Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Generating timecode

In the effects section it is not possible to choose 23,976 fps with the option generate timecode. Is it a bug or a feature? :-)

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Media Encoder reduces CBR on software mode

When encoding in software mode at 40 Mbit/s CBR, the encoder roughly halves that number (20,3 Mbit/s) even though it should be set to 40 Mbit/s.
    When doing the same thing using the hardware encoder, the bitrate is a solid 40 Mbit/s.
    This seems like a significant bug, particularly when encoding 4K video, since the hardware encoder can't handle bitrates above 60 Mbits/s.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow custom fps for H264 videos

for some reason H264 in AME is not able to spit out 16fps...Is there any good reason that it's not possible to have this limitation. We do online games and play out simulations and animation to preview as H264 videos, but have to render them with 15fps which is inaccurate and can cause problems.

Let's set the fps setting free to accept any custom fps!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an option to rotate on export

It would save time making precomps and rotating in new comp

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Media Encoder v13.0.1 Exporting gifs change all colours slightly. #FFFFFF changes to #FBFBFB

When I export my After Efects composition as a gif with Media Encoder, it alters all of the colours in my file. White (#FFFFFF) changes to an off white (#FBFBFB) this is not a colour calibration issue as when opened in other programs the colours can be eyedropped and are completely different. Exporting as a video keeps all of the original colours, only gifs cahnge.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. frame number adjustment when exporting image sequences

There is no possibility to define the numbering in exported image sequences. The number of digit, the starting number etc.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix render stalls!

Please make Media Encoder not jam up when the computer goes to sleep. I leave renders over night, and its very problematic when I come in in the morning to find that my renders stalled when my machine went to sleep. Please fix this!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don't preload plugins on launch, only when needed.

Please, please can we improve launch time by not preloading all of our AE/PPro plugins (I have hundreds) unless they are actually needed. It takes an age. I can actually boot my whole Mac faster than I can open MediaEncoder from the same M2SSD. Ridiculous. It make ME almost impractical to use due simply to the launch time.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adding an option to export animated GIF's in 60 fps.

Having to export things in 50 fps via the Animated GIF option gets close to perfect, but 60 fps is the dream option. GIF Sequence at 60 fps doesn't work for any of my project, as it works its way on 6 fps and puts the total time of the GIF to about 10x longer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG - XML sidecar files not created AME 2019

My goal is to create an XMP with the markers from the source sequences (generated from Premiere) for additional processing. But I can't get AME to generate the XMP sidecar files when I render files out.

If I select my preset, then select Metadata to bring up the Metadata Export dialog, I have the Export Options: Create Sidecar File selected, but I never get an XMP file created. Preservation Rules = Preserve All, Export Master Speech Track & Sequence Markers is checked, and Export Template = All Metadata. Verified in the app settings it's supposed to be doing this as…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When creating a sidecar caption file... time code is wrong

I have a program that is recorded on an XDCAM disc that has 608 captions embedded. When I go to create a sidecar file in AME to send to a local TV station, the time code is always off between 30 and 45 seconds.
    I have verified the time code on the embedded caption file is correct. Both files are 29.97 drop frame

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow to choose how many digit format for image sequence naming export

Allow user to type choose how many number digit format for the export sequence like in After Effect we can type out [####]

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Edit Default Length of Stitched Images (AME CC 2019)

Currently, there is no effective way to edit the length of imported images that you wish to stitch together. The default length is 5 seconds and the only way to 'modify' that is by using Export Settings > Effects > Time Tuner and altering the Target Duration or Duration Change (%). That's great and all... as long as you don't have to change the duration by more than 10%, which is the max.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiselect Sony MXF clips source settings only change the clip which you right click.

When you select multiple Sony MXF clips and change the source setting to S-log from rec 709 only the clip which you right click will change its source settings, all the other will stay at rec 709, seems like a bug to me.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. can't select a custom lut

in 12.1 (171), in the "effects" tab on the "export settings" window, when "lumetri look/lut" is checked, I can't choose "select" from the drop down menu. when I click it, nothing happens.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow me to adjust volume of chime when queue finishes

Just a simple thing, allow me to raise/lower volume of the chime that indicates the queue is finished.

I use headphones, and while the queue is going I'll jump back into working on a timeline, the clips usually are quiet because I haven't done an audio mix, so up the volume goes...and then the queue finishes and my ears get shot by the chime.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. crop does not work well

all my presets (or manual set) crop resets at bottom after ok and click modify setting again.. and again..

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When exporting to an image sequence from an AE comp, allow 1) custom start frame numbers and 2) getting frame numbers from the composition

Example: If I exported an image sequence 1000 frames long, but decided I wanted to replace frames 50-100. I could select those frames as my in In Point & Out Point and click a box that says "take frame numbers from composition" or something, then the exported image files would be called XXX0050 - XXX0100 automatically.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Monitor audio during encoding

It would be helpful to be able to monitor audio (either through speakers or a visible meter) during encoding. I find it very useful to catch editing issues in the Output Preview monitor, however I do sometimes still get caught out with audio problems. If there could be an option to preview the audio as well, that would be very useful.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Fade In/Out. Would help with Image Overlays.

Currently, Bug stays on while video fades up. I want both to fade in/out. Compressor has this feature. Why doesn't Encoder?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base