Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Media Encoder reduces CBR on software mode

When encoding in software mode at 40 Mbit/s CBR, the encoder roughly halves that number (20,3 Mbit/s) even though it should be set to 40 Mbit/s.
    When doing the same thing using the hardware encoder, the bitrate is a solid 40 Mbit/s.
    This seems like a significant bug, particularly when encoding 4K video, since the hardware encoder can't handle bitrates above 60 Mbits/s.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ability to encode video from variable to constant fps!

Handbreak can do this, so why can't the best video encoder on the market do it yet?

Ability to convert a variable framerate video to a constant framerate video

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Media Encoder hanging because of 100% CPU

Various threads on here about poor performance in Media Encoder. System Manager in Win10 1907 shows constantly 100% CPU with 88%>>95% consumed by AME.

See attached file. Some Devs in Adobe don't know how to code ...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Freeze when render clip with AU plugin

When try to export some clip with an AU audio plugin used (on Mac), AME freezes the process as I let's start the queue. Nothing happens and I must force quit the application. Rendering of the same clip inside Premiere Pro works fine. Hope you can fix it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Preferences: determine default transcode/export preset from MediaEncoder for any source's incoming file

Predetermine the output of MediaEncoder (ME) via "Preferences": ME is not only useful in the Adobe's App ballpark but also very welcome on already delivered files that need to be transcoded. Well, there is a "default destination" one can determine in the settings but there is no "default transcode" to set before one brings in files from an external source (let's say EVS ProRes(HQ) off a multi-cam recording or even an H.264 off any drone) and pre-determine the output setting.
    This should be available in the settings of ME!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix bug when exporing MP4 - Audio falls around 10ms out of sync

This seems to be the same problem others have had described here:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2285436

When exporting to H.264 in MP4 the audio falls around 10ms out of sync. Very confusing. All other formats seem to be fine. I have even exported to ProRes 422 HQ, then taken that file directly into AME and the audio was off. See the picture attached, where the first track is video, second track is correct audio exported from sound studio and third track is the mp4 exported, with sound out of sync. We have tried many different settings, but the fact that it works with…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix the LUT selection, PLEASE. Or make some sort of batch process for it.

Impossible to select a LUT in the dropdown menu of AME.
    Nor to install additional ones for that matter.
    (A quick look to the LUT folder it seems their own .cube LUT don't show). Even if I convert my LUT to .itx : it won't work.

I can't batch process a project lut --or any technical lut, within AME.
    So please, at least give us a workaround because it's making AME and watch-folders completely useless for my use.

I also see this problem has been raised several times over the years, and no fix in the horizon...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Why does the CPU continue to work when the rendering has been finished?

After rendering of a video has been finisched one CPU-core has full load all the time until I close the the Media Encoder CC 2018 completely.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. NVENC and VCE

Could you add support for GPU Hardware transcoding technology? Nvidia's NVENC and AMD's VCE technology, either of these would literally allow export times of 4k video at 200Mbps to take as long as the video's length is, rather than succumbing us to literal HOURS of export times for videos that are less than 10 minutes.

I have combed over the user forums and some of Adobe staff claim that it isn't doable. Yet here is the SDK site for NVENC:
    https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk

This technology has been around since the Kepler era of Nvidia GPUs. Which was 7 years ago since the…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Timer set to short

I have a bunch of videos being converted to smaller files. I run them when I'm not in the office. Well, the thing is every little while the Adobe window pops up asking if it is still me and I have to click "continue" to stay signed in and every time the window pops up the Adobe programs stop what they are doing so only a couple videos get done. The sign in window is messing up our work flow. It is going to be a real pain if all semester you have to stay with the computer or come…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Creative Cloud timer to short

I have a bunch of videos being converted to smaller files. I run them when I'm not in the office. Well, the thing is every little while the Adobe window pops up asking if it is still me and I have to click "continue" to stay signed in and every time the window pops up the Adobe programs stop what they are doing so only a couple videos get done. The sign in window is messing up our work flow. It is going to be a real pain if all semester you have to stay with the computer or come…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Reset

A way to properly & totally remove the cache. I had a project and AME would NOT encode the latest version.

I went to AME, prefs, media and cleaned the cache, but I still had the same problem. I finally had to output in PP which gave me the correct version.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MATCH SOURCE AUDIO BUTTON

Please make it an option to either bypass audio compression, or match the source file's number of tracks so that we don't need to adjust how many tracks for each individual file for larger projects. Take a page out of Apple's compressor for this please.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Esc key stops the render.

I had 1hr long render sequence which got ‘stopped’ when I hit esc key. It should have atleast given a warning before stopping the render. I didnt even realise that media encoder window was active before hitting the esc key which was meant for something else.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Media Encoder not exporting audio effects

Media Encoder making lots of mistakes in latest version, especially in audio where it is not exporting anything on a submix bus. Reverb on a submix doens't work at all when exporting with Media Encoder.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add an option to rotate on export

It would save time making precomps and rotating in new comp

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Guys! Please fix this ******* encoder, I wait ******* 3 minute when it readining XMP, and what **** you need to dymnamic link connection!!

I wait 3 minute when it readining XMP, and what you need to dymnamic link connection!! After that I try create mp4 and set parametrs to 10 mb, so that encoder do always 120 mb! FUCKK!!!! !!! what wrong with you Guys!!!? Now I use CS6 for render, because I can't create with super--puper new encoder good compressed ***** video files!

Thank you,
    Best regard
    ******** sincerely yours
    Denis Romanov
    and waiting

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. WHY DID YOU REMOVE SUPPORT FOR MKV FILES??!!!

Why would you remove support for mkv files in the latest version??

OBS on windows records to mkv files and many people use it for screen captures, mkv is the recommended file type in OBS because it will save the file to the drive even if OBS crashes; MP4 will not do that.. So now I can't import ANY screencaptures I've done into Premiere Pro, or Media Encoder............................. This is extremely frustrating.

At the very lease Media Encoder should be able to convert it to a format that Premiere will be able to use.

We live in a time where…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base