Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lumetri Color LUT from Premiere Pro not rendering in AME

In AME when using "Import Premiere Pro Sequences Natively" prefs option -

When the Lumetri Color effect is used on a clip in Premiere and a custom input LUT is used from the presets that a user has installed, the exported video to AME will not render correctly in AME. The input LUT will be missing and not rendered in the output.

If the user copies the custom LUT preset to the AME Lumetri/LUTS/Technical folder in the application then it will render properly.

If the user unchecks the prefs import sequences natively it will also render correctly.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Apply in&out points to multiple clips

Add a "trim" option to presets, with 2 horizontal radio buttons for "Trim by" and "Exact timecode", followed by in and out fields.

One is relative, the other is absolute.
    If the trims are impossible, render will flag a warning (or fail) with the appropriate message (e.g. "Trim values exceed the clip's duration.")

(PS While we're at it, add scaling options to presets, too.)

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto Versioning up when adding the same comp/project again or duplicating in the encoder

right now it makes this
    whatevernamev0011
    whatever
    namev0012 etc
    and would be much nicer if it could recognize the ending _v001, v002 etc

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. fast start

Allow setting moov atom at the front of the file (fast start) to appease youtube!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Fade In/Out. Would help with Image Overlays.

Currently, Bug stays on while video fades up. I want both to fade in/out. Compressor has this feature. Why doesn't Encoder?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make image sequences available at import

Just make image sequences available at import.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Image Sequences are already supported via the Media Browser in AME.

Formats currently supported are listed here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/file-formats-supported-import.html

If there’s a format that you’d like to see supported that currently is not on this list, please let us know.

If there’s a specific workflow you’re trying to achieve that isn’t possible via the image sequence format support in the product today, please add more detail as to what you’re trying to accomplish.

Thanks
    Patrick

7. Need to be able to pause encoding queue, reboot computer, and resume queue.

Continual forced Windows updates destroying workflow. I am converting hundreds of videos in an archive. My queues can take days of processing. If a forced-boot update is pushed to the computer, the queue is lost.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Frame padding

Having custom/fixed frame padding while exporting image sequences is a good idea. VFX software like Nuke doesn't allow multiple frame paddings.

Ex: If we render image sequence which ranges from 1 to 1000 frames then it would be

Images.01.png
    Images.02.png
    Images.99.png
    images.100.png (Here the padding > 2)
    Images.999.png
    Images.1000.png (Here the padding > 3)

In the above case, Nuke will interpret Multiple reads nodes for each padding increment.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remember last outputfolder

When using AME as a render for AE, it's unpleasant to set the output folder for each queued item. A preference to make AME behave like AE (output to the previous set folder) would be nice and time saving.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make renders GPU Intensive

When rendering a queue, I check in Task Manager, CPU is on 100%, GPU around 0%!
    Many people have good VGA cards, while most of them own 7700, 8700 or 9700 at most, even having a few more CPU cores is not an advantage if compared to GPU based rendering.
    So why both Media Encoder & Premiere just use CPU to render/export rather than GPU?!
    In Media Encoder last version > Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine GPU... is selected by default, but no effect, am I doing anything wrong?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. frame number adjustment when exporting image sequences

There is no possibility to define the numbering in exported image sequences. The number of digit, the starting number etc.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug on subtitles from Premiere

I have a bug on visible subtitles : if I try to render these subtitles from the export menu of Premiere Pro, the visible subtitles render well.

But if I add the video to export within a render queue, it goes to Adobe Media Encoder, and then subtitles are not visible anymore.

So I have to export videos one by one within Premier, which is pretty annoying when you have 20 videos to export...

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Play Videos from inside Media Encoder

I often use Media Encoder to cut down videos. Unfortunately though, because you can't play videos from inside Media Encoder, I often have to take them into Premiere first to ensure I've set the right in point.

Media Encoder should have the option to play video files.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unable to produce frame

Since upgrading from 2017 to 2018 we can not use the Media Encoder batch processing feature any more. After 1 or 2 processed videos Media Encoder fails and we get the following error message:

Export Error
    Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame.

Writing with exporter: QuickTime
    Writing to file: R:\5760-Cineform\Incoming\ATM00442-Australia-Kangaroos-on-Beach-5760x2880-29-97fps-Cineform-2-Min-Col-Stereo-Sound.mov
    Around timecode: 00;02;49;19 - 00;02;49;23
    Rendering at offset: 130.998 seconds
    Component: QuickTime of type Exporter
    Selector: 9
    Error code: -1609629695

We would love to be able to render overnight again, rather than rendering each file from Premiere for 30-40 minutes before being able to work on…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ABILITY TO SAVE RENDER QUEUES

Save it like an XML or Premiere Sequence you could import into Media Encoder on another computer.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a preset needs support for interlaced media

The JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a preset currently supports only Progressive output in the Basic Video Settings but we desperately need support for both interlaced sources and properly interlaced output to meet the JPEG 2000 archival requirements of the Library of Congress and other archival organizations.

We have a growing backlog of interlaced 1080i 59.94 program files that need to be converted to lossless, interlaced JPEG 2000 files for archival delivery, compliant with ISO/IEC 15444-2 specifications. I would point out that such files have become a core deliverable for many broadcasters, distributors and funding and production tax credits agencies, both in…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cut 'X' Frames from start and end of clip / Add hold

As I process broadcast files, most of them have ten seconds of idents at the start and 5 seconds of hold on the end.

It would be great it there was a setting under 'effects' to tell media encoder to automatically remove x amount of frames from the start and end of the clip. You can adjust this to suite so you are left with only the actual content.

An additional feature would be to ask media encoder to add a hold onto the end of a clip. For instance broadcast files have 5 seconds hold, but other content delivery…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please add cloud GPUs to supported list for AME/Premiere

Currently, none of the available GPUs in AWS, Azure or GCP are listed under the "accepted/certified" list for Premiere/AME (https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html#SystemrequirementsApril2018121releaseofPremiereProCC). We are not seeing ANY added efficiency on export/rendering from Adobe Premiere when there are any of the following NVIDIA GPUs present and working on the cloud compute instance:

NVIDIA M60
    NVIDIA P100
    NVIDIA P4

Please add these to the list so we can get a performance boost when exporting/rendering on cloud instances.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Constant Quality/Quantizer

Adobe software needs to implement both Constant Quality and Constant Quantizer options for H.264/5, with an adjustable Max bitrate setting that can also be applied when needed.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Monitor audio during encoding

It would be helpful to be able to monitor audio (either through speakers or a visible meter) during encoding. I find it very useful to catch editing issues in the Output Preview monitor, however I do sometimes still get caught out with audio problems. If there could be an option to preview the audio as well, that would be very useful.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base