Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Media encoder takes twice as long to encode a premier pro sequence than exporting it from premier pro directly

Adobe media encoder does not utilize my systems performance when encoding a premier pro sequence, thus taking a lot longer than it should.

When i export a sequence straight out of the premier pro software, the software utilizes all my recourses and takes about 45 mins to endode whereas AME takes 9 hours to encode that same sequence using about 20% CPU with spikes!

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Media Encoder faster!!!

Just make it faster. 22 h for a 6 min video is so so so so frustrating.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Media Encoder Performance vs Premiere Pro

Please improve Media Encoder performance. Rendering via Premiere Pro takes on a specific project 1 Hour. Exporting via Media Encoder takes 3 - 5 Hours. Please fix this. I have searched the internet and there are many people experiencing bad performance in AME compared to Premiere Pro.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make renders GPU Intensive

When rendering a queue, I check in Task Manager, CPU is on 100%, GPU around 0%!
    Many people have good VGA cards, while most of them own 7700, 8700 or 9700 at most, even having a few more CPU cores is not an advantage if compared to GPU based rendering.
    So why both Media Encoder & Premiere just use CPU to render/export rather than GPU?!
    In Media Encoder last version > Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine GPU... is selected by default, but no effect, am I doing anything wrong?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Your latest Premiere Pro update has "rendered" Media Encoder useless.

Renders that once took an hour now take (huh?) 66 hours. After your latest update of Premiere Pro (May 2019), media encoder takes forever to render.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Media Encoder crazy slow since CC2019

This is a general observation rather than a specific request, but ever since the CC2019, ME is really sluggish. Things that are now taking ages and/or just plain crashing:

- Opening the app
    - Dragging a mov in to the queue
    - Selecting the preset
    - Selecting the size
    - Unchecking the linked ratio box
    - Changing 1 pass to 2 pass
    - Selecting output location.

So yeah basically everything takes three times longer than it used to. What happened!?

(Windows 10, 32gig ram, Geforce 680M, no problems before update)

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export / encoding issue only solved by switching to 2 pass VBR. Never an issue before

Issue with exporting a vid file only resolved by switching to 2 pass VBR option. Never a problem before this week?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Encoding Audio Problem

I opened a short m2ts Bluray video to convert to h265 (HEVC) and see how it works!
    First problem was that the audio level was reduced so much!
    A video encoder must not change the audio in anyway if not explicitly set!
    Also I hope you use Fraunhofer for audio<MP3> encodings...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. NVENC and VCE

Could you add support for GPU Hardware transcoding technology? Nvidia's NVENC and AMD's VCE technology, either of these would literally allow export times of 4k video at 200Mbps to take as long as the video's length is, rather than succumbing us to literal HOURS of export times for videos that are less than 10 minutes.

I have combed over the user forums and some of Adobe staff claim that it isn't doable. Yet here is the SDK site for NVENC:
    https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk

This technology has been around since the Kepler era of Nvidia GPUs. Which was 7 years ago since the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We want better optimization for Multicore processores and cuda on Mac OS.

Rendering times on multicore xeon machines is slow.
    Media Encoder is using only 20% of machine processing capacity.

Also, cuda is not using the graphics card at all while rendering.
    And it's slower than using software only renderer.

Can you please optimize your rendering engine to utilize our new fast mac machines more.

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Simple idea to make Media Encoder feel faster

When I start Media Encoder from within After Effects it usually takes ages till Media Encoder even just shows the AE project. Why does it need every single detail from AE before even listing the name of the composition? Would it not be great to have AE just pass on the name and composition resolution at first. While the other stuff loads, the user can already enter a file name and tinker with the encoding settings. This seems very simple and would tremendously speed up my workflow. Thanks for your consideration. Til

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug in GPU utilization?

Don´t know if this is the right place for this feedback but when rendering from Adobe Media Encoder the GPU is showing 0% utilization. Did all the usual fixes/tricks but no change. Others experiencing the same issue - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2625909

Worked when exporting directly from Premiere (20 seconds) but when using Media Encoder and CUDA 30 minutes. Usually other way around.

Using a Razer Blade Advanced 2019 with a 2060.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Media Encoder hanging because of 100% CPU

Various threads on here about poor performance in Media Encoder. System Manager in Win10 1907 shows constantly 100% CPU with 88%>>95% consumed by AME.

See attached file. Some Devs in Adobe don't know how to code ...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Video limiter not working?!

Hi, we are a TV production firm using CC apps including Premiere, AE and ME in the most current versions on MacPros and an iMac Pro.
    In our most recent project we exported clips with a Broadcast safe limiter applied via export options in Premiere (rendering via Media Encoder, 103IRE, 3% before clipping), however QC rejected the files. Upon checking we found out that the limiter did not affect the output of the file at all.We tried all the available options, but neither of them did the job. What is going wrong here?!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adobe Media Encoder CC 2019 - Taking 180 Hours to Render (was 6 Hours before the upgrade)

AME CC 2019 is taking 180 hours to render, while the normal would be 6 hours. HOWEVER there is a CATCH: This slowness came while the computer was NOT being used - overnight, in screen saver/standby mode. When I came in the morning and started using it, the 'Remaining' info in AME started to drop dramatically. Now it is about 78 hours to finish, and dropping. Doing some calculations here, it might finish in the 6-7 hour estimate, as long as I don't let the computer alone, I'm assuming. IMPORTANT to note: I did the same thing yesterday, same video,…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Media Encoder randomly slows to a crawl during even simple renders.

Media Encoder slows to a crawl during renders. No idea what causes it -- it could render one AE Or PP project fine, then the next time it runs the same project it is so slow that it needs to be stopped. Restarting seems to fix it for a while.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Extremely Slow

I used to render H.264 out of AE, now I can no longer. So, I'm trying to embrace Media Encoder. It's soooOOO slow to startup, and then half the time the dynamic link doesn't seem to work. If this program is going to be forced onto AE users, I need more from it for me to not hate it.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When encoding with H.264, the sound shifts about 12 ms.

Regardless of resolution or frame rate, the sound will be shifted by about 12 ms.
    Even if you export from After Effects or convert mp4 directly, about 12 ms of sound will be misaligned.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix hardware rendering

In media encoder 2018 since applying latest updates to After Effects, on Windows 10, with preferences in AME CC 2018 set to
    renderer: Mercury Playback Engine (GPU Acceleration)
    when actually rendering it says "SOFTWARE only"

It takes ages and doesn't seem to be using GPU acceleration even though it's in the preferences for AME CC 2018.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?