Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let AME skip .mxf filenames in metadata

When converting .mxf videomixdowns, AME takes the filenames from the metadata inside the .mxf. For my vfx workflow,I would like the converted video to have the actual filename of the .mxf.
    Would be nice if this was an option.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. please add more function auto shut down PC after rendering and uploading to social media

please add more function auto shut down PC after rendering and uploading to social media

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't preload plugins on launch, only when needed.

Please, please can we improve launch time by not preloading all of our AE/PPro plugins (I have hundreds) unless they are actually needed. It takes an age. I can actually boot my whole Mac faster than I can open MediaEncoder from the same M2SSD. Ridiculous. It make ME almost impractical to use due simply to the launch time.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. amending footage after export / merging two videos

I find I export a video, then need to reexport the full clip again after a small client amend. I think being able to overwrite a section and rewarp the footage would be a great feature.

I find using tiffs sequences works for this as i can amend smaller sections till everything is correct then re import them all as one clip. I dont want to export a full video every time as some projects take a long time to export.

Surely this feature can be done with raw quicktime files.
    h264 would be a dream but i imagine that…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow uploading to Google Drive

Allow uploading to a Google Drive account and specific folder, particularly business accounts that do not support "Backup and Sync".

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow uploading to Google Drive

Allow uploading to a Google Drive account and specific folder, particularly business accounts that do not support "Backup and Sync".

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG: Media Encoder crop feature is broken

The Media Encoder crop feature is broken. When I set my crop to any values(left:288, top:162, right:288, bottom:162) it won't be saved when i hit ok nor when I save it as a preset.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Encoding Failure Since 2019 Update and October Nvidia Drivers

Many "A low-level exception occurred in: Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) (AcceleratedRenderer:10)" failures on H264 encodes since the Media Encoder 2019 update and requirement of latest Nvidia drivers (October 11 2018). Reverting to August Nvidia drivers did not help. Anything older and program says latest drivers required.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Broken Dynamic Link Connection (v16)

Ever since updating to the 2019 version of Creative Cloud, the Dynamic Link Server in Media Encoder is unable to connect when attempting to export AE compositions. In After Effects, the compositions don't transfer through the render queue or "Add to Media Encoder Queue" options. The only way to export is to select the comp through Media Encoder's media browser. Even through that, the compositions are not updated to recent changes even though the AE file has been saved.

Working on a 64GB iMac with macOS High Sierra with newly updated CC software.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. cannot open encoder after updating to OS mojave

please help...cannot open encoder after updating to OS mojave

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adobe Media Encoder CC 2019 - Taking 180 Hours to Render (was 6 Hours before the upgrade)

AME CC 2019 is taking 180 hours to render, while the normal would be 6 hours. HOWEVER there is a CATCH: This slowness came while the computer was NOT being used - overnight, in screen saver/standby mode. When I came in the morning and started using it, the 'Remaining' info in AME started to drop dramatically. Now it is about 78 hours to finish, and dropping. Doing some calculations here, it might finish in the 6-7 hour estimate, as long as I don't let the computer alone, I'm assuming. IMPORTANT to note: I did the same thing yesterday, same video,…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow to choose how many digit format for image sequence naming export

Allow user to type choose how many number digit format for the export sequence like in After Effect we can type out [####]

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Media Encoder 2019 Causes Flickering

Hi, I can't use the new 2019 Media Encoder for anything. It causes a lot of flickering. It may be related to reading Lumetri effects. I tried several different video formats and the flickering persists.

Attached a sample. At the beginning, the flickering is visible.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. h.265

H.265 encoding not available in windows 10 paid version. Mac version t appears

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add support for Nvidia's NVENC H.264/HEVC encoding

Add support for Nvidia's NVENC H.264/HEVC encoding to assist machines not equipped with Intel QuickSync

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Transcoding to Avid MXF Atom Media

Being able to transcode media to Avid MXF Atom media would be handy. We currently run Premiere and Avid suites so being able to link them up this way would be great.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Older Versions of Media Encoder to Be Installed

Adobe removed the ability to install older versions of Media Encoder. This is unacceptable, especially when businesses rely on features that were stripped from the newest release of Media Encoder. When our version bugged out and wouldn't pick up the license, I attempted to uninstall and reinstall, just to find out that there was no way to reinstall.

Please restore older version installations. I don't care about the Dolby being removed.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. AME from AE frame numbering?

Exporting frames to AME vs rendering within AE must remain consistent. AME sequences always start at 0000, instead of the work area start and end points, like they're supposed to. It essentially makes AME useless for frame sequences since you can't customize what you're rendering so that it overwrites the older frames. Its what makes frames sequence rendering so superior to file rendering. You only render the bits that need to be revised and don't have to wrangle multiple different video files for fixes. PLEASE FIX IT ALREADY. This can't be hard to do. MAKE OUR LIVES EASIER or we…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Shutdown computer after encoding queue is done

Media Encoder needs a button which asks for: "Shutdown computer after encoding is done". This option I found in all other encoders and video editing programmes I used so far.
    I can not beieve that this natural function is not in the big Adobe Media Encoder.
    I guess this has a politcal reason. Fix this!

This is the main idea of setting up a render queue in an external program. When you leave for the evening you press "start rendering" and then "shutdown computer when done".
    So the processor is used, when I do not need it at all.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shutdown computer after encoding queue is done

Media Encoder needs a button which asks for: "Shutdown computer after encoding is done". This option I found in all other encoders and video editing programmes I used so far.
    I can not beieve that this natural function is not in the big Adobe Media Encoder.
    I guess this has a politcal reason. Fix this!

This is the main idea of setting up a render queue in an external program. When you leave for the evening you press "start rendering" and then "shutdown computer when done".
    So the processor is used, when I do not need it at all.

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base