Media Encoder

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

The Adobe Media Encoder feedback forum has been moved to the Media Encoder page on the Adobe Support Community. All existing ideas, votes, and comments have been migrated to the Support Community. 

See you on the Adobe Support Forum! We are eager to get your ideas on how to improve Media Encoder. 

1. Unable to add to Media Encoder queue from After Effects

Since I updated to the 2022 version I'm unable to send my compositions from After Effects to Media Encoder

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

79 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Critical bug / Media Encoder 22

Encoder 22 just doesn't import any projects. When project is sent to queue from After Effects or Premiere nothing happens. Tested on three different computers I have on hand (OS is Windows 10 and Windows 11). I had to roll-back to previous version of CC, because I just wasn't able to get any results from ME 22.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. High Frame Rate transcoding does not go higher than 60fps

Plain and simple: bring back high frame rate encoding. It was in AME 2019 and at some point it was removed. Could this have anything to do with conforming to 'broadcast standards' related to timecode? As time code doesn't exist in formats faster than 60fps. Find a way around it because this is an essential editing feature request. ProRes is not solely for broadcast delivery, in fact it is the backbone of most editing pipelines who choose to not edit native.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can't import a HEVC file in ME, AE or PP

I have a lot of files that Premiere won't import and it gives me the same error about compression codec.
    The fun fact is that VLC can read these files... Handbrake can transcode those files.... But only the softwares that i'm paying for, are not able to do that...
    And most funny thing is the customer support that said me to use handbrake to solve the issues XD.
    In my poor opinion is a codec issue.
    I need an update to let whole community solve their H265 files import issues.
    Thanx.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Request for adding new publish platform i.e.Instagram on Media encoder application

We have 7 publishing modes available on Media encoder it will very useful for video creators who want to publish their videos directly after encoding and in today's time Instagram is the most common application were people use, Many video creators use Instagram for their content creation I think it would be great if we include this publish mode on media encoder.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dynamic Link break from AE-Premier-Media Endoder

When change something in After Effects, my dynamic link reflects in Premier, BUT when I export to Media Encoder, the new change does not register. I have to keep restarting my machine to make AME work. Premier exports fine but AME link update doesn't work. Please can you advise as this puts a huge dent in my work flow.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have an option for automatically setting the in-point for a source file dropped into a watch-folder

My workflow requires that I set the in-point at a consistent timecode for files I receive for transcoding. Is there a way to have a watch folder automatically set the in-point for an export when I drop a source file in? This would be a very helpful feature for Adobe to implement, if it's not availabe already.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Media Encoder very slow performance

I am finding Media Encoder incredibly slow at everything. Importing Premiere sequences from Premiere, dynamic linking, changing export settings. I mean waiting for 15 minutes plus before anything even starts encoding! Sometimes I import sequences and Media Encoder states that things are offline, but this is not true on the sequence in Premiere. When I click to change export settings 'cfprefsd' is at 100% for a LONG LONG time. Sometimes I just give up.

Versions 22.5 running on M1 Max MacBook Pro, Monterey 12.4

Since the export settings in Premiere are so SO abysmal this frankly is the worst workflow…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Batch - Frame Rate Interpolation Conversion

At some future stage, will AME have a batch frame rate conversion feature with interpolation? That being I can send to a queue a stack of clips with varying frame rates and output all the input files to a same end output file frame rate but leave the audio part of the file untouched to same pitch and duration? Say a collection of 12, 23.97, 24, 29.95, 30, 60 fps and all resulting output conversions at 25 fps. At present I am using AWS Elemental Media Converter which is pretty costly.

Also, why when converting an AOMedia AV1 video file…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Low use of GPU

Adobe Media Encoder is barely using my GPU and this is making the rendering process 10x slower and I can't fix it.

I set it to CUDA but it still uses about 1% to 40% of GPU.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Wrong sound when successful render is completed

Using AME 22.0 (Build 107) when a render is completed successfully I get the sheep bleating sound instead of the chime, but the encoding log says all renders have been successfully completed.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New UI makeover is VERY hard to look at

The recently "updated UI" is VERY hard . on the eyes.

The interface "refinements" are killing my eyes. I'm not sure if it's a font change, of the text has more contrast. But the defined boxes and UI text and now REALLY hard . on the eye. I rolled back and the difference is chalk and cheese. The new UI makeover feels like a version from 5 yrs ago. Can we please have the option to just leave it as it is.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Failed in the 1st second of rendering

Ever since I updated to 2022 Media encoder, the first 1 second of rendering anything results in "Failed." It worked fine in the last version.
    Any project from 2022 After Effects renders in actual After Effects, just when I bring it over to Media Encoder 2022 it repeatedly says "Failed"

Encoding Time: 00:00:02

10/30/2021 07:31:58 PM : Encoding Failed

Export Error
    Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
    Writing to file: \?\D:\Music
    Writing file type: H264
    Around timecode: 00:00:00:001 - 00:00:00:018
    Component: H.264 of type Exporter
    Selector: 9
    Error code: 3

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sony XAVC QFHD mxf files wrong interpreted colors in AME - different from Premiere Pro

If I import a Sony XAVC QFHD file in Premiere Pro and export that clip directly from the Project Panel to a H.264 (Match Source - High bitrate preset), the source file is correctly exported with no color shifts. If I import the same file in Media Encoder, and export it with the same H.264 Match source High bitrate preset, there is a huge color shift, as if Media Encoder applies some color management to it. I have this issue since latest update (February 2022). Now all my Premiere Pro projects have the issue that all my Sony XAVC QFHD…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Update so it reads Canon EOS R5C files correctly. Right now AME renames all Canon EOS R5C files to Clips0001.

AME can't seem to read Canon's new Cinema EOS R5C files correctly. AME renames all files to Clips0001 regardless of what the original file name is. The correct file name shows in the AME browser, though. But it doesn't carry through to the compression like other camera files do. All file name burn in when trying to render proxies show Clips0001. Sorry for no examples, my footage so far is not shareable, not even screengrabs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Transcoding or Exporting Multiple Sequences / Source Files

Is it possible to export/transcode multiple sequences or source files at once? At my place of work we use machines that are powerful enough to export multiple outputs for one file. It would save a lot of time if we could export multiple files at the same time, instead of waiting for each individual sequence or file to export one at a time. Since we use machines that should be powerful enough to handle multiple outputs, I'm thinking that this should be able to work for multiple sequences or source files. Is this a feature Adobe currently has or may…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Horizontal Scroll in MacOS doesn't align with operating system settings (is opposite to that of the operating system)

In any other application (Finder, Chrome, InDesign etc), when I move my fingers right aross the mouse, the view moves to the right (and as a result, the objects on the screen move left).

In Media Encoder, when I move my finger to the right the view scrolls to the left (and therefore objects in media encoder move to the right).

Media Encoder should use the operating systems scroll direction settings instead of doing its own thing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Flicker removal on field options like premiere

We would like to suggest something that would help a lot if it was on a future version of ME.

We are a TV channel and we currently working on older material (4:3 interlaced).

When we open those files in Premiere Pro we de-interlace it through flicker removal on field options.

Though there are a ton of files. It would be very helpful if ME had a flicker removal option, so we could apply it on multiple files simulatenously.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Audio Multi-Channel Combine & Export

There are a number of audio recorders used in production that produce multiple files for multiple channels. This means that, for example, if there are 3 mics recording to 3 channels, the recorder produces 3 files.

It would be very useful if Media Encoder could combine these files into 1 multi-channel audio file.

R.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Media Encoder

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base