Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 204 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

60 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

I’m the product manager for Adobe Media Encoder and I’m excited to tell you that – finally! – we’ve added an Auto Computer Shutdown feature. It is in the bottom left corner of the Queue windows, in the beta of Media Encoder, which you can download using Creative Cloud Desktop (see the Beta section on the left side). Beta versions of our products are completely separate from the shipping versions, so there’s no risk in having both versions installed.

There are a few bugs still in Auto Shutdown. For example, if your Media Encoder job includes an upload to YouTube, we’ll try to shutdown the computer before the upload has completed. The job will continue uploading but then the auto shutdown won’t happen.

However, we’re definitely ready for you to try out this feature and let us know what you think. More information is available here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder-beta-discussions/discuss-automatically-shut-down-the-computer-when-the-ame-render-queue-is-complete/td-p/12386805

Regards,…

2. High Frame Rate transcoding does not go higher than 60fps

Plain and simple: bring back high frame rate encoding. It was in AME 2019 and at some point it was removed. Could this have anything to do with conforming to 'broadcast standards' related to timecode? As time code doesn't exist in formats faster than 60fps. Find a way around it because this is an essential editing feature request. ProRes is not solely for broadcast delivery, in fact it is the backbone of most editing pipelines who choose to not edit native.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mobile App for Queue Monitoring

Having the ability to see the active queue and each files progress through a simple mobile app attached to your Adobe ID. Simple functionality like being able to pause, skip, or stop files along with push notifications for when a file is complete or if there are errors. Being able to monitor a long list of proxy files or work in tandem off-site with networked drives would be huge.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I need to be able to batch modify colorspace in "source settings" for Prores Raw clips in Media Encoder.

I need to be able to batch modify "Source Settings" on ProRes Raw clips in Media Encoder. Currently the colorspace for ProRes Raw clips has to be set on a per clip basis by right-clicking clips in the Media Encoder queue and choosing Source Settings and then setting the colorspace as desired (the colorspace always defaults to Rec709). If I select multiple ProRes raw clips and try to modify Source Settings, the change is applied only to the first clip in the selection. I need to render hundreds of clips using the Sony slog3/sgamut3.cine colorspace setting but as it is,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bryan, 

I want to provide an update for you on this issue. 

Unfortunately, due to the way we handle source settings in Media Encoder right now, it's not a simple change to make it possible to apply source settings to multiple files. In the short term, we are going to remove the ability to choose Source Settings when multiple files are selected; that's a bug because it implies that multiple files can be changed simultaneously when in fact that does not work. 

However, your very reasonable request is still something we are going to figure out how to do. I  don't have a date for when this will be done - we need to do more investigation - but I will update this request when I have more info. 

Thanks again, 

Fergus

5. Changing encoding settings for multiple outputs

When changing the encoding settings for multiple outputs, AME always asks for me to confirm that I want to do this. The pop up really needs a "never ask me again" option, so I'm never asked again. I nearly always adjust he output settings of multiple items, and do not want to be asked for confirmation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul, 

We have made the change you suggested. You can try it out in the beta version of v23.4 (there's no problem with having both the beta and shipping versions of our products installed at the same time) or you can wait until next month when it will be included in the next release. 

Thanks very much for the suggestion!

Regards,

Fergus

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base