Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please add more function auto shut down PC after rendering and uploading to social media

please add more function auto shut down PC after rendering and uploading to social media

14 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to add prefix and suffix

Add option in preset or export options to add a prefix or suffix. Like in Illustrator's "Export for screens". This will save from renaming every file individually.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have a default Preset

Being able to right-click a preset and setting "Make Default" would be fantastic. I know AME is supposed to apply whatever preset you last used, but that only works when AME has not crashed. I'd find it incredibly useful to be able to set AME to, by default, always apply the default Preset unless I changed it.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. can't select a custom lut

in 12.1 (171), in the "effects" tab on the "export settings" window, when "lumetri look/lut" is checked, I can't choose "select" from the drop down menu. when I click it, nothing happens.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Parallelize png encodes

AME should automatically parallelize png encodes.

During an encode of a 5.7K video to a png image sequence, I'm getting pretty terrible performance. On an overclocked 10-core Windows machine with a fast GPU, I'm getting just over 1 fps during at 5.7K video export. A 26-min piece will take 15 hours.

CPU, GPU, and disk are all essentially idling--AME is using 1 logical core's worth of compute (5% of total CPU capacity), and GPU is at 0%.

It looks like I can manually parallelize png export in AME. I made 4 jobs, and each ran using 1 logical core (5%…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Distrubuted Processing, Export with multiple computers

Similar to Compressor on macOS — add the ability for users to queue and export a Premiere Pro timeline on another workstation(s). Editors can be liberated to work on the next project as the last finishes in a queue on another computer.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Media Encoder worker nodes

I would like to be able to add to a media encoder queue running on a separate computer on shared storage.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. MATCH SOURCE AUDIO BUTTON

Please make it an option to either bypass audio compression, or match the source file's number of tracks so that we don't need to adjust how many tracks for each individual file for larger projects. Take a page out of Apple's compressor for this please.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Simple idea to make Media Encoder feel faster

When I start Media Encoder from within After Effects it usually takes ages till Media Encoder even just shows the AE project. Why does it need every single detail from AE before even listing the name of the composition? Would it not be great to have AE just pass on the name and composition resolution at first. While the other stuff loads, the user can already enter a file name and tinker with the encoding settings. This seems very simple and would tremendously speed up my workflow. Thanks for your consideration. Til

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Extremely Slow

I used to render H.264 out of AE, now I can no longer. So, I'm trying to embrace Media Encoder. It's soooOOO slow to startup, and then half the time the dynamic link doesn't seem to work. If this program is going to be forced onto AE users, I need more from it for me to not hate it.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adobe Media Encoder bug - Media Offline for captions w/ After Effects

I've encountered a strange bug. I have captions and an After Effects lower third on two different tracks on a timeline. Using Mac OSX 10.13.4, AME 12.1, Premiere 12.1.

If I render out of Premiere, no problems.

If I send to AME and try to render, the caption track renders as "Media Offline".

If I delete all content such that only the caption and the AE clips exist, the caption track renders as "Media Offline".

However, if I delete the AE content (turning off visibility doesn't do it) then the captions will render normally in AME.

It doesn't matter where…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring back .mov support please

I agree that .mov is outdated, but it is still a very typical format that drops in from time to time. Support for old formats is really really usefull, one never knows when they pop up. And it's stressfull to have to jump to free softwares like handbrake to get the job done

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Media encoder takes twice as long to encode a premier pro sequence than exporting it from premier pro directly

Adobe media encoder does not utilize my systems performance when encoding a premier pro sequence, thus taking a lot longer than it should.

When i export a sequence straight out of the premier pro software, the software utilizes all my recourses and takes about 45 mins to endode whereas AME takes 9 hours to encode that same sequence using about 20% CPU with spikes!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. add audio from a file to an image sequence

Add the ability to import an audio file into an image sequence

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Include a feature that allows me to add black to heads and tails to my in & out points and save it within the preset function.

Include a feature that allows me to add black to heads and tails to my in & out points and save it within the preset function.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. No GPU memory flush for queued Premiere projects

I had 10 projects queued, and Media Encoder failed every third encode.
    Checked video card memory usage in GPU-Z, and yes, after every single render the usage amount increased by 1.5GB, so my GTX1060 3GB obviously ran out of video memory after two project renders. I think it's a bug, and Media Encoder should take care to clean up video memory after every single render task. I am using Windows 10 (1803 version)

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When exporting to an image sequence from an AE comp, allow 1) custom start frame numbers and 2) getting frame numbers from the composition

Example: If I exported an image sequence 1000 frames long, but decided I wanted to replace frames 50-100. I could select those frames as my in In Point & Out Point and click a box that says "take frame numbers from composition" or something, then the exported image files would be called XXX0050 - XXX0100 automatically.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. OGG OGV

Seriously ... Adobe needs to add these output formats... how long have users been asking for it? How many replies have I seen suggesting using another media encoding software? Wake up Adobe!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need to be able to pause encoding queue, reboot computer, and resume queue.

Continual forced Windows updates destroying workflow. I am converting hundreds of videos in an archive. My queues can take days of processing. If a forced-boot update is pushed to the computer, the queue is lost.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Set Limit File Size

Please add an option to Set Limit File Size!

Thanks

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base