Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Errors and crashes when rendering with Media Encoder

Hi.
    First: Exporting my clip directly from Premiere Pro works.
    But using Media Encoder causes crashes and a strange error within the clip (see attachments). The insert was cut on the upper side (1st pic, 2nd pic shows, how it should be)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Errors and crashes when rendering with Media Encoder

Hi.
    First: Exporting my clip directly from Premiere Pro works.
    But using Media Encoder causes crashes and a strange error within the clip (see attachments). The insert was cut on the upper side (1st pic, 2nd pic shows, how it should be)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Error code: -1609629695 - again and again...

since this morning...

Export Error
    Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: H.264
    Writing to file: \?\F:\PROJECTS\1030\CAPTIONS\OC.mp4
    Writing file type: H264
    Around timecode: 00:03:39:04 - 00:03:40:16
    Rendering at offset: 219,160 seconds
    Component: H.264 of type Exporter
    Selector: 9
    Error code: -1609629695

why does it happen? why not before? the workstation hasnt changed in its configuration. There only have been adobe updates.

changing renderer, removing preview files and "turning it on and off again" wont fix the problem. There needs to be a fix for this problem

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow same file output location settings as in Lightroom

In Lightroom export I can set "Same folder as original file" and put custom named subfolder there. It would be awesome to include this settings in presets. Since I export a lot of videos, I have to manualy set all of the outputs into "/Renders" folder, not in "/CompName_AME" folder and in settings I can only set fixed location, which is not based on project location.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. prevent sleep while encoding

Frequently AME suspends encode jobs when Windows locks & turns off the monitor in the power saving scheme. Would it be possible to allow AME to continue processing encode jobs as a system job in the background so the encoding can continue even during a screen timeout?
    Furthermore, it would be great to have an option in the preferences or Encode options to allow AME/Premiere Pro to prevent machines from sleeping while an encode job/batch is processing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. High VRAM usage in Media Encoder causing failure

I am posting this in a different category, just in case.
    I am noticing 1-2 GB higher VRAM usage when encoding Premiere Pro sequences in Media Encoder than directly in Premiere. So much so, that I must run ME by itself to avoid VRAM-related render failures.

For example, in order to reliably render my documentary in ME, I have to make sure to quit Premiere first before starting my render queue. But then, I am rendering out three different file formats of this show. After the first one completes successfully, and is between renders VRAM usage stays high. Then, when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. LUT name is not displaying properly in saved encoding preset

Problem: I create a media encoder encoding preset. I go to the effects tab in the presets settings window and turn on the checkbox for the Lumetri Look/LUT option - I then select a custom LUT in Lumetri Look/LUT drop down. When I save this preset into the preset brower and go back into the settings for this saved preset - the Lumetri Look/LUT option is still checked but it says "NONE" under the applied dropdown. This is a bug as the LUT is enabled which you can tell if you turn on and off the checkbox - the LUT…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please provide correct estimated rendering time when audio normalization is enabled

Estimated rendering time goes way off when you select some audio processing - like EBU128 normalization. It can show you hours, when in reality it might take 20 minutes. And then, when rendering video after audio is done it can show you that 4 minutes left, when in reality it will take 35 minutes. Everything ok is when you don't use audio normalization, estimation is around accurate.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Performance Optimization (eGPU) AND Better Queue Information Management

Hello All,

Let me start off by saying if I can avoid using ME, I usually do. I am not a fan as it is seems so much slower than rendering out of AE or exporting from Premiere but I have to keep working so I need to be able to render in the background. I believe it should be the exact opposite though - ME should be a turbocharged fire-breathing monster that takes render tasks away from the other apps so we can keep working on creative...but it should be FASTER. I do have the renderer on "GPU Acceleration…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug: Media Encoder queue won't process audio effects but Premiere export will

This appeared to be a bug and a rather frustrating one to work out.

Exporting a sequence from Premiere 14.9 would result in audio effects (applied in audio track mixer) being rendered out properly, but when the sequence was sent to a queue in Media Encoder 14.1, the audio effects weren't applied.

I couldn't figure this out initially and had to re-render my hours worth of material via manually exporting from the export window.

After speaking to someone on the Australian AVPUG on facebook, they explained that it can happen if there's a mismatch between versions, and indeed there was. …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug: Timecode for .scc caption file is offset by 35 to 45 seconds

When generating an .scc sidecar caption file, the timecode is always off by 30 to 45 seconds. We used AME to send a student newscast to air on a local TV station and the timecode has been consistently off. This year, they could accept embedded caption streams. There was no offset for the embedded stream.

I've attached a file showing the timecode offset from an original file with captions embedded and an AME processed .scc file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. VRAM Memory Leak With Media Encoder + January Nvidia Studio Driver 461.40

There is a bug that results in VRAM build up when Media Encoder is running but not doing anything. I have an RTX 3090 and sometimes it'll build up to 18GB when the program is just idle. This doesn't occur with the previous Studio Driver.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. selector 9 error 3 when using 4K H625 GoPro footage

AME starting from 14.5 till 15.0 beta failes when exporting.

Short description:

Source Material is mainly 4k and above from GoPro Hero 7-9.

This appears only when using Hardware encoding (NVIDIA lastest Studia driver).
    Software encoding works but is due to the unacceptable Runtime not an Option.

Exporting the same project again the error is at a different timestamp.

The error appears always between 2 Clips.

unchecking the following setting in AME "Import sequences natively" allows me to export succesful but the runtime is longer, however not as long as with software encoding..
    Checking the above item produces the error…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix the hot pile of garbage that is Media Encoder

After exporting a batch with identical settings, and having one item fail & the others print successfully, I spent considerable time troubleshooting. I was given error code 7, and after lots of research, the only viable answer I found was 'roll it back to 2019'. This is not a fix. I decided to restart the program- that was a bad idea. It kept encountering an unexpected error, and quitting during launch.

I have spent the last 8 hours trying to get media encoder to open. It was getting stuck trying to load a premiere plugin from a non-existent folder within…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG - Multiple Outputs from Single Source File Fails / Is Inconsistent

Trying to export two versions / sizes to H264 MP4 from a source 1080p ProRes file. I'm using CUDA accelerated Mercury Playback Engine. AME behavior is inconsistent. First attempt resulted in one of the two desired outputs being completed successfully, with the second output failing without an error.

Tried switching to CPU Mercury Playback Engine, re-added file to the queue, set desired outputs, but this time both output files failed to render. No error, just failed.

I switched back to CUDA accelerated, re-added file/outputs, and this time both files output successfully.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, with an AMD Threadripper…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add transition types to clip stitching workflow using Adobe Media Encoder

Allow for configuration of transitions (dip to black, crossfade, etc.) when stitching clips together using Adobe Media Encoder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Webm - Fails on last frame

Fnord's webm all working until the last frame. Force close Media Encoder may leave you with a working file but annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve proxy setting - H.264 with PCm audio channel type, not just AAC only.

Improve proxy setting - H.264 with PCm audio channel type, not just AAC only. Proxy failture attach, cause audio channel type.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow media encoder to add custom prefix/suffix to output file

Specifically allow media encoder to add either custom text or source file name as a prefix/suffix to the output file. In my work my After Effects project are given job numbers and the output file also must be named with the same job number to keep track of files.

We have also created templates to ease with production, currently our output comps simply start with "XXXXX" and we do a batch rename after rendering is complete. But with custom prefixes/suffixes we wouldn't have a need for that step.

This could be added as an option to encoding presets or to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)