Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import of image sequence .exr to clip is not using fps set in preferences, always import at 12.5 fps

Import of image sequence .exr to clip is not using fps set in preferences, always import at 12.5 fps and shows the wrong colors especially in 2019 version.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Date of rendered movies.

Hello,

if i encode a video in Media Encoder the result of the encoded movie has a different date of publish. For example: if i have a movie that was rendered out at April 9th , the encoded movie has a date one day BEFORE. At this example April 8th.
    So how can i fix this?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ANOTHER BUG- Encoder insists on .MXF wrapper and not .MOV

I don't need MXF presets in ME- I don't need MXF output. I use a ProRes workflow throughout.

Please show me how to tame the unwanted choices without a degree from MIT?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why is Media Encoder a separate app?

Genuinely curious as to why this isn't just built into Premiere and After Effects as a separate window that opens when you export or queue videos, so you can then keep editing. Why does there need to be an entire new application that opens up, one that must be updated/downloaded as much as Premiere and that looks identical to the export menus in Premiere?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Favorite presets

Being able to have favorite presets with a favorite panel or section would make finding my go-to presets so much easier without having to dig through tabs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG - Media Encoder 2020 4.0.3 outputs green and purple blank video

Premiere won't show imports except as green or flashing color blank, and media encoder won't output anything but the same in the latest update. Roll back to premiere 14.0.1 and all is well. sAME 1 VERSION BACK WITH MEDIA ENCODER, HEY, i HAVE LATEST DRIVERS FOR EVERYTHING! cHECKED 10 TIMES! Cannot have these delays....

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Watch Folder not working at all

Hi,

Upgraded to 2020 and the watch folders do not work at all. I am connected to a Lumaforge Jellyfish server and exporting to my local desktop on a Mac Mini.

When I add a project to the watch folder, AME gets a beach ball and hangs.

The project is set up correctly with sequences at the root of the project. Already tried resetting preferences, changing the folder location, restarting AME, trying a new project, etc. The watch folder just sits idle and then AME freezes when a new project is added to the folder.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Watch Folder Configuration Files

I have about 40 watch folders and these are stuck in ME 2019 and I now use 2020, but will have to recreate every single watch folder.

I just want to export them and import them in the same way I can with Presets.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG!!! cannot export or render from After Effects . please fixxxxxxx

I have tried all the way to export my video but still not working . please fix!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG!!! Media Encoder preset with timecode defaults to show frame count rather than TC

This seems to have been introduces with the latest update. I have a preset to render an H264 file with file name and timecode visually burned in. Before updating it worked fine. Now it shows a number(I assume framecount) rather than TC. If I switch to generate rather than source, then it shows TC. But if I save the preset on "generate," it saves the starting time as well, so the TC is not accurate. If I create a new preset, the first application works as expected, but once I apply from the saved preset it fails in the same…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Media encoder 2020, has grey cast on white when rendering max color depth?

I have graphic design orientated videos with pure white and text. They are prores video files. I have converted them to H264 mpgs.
    Media encoder 2020, has put a grey cast on anything pure white when rendering max colour depth? I have checked for traces of colour in the white with the pipette. Has something changed or as this did not happen with previous versions? Best regards

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. AI optimized versioning

I am thinking that it might be possible to use AI to scan a previously rendered version of a file, and as it's rendering a new version/revision, if any of the frames from the new render are identical to a previous version, the AI would pull those identical frames from a previous version so only the new frames would have to be rendered when producing a new version. This would make it easier and faster to make revisions theoretically.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Encoding profile spontaneously changes during batch process

Encoding profile spontaneously changes from a custom preset to DV Pal during batch process.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Не работает экспорт звука!

При экспорте из Premiere pro(кодек H.264) через Media Encoder не экспортируется звук.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add closed caption embedding support to AME watch folders

Add closed caption embedding support to AME watch folders.

File based workflows are more and more common in broadcast, where producers submit finished video and then later get a caption file back. Currently, someone must reopen the Premiere project and put the .mcc captions on the timeline on top of the video as an additional layer. Then export, and use a preset that has captions set to embed in video in AME.

For those of us with high volume of turnaround, it would be great if we could just put mxf video and mcc sidecar caption file into an AME…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BUG: mp4 files won't play in Windows 10 or 7 players

I'm rendering a project for a pro video house from 1080i, 29.97 to mp4 level 4.1 at various bitrates.

Windows refuses to play the resulting files. VLC Media Player will. What's up?

I don't own copyright on this, but for 15 seconds let's call it "Fair Use."

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. BUG: mp4 files won't play in Windows 10 or 7 players

I'm rendering a project for a pro video house from 1080i, 29.97 to mp4 level 4.1 at various bitrates.

Windows refuses to play the resulting files. VLC Media Player will. What's up?

I don't own copyright on this, but for 15 seconds let's call it "Fair Use."

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 不要月租 一次買斷

Ps Ai Br Ld Ae En Pr Au 月租會影響電腦的系統
    希望是一次買斷
    需要更新看個人
    希望貴公司不要再強迫我們更新
    你們為何不能學學Apple 其他系統 呢
    還是你們的能力不足呢
    還是你怕你們沒錢
    還是你們的行銷能力不夠才需要月租

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG: Media Encoder changes the final color of video

Media Encoder is changing video colors at render time. When I render straight from Premiere, the colors are normal.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base