Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fast start

Allow setting moov atom at the front of the file (fast start) to appease youtube!

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [BUG] Importing multiple After Effects compositions requires unnecessary additional steps

When I open an After Effects project in the Media Browser and drag multiple Comps into the Queue, I get prompted to navigate to the Comp for each Comp that I have added to the Queue. It seems to be a bug.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Email when Encoding Item Completes

Add the option to send an email once a specific task has finished. For example, if a task is set to publish to youtube, and email containing the URL to the youtube page would be awesome.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Get a text when an encode/export job is done.

I would love to get a text or phone notification when a job finishes encoding so I can leave the studio and come back when its done.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adobe Media Encoder is Crashing on Batch Exports

Adobe Media Encoder CC2018 - Latest Update is crashing on Batch Queues. Initially it was a proxy exports and I just recently saw it happen with a batch queue of sequences for review / master file delivery.

Late-2015 Retina iMac 5K, Spec'd Out
    Thunderbay 12TB RAID 5
    MAC OS X 10.12.6 (16G1114)

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow rendering while playing back in Premiere

When I batch export videos in Media Encoder, the rendering process is paused when I push play in Premiere Pro. The whole point of queueing videos in Media Encoder is to do it in the background, and by pausing the render that defeats the purpose. I've read (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2228890) that this was by design, but the ability to toggle that option would be really helpful.

I have 2 Xeon processors and 144 GB of RAM, so my computer can handle rendering and 4k playback. I know this because I often restart the render in Media Encoder while editing in…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have a default Preset

Being able to right-click a preset and setting "Make Default" would be fantastic. I know AME is supposed to apply whatever preset you last used, but that only works when AME has not crashed. I'd find it incredibly useful to be able to set AME to, by default, always apply the default Preset unless I changed it.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Watch folders with subfolders

Watch folders should be able to also watch and encode from subfolders. Having all footage in one folder or having to create multiple watch folders is very inefficient and impractical when dealing with a lot of footage.

I would also like to be able to use Media Encoder to automatically render small HEVC backup files of all new footage to be sent to offsite backup. Setting my whole video project directory as a watch folder with subfolders would allow this; the output folder would be easy to back up.

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Fade In/Out. Would help with Image Overlays.

Currently, Bug stays on while video fades up. I want both to fade in/out. Compressor has this feature. Why doesn't Encoder?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve "Remaining time" estimate when rendering Character Animator scenes

When rendering a Character Animator scene, the "Elapsed" time counter starts immediately but it does not have an estimate for the "Remaining" time until it has done some thinking. (This can take minutes for some scenes.) As soon as it starts generating frames, the "Remaining" counter is updated. This is all fine.

The problem is the Remaining estimate is based on the initial "think" time plus the rate at which it has been generating frames. So the Remaining time initial estimate is higher than it needs to be and drops rapidly.

The correct way to compute the remaining time is…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make image sequences available at import

Just make image sequences available at import.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Image Sequences are already supported via the Media Browser in AME.

Formats currently supported are listed here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/file-formats-supported-import.html

If there’s a format that you’d like to see supported that currently is not on this list, please let us know.

If there’s a specific workflow you’re trying to achieve that isn’t possible via the image sequence format support in the product today, please add more detail as to what you’re trying to accomplish.

Thanks
    Patrick

12. droplet

I would be awesome to have the ability to create Droplets like FCP Compressor used to do.
    Just a icon where you drop a file and automate the process to do the encoding process that you choose when you create the droplet!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Rendering background set in composition from after effects (rather than reverting it to black) so as to aid in 2.5D animation.

Rendering background set in composition from after effects (rather than reverting it to black) so as to aid in 2.5D animation.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. OGG OGV

Seriously ... Adobe needs to add these output formats... how long have users been asking for it? How many replies have I seen suggesting using another media encoding software? Wake up Adobe!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Need to be able to pause encoding queue, reboot computer, and resume queue.

Continual forced Windows updates destroying workflow. I am converting hundreds of videos in an archive. My queues can take days of processing. If a forced-boot update is pushed to the computer, the queue is lost.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Distrubuted Processing, Export with multiple computers

Similar to Compressor on macOS — add the ability for users to queue and export a Premiere Pro timeline on another workstation(s). Editors can be liberated to work on the next project as the last finishes in a queue on another computer.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BROADCAST

Media Encoder presets could be more faithful with the You Tube, Vimeo and Instagram settings. Its important to preserve the video quality.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. LOSSLESS QUALITY

Media Encoder could has a tool to control the settings to export compressed content without lose quality in terms of human vision.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Set Limit File Size

Please add an option to Set Limit File Size!

Thanks

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keyframes in audio effects ignored (BUG)

When exporting to h.264 from Premiere Pro CC 2018, the Media Encoder ignores the first set of keyframes in audio effects. This results in a weird jumps in the audio effects at the beginning of the video. To replicate:

1) Apply the Mastering audio effect to a clip
    2) Create some keyframes with initial values for a few parameters
    3) Create a second set of keyframes later in the clip that modify those same parameters
    4) Create a third set of keyframes modifying those parameters
    5) Export the video to h.264 mp4 using Media Encoder

Expected behavior:

Video should contain…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base