Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Media Encoder will not generate drop frame timecode.

1. If creating a preset from scratch, it is possible to "Set Start Timecode" to a DF (e.g. 01;00;0;00)...HOWEVER the output file will be NON drop frame starting at 00;59;56;11
    2. A preset with DF "Set Start Timecode" of 01:00;00;00 will immediately be changed to NDF timecode starting at 00:59:56:12 when applied to source clip in queue, and can not be changed to DF 01;00;00;00 once applied.
    3. In Preferences>Media, "Indeterminate Media Timebase" is always set to 29.97 Drop-Frame

I have tried several versions of Media Encoder:
    12.1.2 in Mac OSX 10.11.6
    13.0.1 in Mac OSX 10.13.6

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let us batch change render settings, please!

Adobe media encoder sorely need the ability to batch change render setting presets on all videos selected.
    Example: Let's say I want to render 100 video from After Effects and send them to AME, then it chooses the last used render setting by default when loaded into AME. If I want to change I have to manually (!) add new render settings/preset to Every single of the 100 videos and then manually (!) delete the previous setting so I don't render each video two times. Also it automatically makes new names for the new video setting I added so I…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Timecode reset

I have a problem importing media to Premiere using Media Encoder.
    Sometimes, when I finish importing, the camera's original timecode is reseted to 0:00. The strange thing is that it doesn't always reset, and I can't find the factor that determines this. I always use the same preset (MXF XDCAM)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ability to encode video from variable to constant fps!

Handbreak can do this, so why can't the best video encoder on the market do it yet?

Ability to convert a variable framerate video to a constant framerate video

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug: Lumetri LUTs not available for creating Presets

When creating an Encoding preset, not all the installed LUTs, that show in PP, appear in the Lumetri Look / LUT dropdown. Further, I have been unable to import 3rd party Panasonic LUTS using the "Select" option in the dropdown. Apparently, the only compatible LUTs are in a legacy .ITX format? As a result, I am unable to apply a simple V-Log-to-Rec709 LUT to dailies footage that I want to transcode for client use, nor am I able to add such LUTs when creating proxy files. None of the supplied LUTs appear to have been designed as technical LUTs to…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG REPORT: Timecode Overlay is Incorrect

Media Encoder v13.1
    Mac OS 10.12.6
    MacPro6,1

Source file wrapper: Quicktime
    Source file codec: Avid DNxHD 115
    FPS: 24 (not 23.98)
    Start TC: 05:05:24:03

Exporting to mp4/h264 using the Timecode Overlay pointing at the Media File for TC Source, and it's generating an huge offset.

Export Start TC Overlay (incorrect): 05:05:05:20

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Copy to folder in the Publish Tab

Please consider adding a "Copy to Folder/Network Folder" option under the Publish Tab in a preset. This will enable processing and maintaining a the encoded file locally while placing a copy of it into another folder elsewhere, specifically on a network for delivery to another department.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let us set a maximum file size for best render compression

It'd be great to just set the desired output file size, and have AME do the best compression it can for that specific size. Thanks.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please, is there a way to insert a "match source" button for audio?

It takes so much time to check every single file to convert with the correct audio channel/ tracks. It would be great for people who work with a massive amount of files.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add more up-to-date presets for Premiere and Premiere Elements

Premiere Elements is a nice and working simple solution for getting your media "out the door", so why is it that even the most recent version of Premiere Elements does not have more updated presets? It's 2019 and there are still no presets for, for example, GoPro standard settings like 100 and 200 FPS, Linear, Wide, and Superview, 2.7K and 4K, and so on? It seems very odd to me.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. how do upload older media encoder berfore MAY upgrade?? URGERNT

I cant get Media Encoder to work and not put this error that I have NO IDEA what it means. All I know is that FOX NETWORK cannot accept my encodes since this last upgrade and I have been using the encoder preset for at least 6 years HELP!!! URGENT!!!!

05/06/2019 06:54:37 PM : Queue Started

- Source File: C:\Users\SHANNO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ITB19006MASTERS_THE TUNA MAGIC HOUR_DISCOVERY.prproj
    - Output File: X:\Projects\INTO THE BLUE\ITB 2019 MASTER\ITB19004 - KEY WEST GULF\ITB19006_THE TUNA MAGIC HOUR_FOX-.mxf
    - Preset Used: FOX SUNSPORTS- embed cc in output
    - Video: 1280x720 (1.0), 59.94 fps, Progressive, 00;23;25;38
    - Audio: 48000 Hz, 8…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Rewrap .MTS files from AVCHD into .MOV

Rewrap .MTS files from AVCHD into .MOV
    AVCHD files contain h.264 codec. The Panasonic I record with uses a .MTS extension for the file within the AVCHD container. I would like to be able to re-wrap the .MTS files into something like a Quicktime container without transcoding them. It must be possible, EditReady can re-wrap them but Media Encoder tells me the same file, "The source file's video stream is not compatible with this preset."

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG: JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a exports with 1px black bar

1. Exporting clip from AfterEffects (via AME) to JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a
    2. Importing the clip into PremierePro
    3. Exporting from PremierePro via: File>Export>Media to H264 (YouTube 1080p Full HD preset)
    4. 1px black bar appears on the top of the video clip

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Burn in metadata (eg FPS, codec, frame size)

In effects tab I can burn in timecode & clip name. Be useful to be able to burn in other metadata too.

Could be added to clip name prefix/suffix in a similar way that Resolve works (eg %fps will insert the FPS for a clip

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug with Name Overlay: Source File Name (Without Extension)

As of March 4, 2019.

Bug with Name Overlay when "Source File Name (Without Extension)" is selected.

Export works fine in Pr, but once queued to Media Encoder, it exports with the entire source file name even when "Source File Name (Without Extension)" is selected as the format.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug: Twitter 1080p Full HD preset

The Twitter 1080p Full HD preset Output is set to 1920 x 1080, but the resulting .mp4 is 1520 x 832.

Tested on multiple files.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Preset cropping issue in Media Encoder 13.0 (Build 203)

Cropping function does not work. The right and bottom value does not hold when a preset is created.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Carry over all Custom LUTs from Premiere to Media Encoder

Have Media Encoder see when custom LUTs are being used in a project and either A) Automatically import them into ME from Premiere or B) Provide a warning that an unavailable Custom LUT is being used and then provide instructions to fix - i.e. copy custom LUTs from PP folder to ME LUT folder.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Let us set a maximum file size for best render compression

It'd be great to just set the desired output file size, and have AME do the best compression it can for that specific size. Thanks.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SFTP upload from export settings

It's long past time SFTP was supported through the publish preset settings. More and more servers are turning off unencrypted FTP access.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base