep track of files.

We have also created templates to ease with production, currently our output comps simply start with "XXXXX" and we do a batch rename after rendering is complete. But with custom prefixes/suffixes we wouldn't have a need for that step.

This could be added as an option to encoding presets or to…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add all settings for Animated GIF

Animatied GIF can embed timing, looping and color palette information, but AME does not give these options.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We needs that app in android

We needs that app in android

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Importing is much, much slower than all other transcoding apps

9 very ordinary .mp4 files. Importing into AME 2022 (or the latest Beta) both take over 3 mins (I cancelled it after waiting that long and just used Wondershare UniConverter, which took about 10 seconds)

How on earth is it this slow? These are bog standard typical files from Sony a7s3! Mad

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. AI to detect missing Footages

Finding a missing footage while rendering via seraching with its metadata in file system / file tree system in all drives. match the data let it render than missing footage error.
    Solution may be..
    1) get all drives files location and name
    2) if name match then match metadata
    3) then boom !
    It will work in automation and work relative ai path system with metadata in mind. Please work on that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. MOGRT graphics extremely slow to render - AME 2022

I have a MORGT file that I downloaded from MixKit:

https://mixkit.co/free-premiere-pro-templates/hand-cursor-clicking-on-youtube-buttons-301/

I have used this extensively in the past without issue. But in Premiere 22, it doesn't render quickly in the Adobe Media Encoder. As an example, I added the above MOGRT to a blank sequence and rendered it in Premiere. This took about 6 seconds.

When I render the same 10 second sequence in Adobe Media Encoder (AME), I takes 10 minutes just to get through the first 10 frames. It is rendering. It's just painfully slow and I usually cancel.

Obviously the workaround is to use Premiere to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug: Adobe Media Encoder is shifting color when rendering to h264 codec MP4

After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder 2020 are rendering h264 codec MP4s too bright. The colors are washed out slightly and what I'm assuming is a gamma shift. I'm using Windows 10, After Effects v17.1.4, Adobe Media Encoder v14.4, and Nvidia driver 451.77.

This issue does not exist on After Effects 2019 and Adobe Media Encoder 2019. The MP4s look as you would expect, using identical settings for export.

One additional finding was that using After Codecs plugin, I'm able to export an MP4 using the x264 codec and the colors are correct. That is also using AE and AME…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Randomly stuck in the middle of rendering

My job requires me to export big batches (few dozens or even hundreds of short videos) on a regular basis and Media Encoder just isn't reliable enough for this task. When I leave work with ME rendering thinking next morning everything's going to be waiting nicely in the export folder, but nope. Chances are the progress bar got stuck and the only fix is to restart the computer (if I stop the queue and restart it, it simply won't even load). I've been having this problem for YEARS, it used to be just a minor disturbance but recently out of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Encode at 1/2 or 1/4th resolution preset keeping aspect ratio.

I have a massive number of files I need to render out from AE at 1/2 res and they all are different resolutions and aspect ratios. I've seen others acting for this feature from back in 2016. How the heck has this not been implemented?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG! Native M1 Media Encoder - Video Glitches, black bars, damaged files

After updating to version 15.4 all rendered videos are damaged. There are either glitches, black horisontal bars or the file complete damaged. There is no way to render video on Apple Silicon in any format (H264,H265,PRORES...). Intel version running via Rosetta works fine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Following the render queue order

Have the render que actually follow the order of placement.
    Right now I have some videos being transcoded from a hot folder. But I have a video I need to convert first to another format than what my hot folders are set up for. I added that file to the que, set it's render options, and then moved it just under the active hotfolder render. However, despite the order it was placed in, the video was skipped.

Why would the render que ignore the order? If the order of the items in the cue isn't enforced could we at least…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When Ae starts AME, Queue is hidden

I would like AME to always show the Queue when Ae Queues a Comp in AME.

In most cases it shows an empty Wath Folders Panel, even when no Watch Folders are defined.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Big bug with Media Encoder!! Same timeline but different output from Premiere Pro and Media Encoder.

Found a very severe bug today, the video render out from media encoder and premiere pro is different(the audio) Please repair it asap please!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Estimated File size on all exports

Show estimated file size on all exports and all presets. Even if it's off it's still an idea of how large the file will be.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base