Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe Media Encoder CC 2019 - Taking 180 Hours to Render (was 6 Hours before the upgrade)

AME CC 2019 is taking 180 hours to render, while the normal would be 6 hours. HOWEVER there is a CATCH: This slowness came while the computer was NOT being used - overnight, in screen saver/standby mode. When I came in the morning and started using it, the 'Remaining' info in AME started to drop dramatically. Now it is about 78 hours to finish, and dropping. Doing some calculations here, it might finish in the 6-7 hour estimate, as long as I don't let the computer alone, I'm assuming. IMPORTANT to note: I did the same thing yesterday, same video,…

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PROPER color profile and bith depth handling!

You can't work professionally with AME unless you implement proper color profile rendering and comprehensive (!!!) bith depth handling!

Especially coming from AE, how would you export to a digital intermediate, if you can't export something MORE than 8 bit, and Rec.709? It's just embarassing for Adobe.

— I just come from having a nightmare experience on my last job... Had to use FFmpeg to get a reasonable 10 bit broadcast format, that still contained all the color information. That is a FREE app that got the job done, compared to the PAID Media Encoder...

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Exporting Captions: "embed in output file" only exports 608 captions.

In EXPORT SETTINGS in Premiere:
    - when I have both 608 and 708 caption file on my project, I hit "Queue", it will only export the 608 text. However, in Premiere if I don't hit "Queue" and hit "export" it will export both.

So, exporting in Media Encoder does not for some reason export the 708 caption stream. Only the 608 one.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Append custom file name on export

I would like to append a custom name to the end or beginning of a file name on export. Yes, I know you can select an option saying "Append preset name to filename on export", but I don't need this all the time. It would be much simpler if this was an option that is chosen within the preset itself. This would create much more flexibility when exporting.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Encoding Failure Since 2019 Update and October Nvidia Drivers

Many "A low-level exception occurred in: Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) (AcceleratedRenderer:10)" failures on H264 encodes since the Media Encoder 2019 update and requirement of latest Nvidia drivers (October 11 2018). Reverting to August Nvidia drivers did not help. Anything older and program says latest drivers required.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Publish video straight to We Transfer

The ability to send a video over WeTransfer once an export has finished. Much like the way you can publish to YouTube or an FTP server etc.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Media Encoder bug on subtitles + After Effects composition

Bug demo:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Dk1dn0org

Adobe Media Encoder bug - Media Offline for captions w/ After Effects
    I've encountered a strange bug. I have captions and an After Effects lower third on two different tracks on a timeline. Using Mac OSX 10.13.4, AME 12.1, Premiere 12.1.

If I render out of Premiere, no problems.

If I send to AME and try to render, the caption track renders as "Media Offline".

If I delete all content such that only the caption and the AE clips exist, the caption track renders as "Media Offline".

However, if I delete the AE content (turning off visibility…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Constant bug: media encoder hangs on files adn has to be forced quit and restarted regardless of file type, size. location, codex

Constant bug: media encoder hangs on files adn has to be forced quit and restarted regardless of file type, size. location, codex

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Overall queue estimated remaining time

It would be great to have an estimated time remaining for a whole batch of videos. Currently the remaining time is only displayed per output node in the Encoding Panel.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. There should be a "Based on Source" option for the audio as well as video.

Many issues with the Premiere Pro Project Manager, Proxy Creation, and Ingest can be avoided if you could simply have presets that work with all audio configurations. In many instances you would want the transcoded media to have an identical audio layout to the original. Its essential, in fact, when creating proxies and archiving sequences using Project Manager....yet, there is no option to do this.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Media Encoder crashes constantly.

I believe it is the dynamic line manager that is actually the problem. I have to output about a 100 promos a session. Seems like a great reason to use the "Render que". After getting about 15 spots into the Render que, Premire starts to hang up (like I can't "goto inpoint") and Encoder will stop adding to the que. At this point I have to reboot and resend everything back into the que. Most days I just render the spots one at a time. This has become a huge waste of time.
    MacPro (trash Can), High Sierra
    64gb, 2…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Media Encoder hanging during transcode

There is a bug that I have yet to see explained exactly the same as I am experiencing it. I'm trying to transcode some MP4 h.264 files into a higher compressed h.264 file to better fit in it's playback medium. I thought the issue was the computer going to sleep pausing the render, even though that should not have been the case.
    -Fresh install of Windows 10 1809
    -drop multiple mp4 files into AME, hit start and it will go for a while.
    -after a few minutes it stops rendering. No error, no immediate crash. Just no movement, no change…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Let us batch change render settings, please!

Adobe media encoder sorely need the ability to batch change render setting presets on all videos selected.
    Example: Let's say I want to render 100 video from After Effects and send them to AME, then it chooses the last used render setting by default when loaded into AME. If I want to change I have to manually (!) add new render settings/preset to Every single of the 100 videos and then manually (!) delete the previous setting so I don't render each video two times. Also it automatically makes new names for the new video setting I added so I…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Failure

I believe we can all benefit from having a nice sound effect that indicates when a Render has Failed or Completed successfully.

It is incredibly frustrating to come back to my computer to see that devilish Red 'X', shamelessly telling me that AME decided to spontaneously abort mission without warning. Now this is, obviously, very frustrating and can ruin your entire mood and workflow. But, what if it didn't?

What if there was a little more satisfaction in successfully rendering a composition? Now here me out, I'm sure most of us have played a game or two at some point.…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Your latest Premiere Pro update has "rendered" Media Encoder useless.

Renders that once took an hour now take (huh?) 66 hours. After your latest update of Premiere Pro (May 2019), media encoder takes forever to render.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BUG: Media Encoder v.13.0.1 won't export subtitles from premiere pro

from premiere pro (v.13.0.1) when queued to media encoder (v.13.0.1), even after "burn subtitles to video" is selected, the export doesn't have the subtitles burnt in. pls fix. slows down editing process.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. App for Media Encoder to send progress status/updates to your phone

App for Media Encoder to send progress status/updates to your phone so you know when it's finished processing footage. This way, you can leave your computer to do the work and be notified when the job's done or is nearing completion.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Older Versions of Media Encoder to Be Installed

Adobe removed the ability to install older versions of Media Encoder. This is unacceptable, especially when businesses rely on features that were stripped from the newest release of Media Encoder. When our version bugged out and wouldn't pick up the license, I attempted to uninstall and reinstall, just to find out that there was no way to reinstall.

Please restore older version installations. I don't care about the Dolby being removed.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. AME from AE frame numbering?

Exporting frames to AME vs rendering within AE must remain consistent. AME sequences always start at 0000, instead of the work area start and end points, like they're supposed to. It essentially makes AME useless for frame sequences since you can't customize what you're rendering so that it overwrites the older frames. Its what makes frames sequence rendering so superior to file rendering. You only render the bits that need to be revised and don't have to wrangle multiple different video files for fixes. PLEASE FIX IT ALREADY. This can't be hard to do. MAKE OUR LIVES EASIER or we…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base