Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Media Encoder not rendering After Effects Files after Mac OS update

Please fix whatever bug is preventing Media encoder from rendering my comps from after effect. It stopped working correctly right after I updated Mac OS this morning.

Hangs on "Connecting to project..."

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Afterburner

Please add support for the Apple Afterburner Card if it’s not already implemented automatically when handling prores media.
    Ideally, Media encoder would be able to use the transcoding skills of the AB card when transcoding from h264 mxf media TO prores on the encoding side of things. Let the GPU and CPU handle the decoding of h264 but accelerate the encoding of prores through the AB card. This could be a massive time saver!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MAKE IT WORK

When you export video from animate and it's supposed to auto fill in to the queue, yeah make it do that, instead of you know, ******* nothing

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back .mov support please

I agree that .mov is outdated, but it is still a very typical format that drops in from time to time. Support for old formats is really really usefull, one never knows when they pop up. And it's stressfull to have to jump to free softwares like handbrake to get the job done

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Drag clips from sequence into media encoder

Currently there is no way to export individual clips from a Premiere Pro sequence while keeping any changes/effects that were made in the Effects Control panel window.

It would be great to simply drag and select all of the clips in a premiere pro sequence, then drag them into Media Encoder, or open them in Media encoder so that they all show up as individual clips to export.

This would be a great way to batch export clips WITH effects and changes for social media re-purposing, after using the new ReFrame feature in Premiere Pro. (from going from 16:9 Horizontal…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Не работает экспорт звука!

При экспорте из Premiere pro(кодек H.264) через Media Encoder не экспортируется звук.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add closed caption embedding support to AME watch folders

Add closed caption embedding support to AME watch folders.

File based workflows are more and more common in broadcast, where producers submit finished video and then later get a caption file back. Currently, someone must reopen the Premiere project and put the .mcc captions on the timeline on top of the video as an additional layer. Then export, and use a preset that has captions set to embed in video in AME.

For those of us with high volume of turnaround, it would be great if we could just put mxf video and mcc sidecar caption file into an AME…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please add CUDA support back into Media Encoder 2020 for macOS

Please add CUDA support back into Media Encoder 2020 for macOS. I use a Mac Pro Mid 2012 tower with an NVIDIA GTX 970 and 64GB of RAM. Only being allowed to use Metal as a renderer increases my export time to more than than 4x for the same sequences from ME 2019. I've tried using Premiere with Windows and Boot Camp, but can't properly edit multicam sequences in Windows on this thing because of constant audio drop outs and delays, so right now my best option is to edit in macOS, then boot into Windows for exporting with CUDA…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would improve the connection with the dynamic link

To render a 10 second video, spend hours trying to connect with dynamic links and conclude nothing, unusable.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Saving the rendered part of a stopped render

I would appreciate if there would be a way to save the rendered part of a stopped render. I have been rendering for 12 hours now and the render suddenly frizzed, if it fails of stops (like it did before SEVERAL TIMES) I will lose all the rendered parts as well as many working hours!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hello, please add loading a saved queue to Media Encoder, thxs!

Easy load batches of files that have been named and set up for transcoding.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add in FLV export support. It's an Adobe product so seems bizarre it's been removed.

Animate assumes FLV encoding is available then ME reports it can't be done when choosing a file to convert. Re-instate this functionality please.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG: mp4 files won't play in Windows 10 or 7 players

I'm rendering a project for a pro video house from 1080i, 29.97 to mp4 level 4.1 at various bitrates, from either Premiere or queuing to Media Encoder (same results).

Windows refuses to play the resulting files. VLC Media Player will, however. I've tested on three computers and three versions of Media Encoder. In the oldest version (2019), low bitrate files would play in Windows, but with two newer versions none do. So what's up?

I don't own copyright on this, but for 15 seconds let's call it "Fair Use."

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG: mp4 files won't play in Windows 10 or 7 players

I'm rendering a project for a pro video house from 1080i, 29.97 to mp4 level 4.1 at various bitrates.

Windows refuses to play the resulting files. VLC Media Player will. What's up?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BUG: mp4 files won't play in Windows 10 or 7 players

I'm rendering a project for a pro video house from 1080i, 29.97 to mp4 level 4.1 at various bitrates.

Windows refuses to play the resulting files. VLC Media Player will. What's up?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG: Encoder stops at end of encoding a premier project.

When encoding a Premiere Pro project in media encoder. The clip will finish encoding and export a file but will still sit unfinished in the encoder queue. If you push pause and play it will complete.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Rotate and flip videos

it will be usefull to have the chance to rotate the videos, so you can do it faster, whitout the need of other adobe software

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. audio track Selection

We have alot of masters that has 5.1 and 2.0 Mixes on them. When we have to export an H.264 for exemple with only the 2.0 mix on it we have to open premiere and select only the 2.0 mix. Could you make available the selection of wich audio track could be selected for the output in Media Encoder?

Thankyou

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG!!! Prores limited to 60fps in Media Encoder 2020

Prores is limited to 60fps in Media encoder 2020. Must be corrected ASAP.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base