Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When a premier project file is placed in the watch folder in Media Encoder, the sequence is automatically loaded and rendered. How to exclud

When a premier project file is placed in the watch folder in Media Encoder, the sequence is automatically loaded and rendered. How to exclude the render of only a specific sequence?
    For example, how to exclude nested sequences from render

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No Scenarist Closed Captions in AME 14.8

Windows 10 - 32GB RAM - GTX 1080

AME 14.8 is missing the option to embed or create sidecar Scenarist Closed Caption files.

I have used this feature on a regular basis. Tried with my normal export preset in premiere for captions. Even recreated it. Upon queuing to AME, it changes the captioning format from SCC to MCC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. AME altering closed captions format in 14.8 MXF exports - Renders Unusable for Broadcast

Windows 10 - 32GB RAM - GTX1080
    When I export a show with embedded closed captioning as an OP1a MXF from Premiere Pro 14.8 to Media Encoder 14.8, the captions are being changed from .scc to .mcc. I am exporting an HDCAMHD 50 MXF that has 608 and 708 captions that were imported from Scenarist files (.scc). When I go to the captions tab in PPro, I am selecting "Embed in Output File." Below that, the greyed out boxes confirm that it is a .scc file. I can even check "Create Sidecar File" and .scc is still one of the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Watch Folder options

Allow an option to automatically delete the source files after they have been converted and the new files added in the watch folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Don't connect to dynamic link server before opening settings for a dynamic link render queue item

The "connecting to dynamic link" box often takes a long time. Instead, let the settings page load instantly like it does for a non dynamic link item. Settings can be available right away, and the video preview can display a "connecting to dynamic link" message until it establishes the connection. Most of the time, a user does not need the video preview.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Aspect ratio SAR and DAR missing in exported MP4 file container data

When encoding MP4 files from Media Encoder or Premiere Pro the exported file is missing the SAR and DAR values.

This can be easily check with ffprobe and this command:
    ffprobe -v error -showformat -showstreams file.mp4
    [STREAM]
    index=0
    codecname=h264
    codec
    longname=H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
    profile=Main
    codec
    type=video
    codectimebase=1/50
    codectagstring=avc1
    codectag=0x31637661
    width=1920
    height=1080
    coded
    width=1920
    codedheight=1088
    closed
    captions=0
    hasbframes=2
    sampleaspectratio=N/A
    displayaspectratio=N/A

As you can see above the encoded file shows N/A values instead of the expected SAR value 1:1…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. MXF Op1a ProRes 4444 + Alpha

AME 14.7 has default settings for export ProRes 4444 + Alpha into MXF Op1a.
    My rendered MXF files contains no Alpha but metadata are showing information for Alpha (straight etc.).
    Please fix it to support ProRes with Alpha in MXF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. MXF Op1a ProRes 4444 + Alpha

My rendered MXF files contains no Alpha but metadata are showing information for Alpha (straight etc.).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. MXF Op1a ProRes 4444 + Alpha

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Media Encoder is freezing when render from After FX to MP4

Media Encoder is freezing when i want to render to MP4. I can render the video only when i restart the computer. I asked business partners and friends about this problem and they can confirm this issue. Please check it out and hopefully fix it soon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hardware encoding for VBR 2 pass.

Please allow hardware encoding as an option for VBR 2 pass. VBR 2 pass only has the option for software encode. I understand it is by design but why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Droppable menu bar icon MacOS

Hi, I find myself dropping movies that need to be converted on the menu bar icon at least a few times a day. But that doesn't work, although it seems so intuitive. Any chance that could be implemented?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cannot sign in with youtube

WIll not allow me to sign in to my youtube - will prompt me for email to sign in and then will close the window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to make presentation usb drives.

I want to make presentation usb drives. You pop a DVD into a computer and a menu comes up with the videos etc that are on the DVD and the user selects. I can not find the same option for usb drives, which is amazing to me.
    I have ten grandchildren and I would love to be able to send them individualized usb drives that they can put into a computer and they would be presented with a menu from which they could choose which media they wanted .

Thanks,
    Rick Adams

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG - Multiple Outputs from Single Source File Fails / Is Inconsistent

Trying to export two versions / sizes to H264 MP4 from a source 1080p ProRes file. I'm using CUDA accelerated Mercury Playback Engine. AME behavior is inconsistent. First attempt resulted in one of the two desired outputs being completed successfully, with the second output failing without an error.

Tried switching to CPU Mercury Playback Engine, re-added file to the queue, set desired outputs, but this time both output files failed to render. No error, just failed.

I switched back to CUDA accelerated, re-added file/outputs, and this time both files output successfully.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, with an AMD Threadripper…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Arri RAW HDE Encoding Support

Currently there is no support for Arri RAW that has been encoded with codex HDE. Please add support for this format asap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Transform Effect in Premiere results on bugged render in Encoder

When rendering a video for my YT channel, I used the transform effect in Premiere and everything was normal, after rendering without checking, I saw the end result, and it every file that I've used the transform effect in premiere was off from where I placed them. Then I checked the preview on render queue at Encoder, and even when previewing it was wrong. Then I double checked in premiere to see if the problem was the file. Turns out that in premiere everything was in the right place, and rendered as expected. Hope I have discoverd an error/bug to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Transform Effect in Premiere results on bugged render in Encoder

When rendering a video for my YT channel, I used the transform effect in Premiere and everything was normal, after rendering without checking, I saw the end result, and it every file that I've used the transform effect in premiere was off from where I placed them. Then I checked the preview on render queue at Encoder, and even when previewing it was wrong. Then I double checked in premiere to see if the problem was the file. Turns out that in premiere everything was in the right place, and rendered as expected. Hope I have discoverd an error/bug to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base