Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The link between Premiere and media encoder doesn't work. fixe that would be a good start.

The link between Premiere and media encoder doesn't work. fixe that would be a good start.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I can't export files from the After Effects to Media Encoder (both newest version)

Can't export nothing, the dinamic link is broke, nothing works and its affecting my job in my company.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AVCHD 2.0 (MVC) stereo 3D

I need support for AVCHD 2.0 MVC as delivered by Sony or Panasonic S3D cameras. I'd like to convert these files to Cineform Codec by Media Encoder. GoPro Studio made this on Windows but is not available anymore. Until now Media Encoder only encodes the left eye to Cineform codec.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding an option to export animated GIF's in 60 fps.

Having to export things in 50 fps via the Animated GIF option gets close to perfect, but 60 fps is the dream option. GIF Sequence at 60 fps doesn't work for any of my project, as it works its way on 6 fps and puts the total time of the GIF to about 10x longer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. DOUBLE CLICK TO RESET THE SLIDERS

Premiere Pro has an option to reset the sliders of Lumetri Color when you hit twice on them.

Your developing team could add this functionality to all the sliders of all the effects of all the Adobe video & audio apps.

It could be awesome ;)

TKS, Adobe

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can you please make version 2015.3 available for download and install again?

Can you please make version 2015.3 available for download and install again?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Publish as Email

Just like how we can publish to social media direct from Premiere/encoder

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug: Some dpx files are processed in a wrong way by Media Encoder while Photoshop works properly on same files

Bug: Some dpx files are processed in a wrong way by Media Encoder, while Photoshop works properly on same files.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. encoding status percentage

The status bar could really use a percentage number on how far the encoding is. Sometimes for example I want to know when half of the encoding is done.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Poor encoding performance from C300 Mark II 4K MXF files

<Need to create intermediate ProRes files from my originals for a client>

I'm seeing 4 thread max utilization (of 24) & no GPU load on mac pro 5,1's (3 machines, various versions of AME tested)

2K files from camera (and other formats) perform fine (ie full utilization + GPU where appropriate).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. H264 Blu Ray encoded files from AME 2019 cause Encore CS6 to crash

AME 2019 Blu Ray encoded files cause Encore CS6 to freeze, AME 2018 encoded files work fine.
    Please fix.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PAL Specification is wrong

Why does the same mistake with the PAL format specification repeat for several generations of your product? Why PAL you have a different pixel aspect ratio than it actually is? This constantly creates problems in the work! We make videos in Full HD format, and then create a master for the air, including in the PAL format. Full HD 16x9 Square Pixels = 1920x1080. PAL Widescreen 16x9 square pixels = 1024x768. PAL Widescreen non-square = 720x576. 1024/720 = 1.4222, not 1.4587, as indicated in your programs, and therefore you always have to artificially edit these values with your hands and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. allow for some method of encode or encoding which all users can share in or use .... keep short cuts up by adobe for future use.

allow for some method of encode or encoding which all users can share in or use .... keep … so that the next time I come back something adobe did in the past will ring true and perhaps still exist?? Is that too much to ask??

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Estimated Remaning Render Time way off

It still takes the same amount of time as earlier versions where the estimated remaining render time was correct but in 2019 in estimates 12 hours not the 2 hours it will really take

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add append preset name to file name to ingest method

It looks like using the ingest method doesn't get the "append preset name to file name" option despite it being checked in my preferences. We need a field for it in the ingest method (right now, only Custom text/Date/Time/File Name).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Wish List

Wish List
    -Add prefix and suffix options to presets

-Add trim start and tail of clip to preset - Example: Remove 250 frames from start and 170 frames from the end. Broadcast files have idents and vision holds that clients don't want to see

-Add 'super preset' although you can add more than one preset to files, this requires a few more steps than there needs to be. A super preset is one preset you can drag onto a clip(s) that contains more than one preset within it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow me to adjust volume of chime when queue finishes

Just a simple thing, allow me to raise/lower volume of the chime that indicates the queue is finished.

I use headphones, and while the queue is going I'll jump back into working on a timeline, the clips usually are quiet because I haven't done an audio mix, so up the volume goes...and then the queue finishes and my ears get shot by the chime.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug Report: MPEG 2 won't render if output set to SD (720x480)

Presets that we have for SD mpeg2 vids no longer work with AME CC 2019. Error msg is "Export Error. Error Compiling movie"

Source file is ProRes LT, other presets do work. If I change the export file dimensions to 1280x720 (or higher), Things works as expected. But no love for an SD export.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base