Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hardware encoding for VBR 2 pass.

Please allow hardware encoding as an option for VBR 2 pass. VBR 2 pass only has the option for software encode. I understand it is by design but why?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Droppable menu bar icon MacOS

Hi, I find myself dropping movies that need to be converted on the menu bar icon at least a few times a day. But that doesn't work, although it seems so intuitive. Any chance that could be implemented?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cannot sign in with youtube

WIll not allow me to sign in to my youtube - will prompt me for email to sign in and then will close the window.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Media Encoder Export Problem / Export unsuccessful

After finishing editing the video in Adobe Premiere (ONLY IN LAST UPDATED version) and sending the project to Adobe Media Encoder, the process of export gets BLOCKED.

This problem started to appear from 2 weeks ago!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want to make presentation usb drives.

I want to make presentation usb drives. You pop a DVD into a computer and a menu comes up with the videos etc that are on the DVD and the user selects. I can not find the same option for usb drives, which is amazing to me.
    I have ten grandchildren and I would love to be able to send them individualized usb drives that they can put into a computer and they would be presented with a menu from which they could choose which media they wanted .

Thanks,
    Rick Adams

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BUG - Multiple Outputs from Single Source File Fails / Is Inconsistent

Trying to export two versions / sizes to H264 MP4 from a source 1080p ProRes file. I'm using CUDA accelerated Mercury Playback Engine. AME behavior is inconsistent. First attempt resulted in one of the two desired outputs being completed successfully, with the second output failing without an error.

Tried switching to CPU Mercury Playback Engine, re-added file to the queue, set desired outputs, but this time both output files failed to render. No error, just failed.

I switched back to CUDA accelerated, re-added file/outputs, and this time both files output successfully.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, with an AMD Threadripper…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Arri RAW HDE Encoding Support

Currently there is no support for Arri RAW that has been encoded with codex HDE. Please add support for this format asap.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Transform Effect in Premiere results on bugged render in Encoder

When rendering a video for my YT channel, I used the transform effect in Premiere and everything was normal, after rendering without checking, I saw the end result, and it every file that I've used the transform effect in premiere was off from where I placed them. Then I checked the preview on render queue at Encoder, and even when previewing it was wrong. Then I double checked in premiere to see if the problem was the file. Turns out that in premiere everything was in the right place, and rendered as expected. Hope I have discoverd an error/bug to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Transform Effect in Premiere results on bugged render in Encoder

When rendering a video for my YT channel, I used the transform effect in Premiere and everything was normal, after rendering without checking, I saw the end result, and it every file that I've used the transform effect in premiere was off from where I placed them. Then I checked the preview on render queue at Encoder, and even when previewing it was wrong. Then I double checked in premiere to see if the problem was the file. Turns out that in premiere everything was in the right place, and rendered as expected. Hope I have discoverd an error/bug to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Transform Effect in Premiere results on bugged render in Encoder

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Import multiple sequences non natively

When you press "Edit" > "Preferences..." and un-check the box where it says "Import sequences natively", you can only import one sequence at a time which is quite time consuming if you are exporting stock footage.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG! Media Offline in Exports

I am experiencing clips to be shown as offline in the exports through Media Encoder that are linked and playable in the Premiere file.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Old AME files remover

It would be great to have an integrated tool or menu option that allows you to access a list of all the .AME files stored in your computer so that you can remove them easily when you don't need them instead of having to manually look for each file.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make it work.

Why would we use Premiere and After Effects if we cannot render anything properly via the Media Encoder? 9/10 times the encoder will not render because it cannot connect to the project. Internal renderers suck because they lack support for multiple file types.

Idea: Media Encoder should be embedded within After Effects and Premiere Pro, in stead of a seperate disabled piece of **** software.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix issue with Apple Keynote ProRes 4444 .mov not being recognized by ME or Premiere Pro

We're recently running into an issue where Apple Keynote ProRes 4444 .mov files are opening fine in QuickTime, Handbrake or VLC perfectly fine, but are getting errors trying to open in Media Encoder or Premiere Pro.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring back Wraptor DCP Scope

Please bring back a scope option for DCP exports, 4K would also be highly appreciated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix the opening of files made with Apple Compressor / FCPx

Hi,

Since the current and previous version of Apple Compressor/FCPx, prores422 quicktime files made with that cannot be openend with Adobe Media encoder nor Final Cut X.
    Can this please be fixed? Since we recieve files from all over the world with this error in it and it's a pain ********** that Adobe can't open them.
    With kind regards,

Mr. Y

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. video and audio are not synchronized

when using AMD GPU with the latest ME & PR version 14.5

update: the problem is still in the new 14.7 version. plz compare the two videos I uploaded.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Remove black bars automatically

Many videos I get are with black bars on the top or bottom.
    "With the power of Adobe Sensei", detect black bars, crop the video, save in the same format and quality.
    It can be a preset, it can be a checkbox in a preset or it can be a script.
    optional: add a XX pixels inset from the crop for sharper edges.
    It must be "drag, run, see folder". If so, it can be a killer feature.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Start queue automatically becomes un-ticked in Preferences

As per title. I've had this bug for a long time, including after a completely clean Windows and Premiere/Me install.

Regularly the "Start queue automatically" preference becomes un-ticked.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base