Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the user to set options for after the encoding queue is complete (restart, shutdown, sleep, close Media Encoder, etc.)

Considering how long rendering/encoding/conversions can sometimes take, it'd be fantastic to allow the user to set an option for what happens after the queue is complete.
    There should be no need to have your computer running all night when Media Encoder finishes the queue two hours after you call it a night.

17 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. De-Interlacing as setting in export dialogue

When you get an interlaced graphics file for tv and have to do an online version in progressive you need to transcode it with the best de-interlacing possible

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Errors when attempting to upload to YouTube

I recently updated Media Encoder (14.0.4) from a previous version of Adobe Media Encoder 2020. I was using the YouTube Publish option in the Export Settings which was working fine in the previous version. After updating, I can no longer upload. I am logged in, and the channel is showing, but now there are no playlists showing anymore. The Playlists dropdown just shows "none". After encoding, the upload fails. When looking at the logs I see that there is a quotaExceeded error. However, I do know that my personal quota has not been exceeded. I have tried to sign out,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ACES

Yes, very soon I hope to see some development about integrating ACES 2065-1 in Adobe Creative Cloud. PPpro, AE, Photoshop, AME, etc. It is a must for color management. Thank you

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding color Metadata tags to Rec 709 files

AME is not able to export Rec709 Color Metadata like the Color Primaries and Color matrix to exported files. These information are crucial for interpreting the footage correctly in a color managed workflow. Up till now, i am using Resolve (free!!) to burn that information into my files. Could you pleas add this functionality? that'd be great for professional workflows.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Launching Lightroom resets shared media cache location for Pr, Ae, Au and Me

Hi,
    By simply launching the latest Lightroom Classic (9.3), it will set the shared media caches locations for Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition and Media Encoder to the default Lightroom video cache location.

/Users/{USERNAME}/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Video

Even though Lightroom's own media cache location might be custom set to something else.

Running the latest app versions available on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Does this also mean that the rather small cache size limitations usually set in lightroom now apply to the video editing apps shared cache too? Will Lightroom also delete cache files from Pr, Ae, Au, Me ?

This bug has been reported…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. /documents prefs + iCloud sync now causes hard system crash

because Adobe stores your prefs in ~user/documents I noticed on multiple occasions my computer consistently crashes when encoding. After moving the prefs and symlinking the folder out of the iCloud sync location it has fixed the problem.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Import of image sequence .exr to clip is not using fps set in preferences, always import at 12.5 fps

Import of image sequence .exr to clip is not using fps set in preferences, always import at 12.5 fps and shows the wrong colors especially in 2019 version.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BUG: 2020 does not read 23.978 timecode

2020 cannot create TC Burn properly for 23.98 footage.

AME 2019 can. Same file. I have to use AME 2019 to make proxies and TC burn videos. Sad face.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add an option to rotate on export

It would save time making precomps and rotating in new comp

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow custom fps for H264 videos

for some reason H264 in AME is not able to spit out 16fps...Is there any good reason that it's not possible to have this limitation. We do online games and play out simulations and animation to preview as H264 videos, but have to render them with 15fps which is inaccurate and can cause problems.

Let's set the fps setting free to accept any custom fps!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Generating timecode

In the effects section it is not possible to choose 23,976 fps with the option generate timecode. Is it a bug or a feature? :-)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Media Encoder reduces CBR on software mode

When encoding in software mode at 40 Mbit/s CBR, the encoder roughly halves that number (20,3 Mbit/s) even though it should be set to 40 Mbit/s.
    When doing the same thing using the hardware encoder, the bitrate is a solid 40 Mbit/s.
    This seems like a significant bug, particularly when encoding 4K video, since the hardware encoder can't handle bitrates above 60 Mbits/s.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Media Encoder v13.0.1 Exporting gifs change all colours slightly. #FFFFFF changes to #FBFBFB

When I export my After Efects composition as a gif with Media Encoder, it alters all of the colours in my file. White (#FFFFFF) changes to an off white (#FBFBFB) this is not a colour calibration issue as when opened in other programs the colours can be eyedropped and are completely different. Exporting as a video keeps all of the original colours, only gifs cahnge.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. frame number adjustment when exporting image sequences

There is no possibility to define the numbering in exported image sequences. The number of digit, the starting number etc.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multiselect Sony MXF clips source settings only change the clip which you right click.

When you select multiple Sony MXF clips and change the source setting to S-log from rec 709 only the clip which you right click will change its source settings, all the other will stay at rec 709, seems like a bug to me.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix render stalls!

Please make Media Encoder not jam up when the computer goes to sleep. I leave renders over night, and its very problematic when I come in in the morning to find that my renders stalled when my machine went to sleep. Please fix this!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Don't preload plugins on launch, only when needed.

Please, please can we improve launch time by not preloading all of our AE/PPro plugins (I have hundreds) unless they are actually needed. It takes an age. I can actually boot my whole Mac faster than I can open MediaEncoder from the same M2SSD. Ridiculous. It make ME almost impractical to use due simply to the launch time.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adding an option to export animated GIF's in 60 fps.

Having to export things in 50 fps via the Animated GIF option gets close to perfect, but 60 fps is the dream option. GIF Sequence at 60 fps doesn't work for any of my project, as it works its way on 6 fps and puts the total time of the GIF to about 10x longer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Edit Default Length of Stitched Images (AME CC 2019)

Currently, there is no effective way to edit the length of imported images that you wish to stitch together. The default length is 5 seconds and the only way to 'modify' that is by using Export Settings > Effects > Time Tuner and altering the Target Duration or Duration Change (%). That's great and all... as long as you don't have to change the duration by more than 10%, which is the max.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base