Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically remove AME folder after render

Automatically remove AME folder after render

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add command line control

I would love if you guys could add some sort of way to use AME through a command line. This way I can create an automated script to convert an entire set of movies or video to a new format to reduce file size. A way to do this would be great thx.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. droplet

I would be awesome to have the ability to create Droplets like FCP Compressor used to do.
    Just a icon where you drop a file and automate the process to do the encoding process that you choose when you create the droplet!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Apply in&out points to multiple clips

Add a "trim" option to presets, with 2 horizontal radio buttons for "Trim by" and "Exact timecode", followed by in and out fields.

One is relative, the other is absolute.
    If the trims are impossible, render will flag a warning (or fail) with the appropriate message (e.g. "Trim values exceed the clip's duration.")

(PS While we're at it, add scaling options to presets, too.)

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. P2 File names kept on import

(Note I posted this in the Premiere forum as well, but am posting here since AME is part of the process and may be responsible for the issue)

This has been a bug since 2016 I think. The P2 camera I use has custom names for each clip. Nothing outlandish, just the camera operator's name and successive numbers. When importing via the "import" checkbox in Media Browser (the operation that launches AME and copies the contents of my card to the drive I want to use) the filenames get changed back to the Panasonic random clip name.MXF. Would be fantastic…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make interpretation settings part of the custom presets

I frequently have to batch render a huge number of files to a different frame rate.
    The only way to do this is:
    1) drag & drop the files (slow).
    2) Then select them all and right-click to reinterpret the files. (SLOW)
    3) hange the frame rate (it’s is always defaulted to 1 fps??? Why doesn’t it at least remember what I last changed things to?)
    4) Click ok …and wait for AME to make the changes (SLOOOOOWWWW!)
    5) And then hit save (just in case something happens) and then hit render.
    Allowing the interpretation settings to be part of…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Contextual Menu (right-Click) REPLACE all in queue with this setting

If I have many files i want converted, the default is to use the last setting applied.
    That’s okay as long as you remember to drag and drop one file first if you want a change.
    But you should be able top right click a setting and have it REPLACE the settings in the list rather than add another render setting.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base