Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: third party VST audio plugins are bypassed when rendering videos from Premiere Pro

After upgrading Creative Cloud to 2021.
    VST plugins are bypassed when rendering videos from Premiere Pro. However, if exported directly from Premiere Pro, VST effects are applied, no problem.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. NVidia GPU decoding chip, instead it is using CPU

Recent version 15.4 isn't using a GPU decoder chip, instead, it is using a CPU...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow media encoder to add custom prefix/suffix to output file

Specifically allow media encoder to add either custom text or source file name as a prefix/suffix to the output file. In my work my After Effects project are given job numbers and the output file also must be named with the same job number to keep track of files.

We have also created templates to ease with production, currently our output comps simply start with "XXXXX" and we do a batch rename after rendering is complete. But with custom prefixes/suffixes we wouldn't have a need for that step.

This could be added as an option to encoding presets or to…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow the user to set options for after the encoding queue is complete (restart, shutdown, sleep, close Media Encoder, etc.)

Considering how long rendering/encoding/conversions can sometimes take, it'd be fantastic to allow the user to set an option for what happens after the queue is complete.
    There should be no need to have your computer running all night when Media Encoder finishes the queue two hours after you call it a night.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG! Native M1 Media Encoder - Video Glitches, black bars, damaged files

After updating to version 15.4 all rendered videos are damaged. There are either glitches, black horisontal bars or the file complete damaged. There is no way to render video on Apple Silicon in any format (H264,H265,PRORES...). Intel version running via Rosetta works fine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug: Adobe Media Encoder is shifting color when rendering to h264 codec MP4

After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder 2020 are rendering h264 codec MP4s too bright. The colors are washed out slightly and what I'm assuming is a gamma shift. I'm using Windows 10, After Effects v17.1.4, Adobe Media Encoder v14.4, and Nvidia driver 451.77.

This issue does not exist on After Effects 2019 and Adobe Media Encoder 2019. The MP4s look as you would expect, using identical settings for export.

One additional finding was that using After Codecs plugin, I'm able to export an MP4 using the x264 codec and the colors are correct. That is also using AE and AME…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Avoid YouTube, Vimeo processing any video exporting/processing the same way they do

Adobe partnership with Big video platforms: YouTube, Vimeo...

It can be game changer if Adobe talks with all the big video platforms to understand how they process the videos. So we can export with the same codec settings they use updated. We will be able to upload the video in any of this platform and will nott need to process it again. It will be ready for all the resolutions automatically.

For example, YouTube will give the processing workflow how they work and Adobe will implement in their software. Videos can be certificated that they were processed with the YouTube…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Download of Legacy codec and Features

I'm editing a feature documentary, and many of the archives are made of old DV footage. Unfortunately I can't import any of the material either directly into premiere or into ME to convert into a supported format. Adobe should have kept the codec at least for media encoder. I can't imagine the amount of editors around the world who've had similar frustration and with the monthly subscription service as it is, a creative cloud user, shouldn't have to turn to or pay for additional 3rd party support for a feature that was a part of the older editions. It's absurd…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Automatic subtitles from Audio transcrip

Hi all,

I´m testing the Speech to text capability in Premiere 2021 and it works really fine.I was thinking in something similar to a hotfolder were you place the video files and a return folder with the subtitle file (somethink similar to a media encoder hotfolder where you define the profile to be applied to each folder and the return dessired).

Thanks in advance

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Estimated File size on all exports

Show estimated file size on all exports and all presets. Even if it's off it's still an idea of how large the file will be.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hola, Adobe Media Encore dejó de funcionar hace una semana

No reconoce ningún video y al exportar secuencias desde After Effects no aparece ningún archivo en cola, ya actualice ambos programas y nada. gracias por su solución

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Companion app

How about a companion app for the phone that syncs to your encoder so i can keep an eye on the progress of files & their encoding? It would help me not stay at the office waiting when i could be outside while renders are chigging along.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. After Effects + .json source text sometimes ignored via Media Encoder?

I'm doing lots of source text changes (via essential propeties) in precomposed text layers using external Json files to change the text. In the majority of these cases everything works fine and I've done over 2000 of these renders this way.

But every once in a while the text layer ignores the json file and just used the default text inside the text pre-comp even through it's all connected with expressions correctly.

This is a consistent issue across multiple versions of After Effects, Media encoder and on both Mac and PC. From 2019, 2020, 2021 and the new beta.

As…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The export in H264 50i is now only available in "CPU ONLY" mode ...

It's incredible how the evolutions and updates reduce the capacities and performances of this application which is so useful, necessary and important...

Since a few versions, the updates modify the capacities of settings and configurations of the exports in a very restrictive way, not to say aggressive.
    Now it's the top: if you want to export H264 in 50i, you can only do it in "CPU only" mode...
    It's the last straw when you realize that the CPU is only used at less than 50% of its potential.

Efficiency and performance do not seem to be your leitmotiv anymore... You…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Deinterlacing - AME Exporting Only Upper Field

If you try to take an interlaced video and deinterlace it with AME (i.e. choose progressive instead of upper field), it exports only the upper field. It would helpful if you could toggle between upper field only, blending, motion compensation, etc.

I've tried with both ProRes SQ .mov and XDCAM .mxf.

Special image to check fields being used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AV1 Encoder Support

Implement next generation (royalty free) encoder from AV1 within Adobe Media Encoder. Several implementations are out, however it would be great if CC 2020 would make it more user-friendly in their AME GUI. Moreover, an adoption of the AVIF format for digital picture media across their other solutions would be welcomed as well.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add GIF output controls similar to Photoshop's Save for Web (Legacy) function

Currently Media Encoder outputs gifs, but doesn't include any meaningful controls over its size, bitrate or color depth. Because of this, I (and I assume most others as well) don't use Media Encoder's gif export at all and instead bring videos into Photoshop to create gifs.

Please add more controls over gif output in Media Encoder and Premiere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG: Encoding to MP4 H264 with AAC audio results in the audio being moves about 1088 samples earlier. This is in version 15.4

Encoding to MP4 H264 with AAC audio results in the audio being moves about 1088 samples earlier. This is in version 15.4.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. email batch notification

It would be nice if the app could send an email to a specified address once processing finishes

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base