Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 55 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Distributed Rendering

The Creative Cloud suite needs the ability to use other resources connected to the same network for distributed rendering.

Installing a small program on other connected machines would allow the primary machine to use the available CPU/GPU and memory of connected machines to speed up render/export duties.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Watch folders with subfolders

Watch folders should be able to also watch and encode from subfolders. Having all footage in one folder or having to create multiple watch folders is very inefficient and impractical when dealing with a lot of footage.

I would also like to be able to use Media Encoder to automatically render small HEVC backup files of all new footage to be sent to offsite backup. Setting my whole video project directory as a watch folder with subfolders would allow this; the output folder would be easy to back up.

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. caption

Captions fail to be rendered when batch exporting from Premier

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Save queue function for Encoder. So we can save on one machine and open up on more powerful rendering machine :-)

Save queue function for Encoder. So we can save on one machine and open up on more powerful rendering machine :-)

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Distrubuted Processing, Export with multiple computers

Similar to Compressor on macOS — add the ability for users to queue and export a Premiere Pro timeline on another workstation(s). Editors can be liberated to work on the next project as the last finishes in a queue on another computer.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatic naming of outputs

Naming rules for files and folders.
    As we have presets for encoding preferences, such should be for naming convention of files and the automation of creating new folders.

for example:
    For the "save to" folder I selected: D:\Projects\MyMovie\
    Enecoded file, JPG SEQ named: Scn1_####.jpg
    and third place output in the outputs list
    with a QT preset named "QTpreview":

A naming rule such: \%FileName\%index_%FileName.ext

will save as: D:\Projects\MyMovie\Scn1\3_Scn1.mov
    *Underscore and numbers should not be included unless
    a different rule is used.

A naming rule such \%index\%preset.ext

will save as D:\Projects\MyMovie\3\QTpreview.mov

More rules can be used such as date, Time code extra. …

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Append custom file name on export

I would like to append a custom name to the end or beginning of a file name on export. Yes, I know you can select an option saying "Append preset name to filename on export", but I don't need this all the time. It would be much simpler if this was an option that is chosen within the preset itself. This would create much more flexibility when exporting.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Overall queue estimated remaining time

It would be great to have an estimated time remaining for a whole batch of videos. Currently the remaining time is only displayed per output node in the Encoding Panel.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. App for Media Encoder to send progress status/updates to your phone

App for Media Encoder to send progress status/updates to your phone so you know when it's finished processing footage. This way, you can leave your computer to do the work and be notified when the job's done or is nearing completion.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unable to produce frame

Since upgrading from 2017 to 2018 we can not use the Media Encoder batch processing feature any more. After 1 or 2 processed videos Media Encoder fails and we get the following error message:

Export Error
    Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame.

Writing with exporter: QuickTime
    Writing to file: R:\5760-Cineform\Incoming\ATM00442-Australia-Kangaroos-on-Beach-5760x2880-29-97fps-Cineform-2-Min-Col-Stereo-Sound.mov
    Around timecode: 00;02;49;19 - 00;02;49;23
    Rendering at offset: 130.998 seconds
    Component: QuickTime of type Exporter
    Selector: 9
    Error code: -1609629695

We would love to be able to render overnight again, rather than rendering each file from Premiere for 30-40 minutes before being able to work on…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Rotate and flip videos

it will be usefull to have the chance to rotate the videos, so you can do it faster, whitout the need of other adobe software

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Batch Destination/Naming Settings

Very frustrating that it isn't possible to change the export folder/filenames in bulk.

Compressor has done this well for years, with the ability to create presets for common destinations and file naming structures.

Something like that would be super useful.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Media Encoder using up all RAM and crashing my computer on batch exports

Media encoder always worked fine for me up until the first 2018 CC update. Since then AME has been pretty close to useless. AME will use up all of my machine's RAM, (64gb) no matter how much I limit or increase the RAM usage within preferences. I've set all of my cache and memory folders to an external drive and I've exhausted every option to try and address this issue both on my own and with the assistance of adobe customer support and nothing works. The latest update of AME did not fix the issue either. It is killing the…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change Name of "Source" Folder when using Watch Folders

When using a Watch Folder, ME moves the original file to a folder called Source and places it under a sub-folder named with the date and time.

This means that locating the original file requires knowledge of when it was processed. Not a big deal when managing only a few files, but a huge pain for a large number of files, particularly when multiple editors need to locate those files.

At a bare minimum, I would like the be able to set the sub-folder name to the same as the original file. Appending a "_#" tot he folder name in…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. PLEASE allow custom destination paths for each preset respectively

We constantly have to encode one commercial sport to multiple markets (20+) across the US. Each market has it's own video specs. It would REALLY be a time saver to have each preset go to a predetermined destination, instead of all going into one folder then having to sort them out. Please?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Watch folder/image sequence/waiting user controlled image count

Watch a folder where image sequences are rendered but wait a user define image count before processing.
    ex : watch a folder or sub folders >if watch folder or subfolder have x files then start batch processing this folder

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Preferences: determine default transcode/export preset from MediaEncoder for any source's incoming file

Predetermine the output of MediaEncoder (ME) via "Preferences": ME is not only useful in the Adobe's App ballpark but also very welcome on already delivered files that need to be transcoded. Well, there is a "default destination" one can determine in the settings but there is no "default transcode" to set before one brings in files from an external source (let's say EVS ProRes(HQ) off a multi-cam recording or even an H.264 off any drone) and pre-determine the output setting.
    This should be available in the settings of ME!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. when media encoder finishes a file allow the user to say where the ORIGINAL should go (currently its a long-date-stamped folder)

Media Encoder puts all original media in ugly folders, it would be nice for example if the file could be put in a new folder as the same name of the file or even a user specified folder.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. possible to instal prevoius version (12) to be able to work again with ME ?

possible to instal previous version (12) to be able to work again with ME ?
    Download from where ?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base