Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG - Closed Captioning off-center

BUG - My 480p project with subtitles, the subtitles export off-center when I put it through Media Encoder, but are centered correctly when I export in Premiere.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Having a play option in the edit window to see how an edit looks and sounds

It is difficult to see how an edit looks without the ability to play the file in the edit window. The ability to play and scrub through media effectively would help so much

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. bug

After updating to version 14.3.2, mts file proxy creation is no longer possible. It is a non-target file.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: Can´t export after effects transitions

When i try to use zoom warp transitions, tile rotation transitions and others the encoding fails and nothing is working to fix it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Network - send Job to Media Encoder via shared network

We need a way to send a export job to another computer to do the exproting just like Davinci Resolve can do it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. YouTube Cannot connect

After authorizing my Youtube account in the PUBLISH tab from Media Encoder my video fails to upload.

08/20/2020 10:56:30 PM : YouTube - {
    "error": {

"code": 401,

&quot;message&quot;: &quot;Request had invalid authentication credentials. Expected OAuth 2 access token, login cookie or other valid authentication credential. See <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/devconsole-project.&quot;">https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/devconsole-project.&quot;</a>,
    &quot;errors&quot;: [
    {
    &quot;message&quot;: &quot;Invalid Credentials&quot;,
    &quot;domain&quot;: &quot;global&quot;,
    &quot;reason&quot;: &quot;authError&quot;,
    &quot;location&quot;: &quot;Authorization&quot;,
    &quot;locationType&quot;: &quot;header&quot;
    }
    ],
    &quot;status&quot;: &quot;UNAUTHENTICATED&quot;

}
    }

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Correct the file upload limit for Facebook.

Correct the file upload limit for Facebook. The upload limit for Facebook in the Media Encoder is very old at 1.75 GB. The current (2020) Facebook upload limit for videos and in their api is 10 GB. See https://developers.facebook.com/docs/video-api/guides/publishing/. Please increase the file upload limit for Facebook to 10 GB.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option for Straight or Premultiplied Alpha like After Effects

A lot of my work requires a lot of older formats. While I can do the same thing through After Effects I would love the option to select Straight Alpha or Premultiplied Alpha.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow queue to continue processing during publish to media sites

In the modern world of multithreaded computers I can't for the life of me understand why Media Encoder has to wait for a file to publish before continuing with the queue. Please can we have uploading happen at the same time as processing. Sorenson Media Encoder used to do this 8 years ago. It can't be that hard.

The problem is uploads of large files can take time so it end's up being quicker to let ME continue rendering and manually uploading the files - which has little to no effect on render times. For this reason I never use…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adobe Video Player?

Lot's of workflows need VLC as a player (even on Mac OS, since Avid and Apple can't find a way to play DNxHD in Catalina). Wouldn't it be great if Adobe featured its own player. That just plays all formats that AE and AME can export?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adding color Metadata tags to Rec 709 files

AME is not able to export Rec709 Color Metadata like the Color Primaries and Color matrix to exported files. These information are crucial for interpreting the footage correctly in a color managed workflow. Up till now, i am using Resolve (free!!) to burn that information into my files. Could you pleas add this functionality? that'd be great for professional workflows.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Media Encoder does not work

Adobe Video Encoder funktioniert nicht. Es kommt folgende Fehlermeldung: - Codierungsdauer:00:02:04

07/18/2020 07:00:13 PM : Codierung fehlgeschlagen

Fehler beim Export
    Fehler beim Kompilieren des Films.

Fehler beim Rendern

Fehler beim Rendern.

Schreiben mit Exporter: H.264
    Schreiben in Datei: \?\C:\Users\admin\Documents\right now cole and dylan bday (konvertiert)_AME\Komp 1.mp4
    Dateityp wird geschrieben: H264
    Um Timecode: 00;00;10;04 - 00;00;10;12
    Rendering bei Offset: 10,143 Sekunden
    Komponente: H.264 vom Typ Exporter
    Selektor: 9
    Fehlercode: -1609629695

• Codierungsdauer:00:01:53
      07/18/2020 07:02:07 PM : Codierung fehlgeschlagen

Fehler beim Export
    Fehler beim Kompilieren des Films.

Fehler beim Rendern

Fehler beim Rendern.

Schreiben mit Exporter: H.264
    Schreiben in Datei: \?\C:\Users\admin\Documents\right now cole…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Launching encode puts Mac to sleep

The last two times I have hit go on an encode, my computer has immediately gone to sleep- which disconnects my NAS. It is a 2014 iMac and my current files are 4K but it shouldn't be taking a Nanna-nap every time I do an encode. Meanwhile there is a 5 sec delay on these key strokes while typing so I am a little worried about ME working the computer too hard.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Código de error: -1609629695

Encore da el siguiente error y se para el proceso:
    Código de error: -1609629695

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Media Encoder randomly exports glitched/bad frames

When queueing a 4K30 timeline from Premiere into Media Encoder and exporting to H.265, random frames will display this pink/orange/purple vertical striped pattern in the exported file. This is not visible when editing nor is it in the source footage (ProRes Proxy 4K60 footage in multicam sequences).

This did not seem to occur when exporting 4K60 H.265, only when using 4K60 source footage in a completely 4K30 timeline. This glitching occurred when Media Encoder actually successfully exported the file because many times, AME would display "Accelerated Renderer Error" until media from that sequence was copied into a new one and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Media Encoder randomly exports glitched/bad frames

When queueing a 4K30 timeline from Premiere into Media Encoder and exporting to H.265, random frames will display this pink/orange/purple vertical striped pattern in the exported file. This is not visible when editing nor is it in the source footage (ProRes Proxy 4K60 footage in multicam sequences).

This did not seem to occur when exporting 4K60 H.265, only when using 4K60 source footage in a completely 4K30 timeline. This glitching occurred when Media Encoder actually successfully exported the file because many times, AME would display "Accelerated Renderer Error" until media from that sequence was copied into a new one and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. H.265 4K60 exports randomly fail imported from Premiere; copying media to a new sequence temporarily fixes

When a 4K60 (or even 4K30) sequence is queued in H.265 from Premiere, Media Encoder often fails with the error "Error compiling movie" and "Accelerated Renderer Error." Software rendering has no effect. Sequence is composed of multicam sequences with ProRes Proxy source footage at 4K60.

Memory usage skyrockets and CPU/GPU usage drops shortly before failing and does so at random timecodes. Often times, copying the media from one sequence to a new sequence and queueing that sequence instead with no changes made to it since copying will allow Media Encoder to export that sequence only once before having to copy…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Publish directly on Facebook Business

At the moment, publish video to Facebook, goes straight to live, although business' prepare their posts in advance and using Facebook Business for both organic and paid posts. Publish here is best for this sense. Thank you, Sérgio.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG! Media Encoder Freezes my entire screen, and forces me to shut my computer!

This has happened many times since I've updated to the latest version of Media Encoder 14.3 (Build 39). I'd place a video in the Queue and hit Play and it will start the first frame and then freeze my entire machine only letting me move the mouse, but can't click anything or use my keyboard to try to force quit or anything, and the only way to get out of it is to force shut off my iMac and restart the machine.

I've had this issue happen to me over 10 times already!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ALL APPS. resize to screen size easily when going from large monitor to small

My 4096x2160 monitor just died. I am having to use a 1920x1080 monitor, Illustrator and Media ancoder windows are still huge and there is no way, other than deleting preference files to get them to normal size. Windows size button is top right, off screen and window base is off lower screen so no way of resizing windows

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base