Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mogrts processed as media offline in Premiere sequence when using Watch folder

I am trying to export a Premiere Pro sequence with mogrts using the Watch folder in Media Encoder. I've tried several solutions to get this to work, and the only way I have found it to work is if I place the mogrts in the root watch folder. This is a problem because the Media Encoder will recognize the mogrt files and process them in the queue, thus having them moved to the source folder once they have been exported.

Moving a project folder (e.g. PROJECT1) containing a Premiere project, raw material inside a subfolder (RAW) and the Motion Graphics…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: stereo audio mixdown stripping channels

If I provide AME with file that contains 4 channels of audio, when it exports it to H.264 with a stereo audio channel, it strips out channels 3 and 4 instead of mixing them down into channels 1 and 2 as expected. The help file for Media Encoder says "If you choose fewer channels than are in the master track of a sequence or project, Adobe Media Encoder downmixes the audio"

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ExtendScript: Get a callback or something similar from Adobe Media Encoder when rendering in done

app.project.renderQueue.queueInAME(true); transfers the project from After Effects to Media Encoder to encode.
    The render time may vary depending upon the complexity of the render. The function queueInAME( ) returns nothing back.
    There is no way of Extend Script to know when the render task is done.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Interpret footage while exporting in Media Encoder

Some people prefere to change framerates without interpolation, so that no frames get duplicated or deleted. It would be nice if Media Encoder could offer this feature like premiere does on import

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Drastic Difference in Color Rendering from Premiere

There is a drastic color difference when exporting via AME, compared with exporting directly from Premiere. See attached photos. I literally changed nothing on the timeline, but it's handled completely differently. This has happened to me twice in the last month, both from h.264 clips and ProRes 422 clips with Lumetri effects.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Media Encoder does not apply Lumetri Effects to render... please fix

Media Encoder does not apply Lumetri Effects to render... please fix

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Any time the Global FX are turned off in Premiere Pro, I want a warning before I encode the project.

Any time the Global FX are turned off in Premiere Pro, I want a warning before I encode the project.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Be able to eject Local Drives within Media encoder

Allow users to eject a local Drive within ME. For some reason if you aren't using a drive that you may have looked at with ME it won't let you eject it. Please fix this problem.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Help link not working

The Adobe Media encoder help (F1) link is not working. It's returning a 404 web page error.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix the LUT selection, PLEASE. Or make some sort of batch process for it.

Impossible to select a LUT in the dropdown menu of AME.
    Nor to install additional ones for that matter.
    (A quick look to the LUT folder it seems their own *.cube LUT don't show). Even if I convert my LUT to *.itx : it won't work.

I can't batch process a project lut --or any technical lut, within AME.
    So please, at least give us a workaround because it's making AME and watch-folders completely useless for my use.

I also see this problem has been raised several times over the years, and no fix in the horizon...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reset

A way to properly & totally remove the cache. I had a project and AME would NOT encode the latest version.

I went to AME, prefs, media and cleaned the cache, but I still had the same problem. I finally had to output in PP which gave me the correct version.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When I stitch two video files together and render as H.264, MP4 the audio is out of sync when the 2nd stitched video begins.

Audio is out of sync when stitching two videos together. The audio in the 2nd video is out of sync.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A simple rotate function would be great! Often we convert phone footage, ant it needs to be rotated 90 degrees.

Pretty simple. Adding some rotate function to the crop function would be really helpful....and easy I imagine

46 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Media Encoder not exporting audio effects

Media Encoder making lots of mistakes in latest version, especially in audio where it is not exporting anything on a submix bus. Reverb on a submix doens't work at all when exporting with Media Encoder.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Having the ability to add a fade up and down to/from black in a file.

It would save the time it would take running a file through my editing program just to add a fade in and out when no other edits are needed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Start frame number when exporting image sequence in AME

Start Frame number:
    When rendering an image sequence in AME, I need the option to control start frame number - as I have in AE. So that I can correct certain frames, and render them directly into my existing sequence.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Older Versions of Media Encoder to Be Installed

Adobe removed the ability to install older versions of Media Encoder. This is unacceptable, especially when businesses rely on features that were stripped from the newest release of Media Encoder. When our version bugged out and wouldn't pick up the license, I attempted to uninstall and reinstall, just to find out that there was no way to reinstall.

Please restore older version installations. I don't care about the Dolby being removed.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Purchase AME standalone

I have been trying AME and love it...but there's no way of buying this or subscribing as a standalone app/product!

I shouldn't need to subscribe to all video editing software just to get a license to use AME!

I'm happy to pay ...but not for software I won't use just to get AME.

If I want to buy a car air freshener....I don't buy a new car to get it ;)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG - Encoding fails on completion stage because of XMP

If I don't have at least double the amount of free space on a disk that would be required for encoding, encoding still proceeds until very end, but after reaching 100% it stops with VERY uninformative error:

"Could not write XMP data in output file."

Googling this proves that the issue existed for years, as there are many reports of this, with the user preferred solution of disabling XMP metadata export entirely, because this incredibly annoying issue wastes many hours and days of failed encoding.

Media Encoder 12.1.2

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adobe Prem 2019 Project, FAIL to import to Media Encoder CC2018

Created project in Adobe Prem 2019. Project Saved to NAS.
    Open Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018, drag and drop pr project - FAIL. Reason unknown.

Projects created in Adobe Prem 2018 do not suffer this fault. Please review.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base