Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There should be a "Based on Source" option for the audio as well as video.

Many issues with the Premiere Pro Project Manager, Proxy Creation, and Ingest can be avoided if you could simply have presets that work with all audio configurations. In many instances you would want the transcoded media to have an identical audio layout to the original. Its essential, in fact, when creating proxies and archiving sequences using Project Manager....yet, there is no option to do this.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Webm support

Has webm is becoming an important video format for the web.
    It would be nice Media Encoder support it (from and to).

90 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Frame padding

Having custom/fixed frame padding while exporting image sequences is a good idea. VFX software like Nuke doesn't allow multiple frame paddings.

Ex: If we render image sequence which ranges from 1 to 1000 frames then it would be

Images.01.png
    Images.02.png
    Images.99.png
    images.100.png (Here the padding > 2)
    Images.999.png
    Images.1000.png (Here the padding > 3)

In the above case, Nuke will interpret Multiple reads nodes for each padding increment.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Media Encoder crashes constantly.

I believe it is the dynamic line manager that is actually the problem. I have to output about a 100 promos a session. Seems like a great reason to use the "Render que". After getting about 15 spots into the Render que, Premire starts to hang up (like I can't "goto inpoint") and Encoder will stop adding to the que. At this point I have to reboot and resend everything back into the que. Most days I just render the spots one at a time. This has become a huge waste of time.
    MacPro (trash Can), High Sierra
    64gb, 2…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sometimes, some audio tracks don't export

Render are inconsistent since the last update.
    Using version 12.1, Build 171.
    I am always forced to check the whole rendered files because sometimes, some audio tracks don't get rendered. When opening the project in Premiere to confirm everything was ok, the track that wasn't rendered now doesn't play, although it should, and I have to mute and unmute the track, save the project, render again.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the ability to fade in/out video as well as audio. Useful for when pulling quick selecys for a demo reel

Add the ability to fade in/out video as well as audio. Useful for when pulling quick selecys for a demo reel

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adobe Media Encoder bug - Media Offline for captions w/ After Effects

I've encountered a strange bug. I have captions and an After Effects lower third on two different tracks on a timeline. Using Mac OSX 10.13.4, AME 12.1, Premiere 12.1.

If I render out of Premiere, no problems.

If I send to AME and try to render, the caption track renders as "Media Offline".

If I delete all content such that only the caption and the AE clips exist, the caption track renders as "Media Offline".

However, if I delete the AE content (turning off visibility doesn't do it) then the captions will render normally in AME.

It doesn't matter where…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Convert .webm to mp4 or mov

I am sometimes sent webm videos or must convert to webm and I would like to be able to do so without downloading or using an outside converter.

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 12.0.1 Crashes constantly, had to down grade to 12.0

I had to downgrade the recent update because it just would not work on my system. I had to downgrade Premiere Pro as well. Before that that I tried uninstalling and re-installing, checked startup and services to make sure everything was enabled, etc. I have an older laptop on Windows 10 and I keep everything up to date. I have not worked with the any of the other recent upates yet to se if they have similar issues.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Merge audio & video into new video.

Sometimes you just need to shove some audio under a video. And booting up Premiere or After Effects is too much of a hassle. Let us merge audio and video and render that out to a new video.

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rendering a sequence from a Premiere Pro project file

I'd like to be able to set up watch folder for Media Encoder, and to accept sequences from Premiere Pro files (so i send my sequence from my computer, then render on a 2nd machine / server), without having to transfer source files to the 2nd computer.

Currently only already made videos can be moved to watch folders.
    And sequences within premiere project files have to manually be added to Media Encoder

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable hardware encoding / decoding for h264 and h265 - it's 2018

I have i9 7900x with Nvidia 1080ti and 64gb ram Win 10. Was excited to hear about hardware encoding for h264 and h265 (finally!!!). Was stunned to find out it's only for intel integrated graphics - it's an April Fools 2018 joke, right? I guess I'm still transcoding in other (free) software until Adobe catches up...

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a feature to dial back the export speed and save system resources

I don't always need an export to happen as quick as possible. If I want to continue editing in Premiere while ME exports, it's quite laggy, but I often don't mind if an export takes longer as long as I can continue working.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Media Encoder worker nodes

I would like to be able to add to a media encoder queue running on a separate computer on shared storage.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. can't select a custom lut

in 12.1 (171), in the "effects" tab on the "export settings" window, when "lumetri look/lut" is checked, I can't choose "select" from the drop down menu. when I click it, nothing happens.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 21 22 23 25 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base