Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fade in/out

Please add automatic fade in/out - i want to add this to a few thousand videos and it's no problem in other encoders.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Limit size of Media Cache

In Premiere Pro the size of the media cache can be limited, why not in AME?
    Alternatively a switch to disable creating cache files.
    Because while batch encoding it just fills the C drive until the system crashes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AME is unable to update nested Dynamic links when using watch folders

This issue occurs when I drop a Premiere Pro project containing Dynamically linked After Effects projects into an AME watch folder.

The first time AME renders out everything perfectly fine. If I then update anything inside the AE project and drop the PP project file in the watch folder again, it only renders changes made in PP, not in AE. Incrementing the AE project doesn’t help either.

Currently the only workaround to this is to manually restart AME every time there is a change made to a dynamically linked AE project.

It would make sense to either have AME automatically…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adding a Fast Start option like MPEG Streamclip has

Some Publishers require exports to have a Fast Start built into an export and the only way to do this with Adobe is encode it again after export, using MPEG Streamclip or FFMPEG. Would love to not have to re-encode an export.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: don't count paused time in elapsed time

Elapsed time currently includes paused time and throws off remaining time.

Found in both 2019 and 2018, both Mac and PC.

Try it: encode for 1 minute then pause the encode for 1 minute. When you un-pause the elapsed time jumps up to 2 minutes. And this new value is used to calculate remaining time, so it's thrown way off as well. The longer you pause, the more it's off.

I can't think any good reason to code it this way. It's not a huge deal relative to other bugs, but come on! Attention to detail, Adobe!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. JPEG 2000 MXF YUV 422 8 bits Export Has Errors In Bottom Of Frame

BCMR @L7
    YUV 4:2:2
    8 bits
    Frame attached, produced file available at:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ui1umbc6d88s4da/AAArUy_xO9TBpz7NtjGPCCzha?dl=0

As you can see, the bottom is garbled. RGB export seems OK.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. JPEG 2000 MXF YUV 422 8 bits Export Has Errors In Bottom Of Frame

BCMR @L7
    YUV 4:2:2
    8 bits
    Frame attached, produced file available at:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ui1umbc6d88s4da/AAArUy_xO9TBpz7NtjGPCCzha?dl=0

As you can see, the bottom is garbled. RGB export seems OK.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Apply Preset names to file

Once I finish an edit in Premiere I need to encode 27 files from the sequence. I've created 27 presets in MEdia Encoder. My question is, can I add a "name" to each preset that would be show in the files name as well?

Example

original file name: RaceCarV3.mov
    new file name based on WebM preset: RaceCarV3-WebM.webm

Anyway to do this? pleeeeeessseee!!!!!! make this happen

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Media Encoder fails to open perfectly good H.264 files.

Media Encoder won't open some H.264 files that open just fine in QuickTime Player and IINA. Example attached.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Inability to Queue from Premiere Pro

Updated media Encoder (2019) this morning and I am no longer able to queue from Premiere Pro to Media Encoder

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Media Encoder 13.0.2 crashes

I decided to try out the newest version of Creative Cloud and am met with Media Encoder requiring a "Force Close". I'm on Mac OS Sierra. Premiere Pro seems to function fine. I have a 2013 MacBook Pro and EArly 2009 Mac Pro tower and experience the same crashing behavior. Attached is a log from the MacBook Pro. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Media Encoder 13.0.2 crashes

I decided to try out the newest version of Creative Cloud and am met with Media Encoder requiring a "Force Close". I'm on Mac OS Sierra. Premiere Pro seems to function fine. I have a 2013 MacBook Pro and EArly 2009 Mac Pro tower and experience the same crashing behavior. Attached is a log from the MacBook Pro. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. AME Bug message: Encoding is in progress. Do you really want to quit?

Hi!, Using After Effects with AME to render in batch. The computer sends me this message: Encoding is in progress. Do you really want to quit?
    This message makes the render queue wait for confirmation, causing the rendering to not continue.
    I'm using an iMac Pro with Mac OS High Sierra v.10.13.4 with after effects 16.0.1 (Build 48) and AME 13.0.2 (Build 39).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Rewrap .MTS files from AVCHD into .MOV

Rewrap .MTS files from AVCHD into .MOV
    AVCHD files contain h.264 codec. The Panasonic I record with uses a .MTS extension for the file within the AVCHD container. I would like to be able to re-wrap the .MTS files into something like a Quicktime container without transcoding them. It must be possible, EditReady can re-wrap them but Media Encoder tells me the same file, "The source file's video stream is not compatible with this preset."

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG: Media Encoder v.13.0.2 won't export some content to MXF OP1a, but will in every other format

We have noticed when upgrading from v12 to v13, that some content won`t be exported (fails) to MXF OP1a - IMX30 PAL, but it will in other formats like MPEG2 or H264.
    Same content works without any problems in any format in v12.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add the adobe acrobat reader version 8 or 9 app to the chrome web store

good

I would like you to add the adobe acrobat reader version 8 or 9 app to the chrome web store to view documents in PDF format as it has the utility of saving progress.

thank you

Diego Almonte

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug with Name Overlay: Source File Name (Without Extension)

As of March 4, 2019.

Bug with Name Overlay when "Source File Name (Without Extension)" is selected.

Export works fine in Pr, but once queued to Media Encoder, it exports with the entire source file name even when "Source File Name (Without Extension)" is selected as the format.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Customer monthly Payment for Creative Suite is to be discounted in proportion to the number of bugs left in code after 1 year

Since customers pay monthly for a product (software) that should work - then I propose in future that any software problems introduced into new code (that did work in previous versions, which gets broken) should be directly discounted each month by Adobe to compensate customers .

eg The more bugs introduced and not fixed, this increases the percentage discount for customers monthly - yes ?
    This is a sort of reverse bonus scheme which focuses the minds of both software developers and Quality assurance teams and Management.
    The benefit of getting it right is happy customers, more references for Adobe…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make it work

Make it work. I can't click on a single thing once media encoder launches without it freezing and crashing. I've tried it on multiple files, even really basic things are causing this to happen. It's broken and I can't export anything.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The link between Premiere and media encoder doesn't work. fixe that would be a good start.

The link between Premiere and media encoder doesn't work. fixe that would be a good start.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base