Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Media encoder - coloured render list

I think it would be great if you could add a colour label to your renders in media encoder, just like what automatically happens in After Effects when you have given your comps a specific colour.

This would help the user differentiate different sources/output when queuing up batches of videos.

It would be even better, if media encoder inherited the colour when rendering comps sent from After Effects.

Attached is a quick mockup. It would also be nice if this was taken a step further and the source name text was coloured too, or at least have an option in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Wrong words in Swedish version

I noticed that you use the wrong words in the Swedish version of Media Encoder. Files that are waiting to be transcoded are marked with "Färdig", and files that have been transcoded are marked with "Klar". Well, in Swedish - those two words mean the same thing: "Finished" or "Done". You can use "Färdig" as a word to describe that something is "ready", but in this case the usage is unfortunate as it can be interpreted wrongly. It would be better to use "Väntar" (Waiting), as they signify that the files are waiting to be encoded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add "duplicate" source menu item when stitching

Nowadays, when I'm rendering small animation loops, I use Media Encoder to generate a bigger loop (10-15s from 2s clips), to be used in social media.

I'd find it VERY practical to have a simple cmd/ctrl-D to duplicate an existing asset, and not having to drag and drop on the stitch button or in the stitch source panel.

I could even create a stitching preset with intro/outro and drag and drop items…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. the rendering in media encoder was stuck at the middle then not currently encoding

I've been experiencing a render error which is whenever I export my composition/file from after effects the rendering at first was good until it gets at the middle one and then it was already finished even the render is not yet finished then when I go to my files the exported video was not there. I KNOW THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO'S EXPERIENCING THIS KIND OF PROBLEM SO PLEASE FIX IT BECAUSE I HAVE A LOT OF EDITS THAT IS IN THE QUEUE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Closing the window quits the software

Whenever I close Adobe Media Encoder CC 2021 by clicking the red "X" on Mac, it quits the software, instead of just closing the window and letting the software run in the background. None of my other softwares (including Adobe's) do this, and it's pretty annoying as I'd like to always have Media Encoder running (or idle) in the background, but I most often don't need its window to be showing. Thoughts?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adobe questionnaire pop up window.

So I filmed about 80 4K videos, added them into Premiere and selected 'make proxy', selected the destination and hit ok and walked out of the room expecting all these vids would be done by morning. I wake up and it didn't even start the process because Adobe pops up a window about the 1-10 question, stopping the process. Now I'm several hours. behind. Here's my idea...ask the ********* question in an email or text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add simple keyboard shortcuts for the queue

Specifically for reordering files in the queue; to my knowledge, the only way to reorder queued files is to manually drag them into place. It would be nice if there were basic shortcuts for shifting a file (or multiple files) up or down in the queue without having to drag them around. Or even a shortcut for placing a file at the top/bottom of the queue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. La sauvegarde de la file d'attente ne peut pas être ouverte dans l'onglet fichier. perdu aussi a la fermeture de ME

ajouter a l'onglet "fichier" :
    "ouvrir une file d'attente"

Pourquoi ne pas "associer" une file d'attente dans le(s) projet(s) projet PR, AE, ... ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make it possible to rename aliases in a logical way

It's hard to find out how to rename an alias - if it is possible at all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make changing presets and destinations logical.

AME is very contra intuitive regarding to choosing a preset for multiple queue items. There is an incomplete popup-menu, and we can not drag a preset to all selected items at once.

-Add User Presets and Aliases to the Popup Menu

-When multiple items are selecting, set a preset for all of thos by double clicking it in the Preset Browser, or dragging it to one of the selected queued items.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Companion app

How about a companion app for the phone that syncs to your encoder so i can keep an eye on the progress of files & their encoding? It would help me not stay at the office waiting when i could be outside while renders are chigging along.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Media Browser: See within Folder Hierarchy

Add an option to see footage from the top of a folder hierarchy. This would be a great addition to the AME media browser for adding footage from multiple locations, quickly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please provide correct estimated rendering time when audio normalization is enabled

Estimated rendering time goes way off when you select some audio processing - like EBU128 normalization. It can show you hours, when in reality it might take 20 minutes. And then, when rendering video after audio is done it can show you that 4 minutes left, when in reality it will take 35 minutes. Everything ok is when you don't use audio normalization, estimation is around accurate.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Don't connect to dynamic link server before opening settings for a dynamic link render queue item

The "connecting to dynamic link" box often takes a long time. Instead, let the settings page load instantly like it does for a non dynamic link item. Settings can be available right away, and the video preview can display a "connecting to dynamic link" message until it establishes the connection. Most of the time, a user does not need the video preview.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Droppable menu bar icon MacOS

Hi, I find myself dropping movies that need to be converted on the menu bar icon at least a few times a day. But that doesn't work, although it seems so intuitive. Any chance that could be implemented?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cannot sign in with youtube

WIll not allow me to sign in to my youtube - will prompt me for email to sign in and then will close the window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to make presentation usb drives.

I want to make presentation usb drives. You pop a DVD into a computer and a menu comes up with the videos etc that are on the DVD and the user selects. I can not find the same option for usb drives, which is amazing to me.
    I have ten grandchildren and I would love to be able to send them individualized usb drives that they can put into a computer and they would be presented with a menu from which they could choose which media they wanted .

Thanks,
    Rick Adams

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Date Modified column and Sorting to Media Browser tab

This seems like it would be a no-brainer. Having the newest files at the top of the list reduces headaches and crawling through long lists of media, particularly if you aren't the one controlling the file structure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Handles for fade INS & OUTS in the timeline

You could put handles in the IN and OUT points of the timeline to give the option of fade ins & outs. (attachment example)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base