Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Media Encoder v13.0.1 Exporting gifs change all colours slightly. #FFFFFF changes to #FBFBFB

When I export my After Efects composition as a gif with Media Encoder, it alters all of the colours in my file. White (#FFFFFF) changes to an off white (#FBFBFB) this is not a colour calibration issue as when opened in other programs the colours can be eyedropped and are completely different. Exporting as a video keeps all of the original colours, only gifs cahnge.

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a default Preset

Being able to right-click a preset and setting "Make Default" would be fantastic. I know AME is supposed to apply whatever preset you last used, but that only works when AME has not crashed. I'd find it incredibly useful to be able to set AME to, by default, always apply the default Preset unless I changed it.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Distrubuted Processing, Export with multiple computers

Similar to Compressor on macOS — add the ability for users to queue and export a Premiere Pro timeline on another workstation(s). Editors can be liberated to work on the next project as the last finishes in a queue on another computer.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Media encoder takes twice as long to encode a premier pro sequence than exporting it from premier pro directly

Adobe media encoder does not utilize my systems performance when encoding a premier pro sequence, thus taking a lot longer than it should.

When i export a sequence straight out of the premier pro software, the software utilizes all my recourses and takes about 45 mins to endode whereas AME takes 9 hours to encode that same sequence using about 20% CPU with spikes!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include a feature that allows me to add black to heads and tails to my in & out points and save it within the preset function.

Include a feature that allows me to add black to heads and tails to my in & out points and save it within the preset function.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. please add more function auto shut down PC after rendering and uploading to social media

please add more function auto shut down PC after rendering and uploading to social media

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to add prefix and suffix

Add option in preset or export options to add a prefix or suffix. Like in Illustrator's "Export for screens". This will save from renaming every file individually.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatic naming of outputs

Naming rules for files and folders.
    As we have presets for encoding preferences, such should be for naming convention of files and the automation of creating new folders.

for example:
    For the "save to" folder I selected: D:\Projects\MyMovie\
    Enecoded file, JPG SEQ named: Scn1_####.jpg
    and third place output in the outputs list
    with a QT preset named "QTpreview":

A naming rule such: \%FileName\%index_%FileName.ext

will save as: D:\Projects\MyMovie\Scn1\3_Scn1.mov
    *Underscore and numbers should not be included unless
    a different rule is used.

A naming rule such \%index\%preset.ext

will save as D:\Projects\MyMovie\3\QTpreview.mov

More rules can be used such as date, Time code extra. …

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. No GPU memory flush for queued Premiere projects

I had 10 projects queued, and Media Encoder failed every third encode.
    Checked video card memory usage in GPU-Z, and yes, after every single render the usage amount increased by 1.5GB, so my GTX1060 3GB obviously ran out of video memory after two project renders. I think it's a bug, and Media Encoder should take care to clean up video memory after every single render task. I am using Windows 10 (1803 version)

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When exporting to an image sequence from an AE comp, allow 1) custom start frame numbers and 2) getting frame numbers from the composition

Example: If I exported an image sequence 1000 frames long, but decided I wanted to replace frames 50-100. I could select those frames as my in In Point & Out Point and click a box that says "take frame numbers from composition" or something, then the exported image files would be called XXX0050 - XXX0100 automatically.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Set Limit File Size

Please add an option to Set Limit File Size!

Thanks

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. extend media to encode Matroska FFV1

In Archives around the world, the Matroska wrapper and ffv1 codec is a widely accepted open format for digital preservation. The lack of the ability for the Adobe Encoder to handle this wrapper, which is used extensively within archives as a preferred format for born digital use is a real problem. Please add the MKV format to the already great product and make a lot of people happier.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve Media Encoder Performance vs Premiere Pro

Please improve Media Encoder performance. Rendering via Premiere Pro takes on a specific project 1 Hour. Exporting via Media Encoder takes 3 - 5 Hours. Please fix this. I have searched the internet and there are many people experiencing bad performance in AME compared to Premiere Pro.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Extremely Slow

I used to render H.264 out of AE, now I can no longer. So, I'm trying to embrace Media Encoder. It's soooOOO slow to startup, and then half the time the dynamic link doesn't seem to work. If this program is going to be forced onto AE users, I need more from it for me to not hate it.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. OGG OGV

Seriously ... Adobe needs to add these output formats... how long have users been asking for it? How many replies have I seen suggesting using another media encoding software? Wake up Adobe!

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable hardware encoding / decoding for h264 and h265 - it's 2018

I have i9 7900x with Nvidia 1080ti and 64gb ram Win 10. Was excited to hear about hardware encoding for h264 and h265 (finally!!!). Was stunned to find out it's only for intel integrated graphics - it's an April Fools 2018 joke, right? I guess I'm still transcoding in other (free) software until Adobe catches up...

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. add audio from a file to an image sequence

Add the ability to import an audio file into an image sequence

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. MORE FORMATS

For example .ogg, .webm or .mkv

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Don't preload plugins on launch, only when needed.

Please, please can we improve launch time by not preloading all of our AE/PPro plugins (I have hundreds) unless they are actually needed. It takes an age. I can actually boot my whole Mac faster than I can open MediaEncoder from the same M2SSD. Ridiculous. It make ME almost impractical to use due simply to the launch time.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base