Media Encoder crazy slow since CC2019
This is a general observation rather than a specific request, but ever since the CC2019, ME is really sluggish. Things that are now taking ages and/or just plain crashing:
- Opening the app
- Dragging a mov in to the queue
- Selecting the preset
- Selecting the size
- Unchecking the linked ratio box
- Changing 1 pass to 2 pass
- Selecting output location.
So yeah basically everything takes three times longer than it used to. What happened!?
(Windows 10, 32gig ram, Geforce 680M, no problems before update)
Windows 10 PC, Intel i7 8700, 16GB RAM. I was rendering one minute for every minute of video on AME, but now it goes from 3 to 16 hrs for a 5-20 minute video, what is going on?
This is what my CPU and GPU utilisation looks like -when it is not on a ~20% spike-, you can see it lays on an outstanding overclock of ZERO and ONE percentile.
No stability issues so far here, but only when I try to select h.264 codec or a h.264 preset thinks slow down dramatically. Than when I click on the preset in order to change some settings it is again working very slow whatever I click on the settings panel.
If I select any other format (and than any preset and setting) everythink works fast as supposed to. Playing around in the settings pannel also works fast.
The problem is only with h.264, which unfortunately is the one I use the most...
My config is: HP laptop, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 64 bit Win 10, NVIDIA GTX 960M
Agree 100% on this. Brand new MBP 15" i7, Radeon 560x, 16Gb ram. Opening up the app sometimes takes up to one minute. Closing it can take up to half a minute. IF the application doesn't crash before that. Also, exporting projects from AE to ME is a gamble. Sometimes instantly, sometimes five minute wait. For the same project, with nothing more open than the two key applications.
Also, why on earth does Media Encoder need to take up 3,8 GB disk space? No, that's actually a serious question. Grateful for answers.
I'm having the same issue. I have someone that I do videos for that are each about 45 minutes long. I have a 2010 MacBook Pro, and my average encoding time is about 3 1/2 hours. I just bought a new MacBook Pro, and when I started to encode my video with the same settings, it said 19 hours estimated. I figured it's just over estimating being everything is new and let it run. Four hours later it was only about 20% done with 14 hours estimated remaining.
I figured I'd sort things out later, and get the job done on the old machine, but I coulnd't open the project unless I upgraded my version of PP since that's what the new machine has. Go to encode on the 2010 machine and it's estimating 66 hours.
So after some research I ended up downgrading to the 2017 version of PP and Encoder on the new machine, and I had to create a new project file, but I really only have to do a bit of trimming on both ends of the raw video and make sure the audio is adjusted right. Started encoding and it was done in under 45 minutes.
I also noticed in PP, on the new machine, that when I would try to play the video, it would play about 10 seconds, then the video would freeze, but the audio would go a few more seconds, then all just freeze.
The old machine is a 2010 MacBook Pro with 16Gb of ram. New machine is MacBook Pro, 8Gb RAM. I know that's light on RAM, but keep in mind, same slow **** on the old machine with 16.
As a side note, I bought the new MacBook figuring I'd upgrade the RAM and hard drive, but I have now found out you can't do either anymore.