Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG!!! Prores limited to 60fps in Media Encoder 2020

Prores is limited to 60fps in Media encoder 2020. Must be corrected ASAP.

16 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add QuickTime Reference file support again!

This was an absolutely superfast workflow for exporting from Avid.
    Really easy and time saving. Avid even still offers QuickTime reference export in version 2019.9.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: "Match Source" resizes video

When trying to encode a 4920x180 source into an MP4 using "Match Source" preset, it resizes the video down to 4096x180 (adding black bars on top and bottom). "Match Source" should respect the original size.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring back .mov support please

I agree that .mov is outdated, but it is still a very typical format that drops in from time to time. Support for old formats is really really usefull, one never knows when they pop up. And it's stressfull to have to jump to free softwares like handbrake to get the job done

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. AME 2020 fails on encoding 4K HEVC(H265), in AME 2019 it works fine

Today I repeatedly tried to encode a 4K HEVC(H265) file, and I got very quick fails with error code 7 (Out of Memory). Checked save locations, memory usage, disk cache, etc. Closed AME2020, reopened, etc.
    Then I reinstalled AME2019, and it worked like a charm.

So it's a new bug, I guess...

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option to render a specific file/queue at a specific time.

I would like to schedule the posting of files to social media at specific times.
    Add an option to render at a specific file at a specific time. or to start the queue at a specific time.
    I would like to schedule the posting of files to social media at specific times throughout the day and evening.
    I know that most social media have the ability to schedule a post to publish at a specific time. Can the AME access these parts of the APK? If not then can it just process the rendering of a file at a preset…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rotate and flip videos

it will be usefull to have the chance to rotate the videos, so you can do it faster, whitout the need of other adobe software

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Drastic Difference in Color Rendering from Premiere

There is a drastic color difference when exporting via AME, compared with exporting directly from Premiere. See attached photos. I literally changed nothing on the timeline, but it's handled completely differently. This has happened to me twice in the last month, both from h.264 clips and ProRes 422 clips with Lumetri effects.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Errors when attempting to upload to YouTube

I recently updated Media Encoder (14.0.4) from a previous version of Adobe Media Encoder 2020. I was using the YouTube Publish option in the Export Settings which was working fine in the previous version. After updating, I can no longer upload. I am logged in, and the channel is showing, but now there are no playlists showing anymore. The Playlists dropdown just shows "none". After encoding, the upload fails. When looking at the logs I see that there is a quotaExceeded error. However, I do know that my personal quota has not been exceeded. I have tried to sign out,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mobile App for Queue Monitoring

Having the ability to see the active queue and each files progress through a simple mobile app attached to your Adobe ID. Simple functionality like being able to pause, skip, or stop files along with push notifications for when a file is complete or if there are errors. Being able to monitor a long list of proxy files or work in tandem off-site with networked drives would be huge.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. MATCH SOURCE AUDIO BUTTON

Please make it an option to either bypass audio compression, or match the source file's number of tracks so that we don't need to adjust how many tracks for each individual file for larger projects. Take a page out of Apple's compressor for this please.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. HUGE MISTAKE!!! Gopro Prores limited to 60fps

For years I have been editing in Premiere Pro using Gopro Prores proxy file presets, and now I cannot create those proxy files for footage with 100 or 120fps as they are limited to 60fps since version 14. This is crazy! I cannot work with HEVC proxies as they are not so good and fluent. Please fix this ASAP, I don't know why you had to discontinue this in the first place?? Even Apple Prores is limited to 60fps. Please fix this, it totally disrupted my workflow..

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Saving the rendered part of a stopped render

I would appreciate if there would be a way to save the rendered part of a stopped render. I have been rendering for 12 hours now and the render suddenly frizzed, if it fails of stops (like it did before SEVERAL TIMES) I will lose all the rendered parts as well as many working hours!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Just let me render mp4s from AE again!

I shouldn't have to rely on a feature you clearly haven't finished, which is fine, developing isn't quick, but don't force me to use it when any amount QC would show this isn't a suitable workflow if time is against you
    Imagine a situation if you will
    On site, Client wants touch ups last minute, No problem just a bit of grading or slowing a fade or whatever.
    Imagine being the client and being told your update isn't ready and hasn't even STARTED because the only way to render properly from AE is to use your poxy Dynamic Link Server…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. after codecs

When I use the third-party plug-in After Codecs, Media Encoder starts transcoding all clips at the same same time and crashes the job. I've reached out to After Codecs as well.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please ADD Pro res 422 120fps :)

this used to be a feature in older versions. what. happened.......

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug - Media Encoder not rendering track matte's from After Effects... Still.

Media encoder is still ignoring track mattes setup in AE. When rendering, rendering said file with a track matte results in a cropped square instead of the required shape (in this case a circle). I've been seeing discussions of this issue since 2014. Doubling up on renders just to get around this bug is an appalling workflow bug. Rendering to Media Encoder continues to be unreliable.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Drag clips from sequence into media encoder

Currently there is no way to export individual clips from a Premiere Pro sequence while keeping any changes/effects that were made in the Effects Control panel window.

It would be great to simply drag and select all of the clips in a premiere pro sequence, then drag them into Media Encoder, or open them in Media encoder so that they all show up as individual clips to export.

This would be a great way to batch export clips WITH effects and changes for social media re-purposing, after using the new ReFrame feature in Premiere Pro. (from going from 16:9 Horizontal…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Batch Destination/Naming Settings

Very frustrating that it isn't possible to change the export folder/filenames in bulk.

Compressor has done this well for years, with the ability to create presets for common destinations and file naming structures.

Something like that would be super useful.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base