Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Frames to Head and Tail of an Output

Feature Request: Add frames (black or alpha) to head and tail of an Output.

I work for an organization that deals in a large volume of graphic elements (Outputs). Each Output requires multiple Encodes, some of which need black or alpha frames added to both the head and tail of the Output.

Currently, we have to add those frames manually, before sending off to AME. Having the ability to add frames, implemented as a feature within an AME Preset, would be a powerful and time saving addition.

Additionally, it would also be helpful to append filenames at the Preset level…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Encode at 1/2 or 1/4th resolution preset keeping aspect ratio.

I have a massive number of files I need to render out from AE at 1/2 res and they all are different resolutions and aspect ratios. I've seen others acting for this feature from back in 2016. How the heck has this not been implemented?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 10bit encoding using GPU,

Please improve 10bit encoding using GPU, at the moment you dont support 10bit export, I have tried for the last 4-5 days to keep 10 bit all the hdr rec2020 and use hardware encoding which reverts back to software encoding which is no good very slow , 10bit 4k with hdr rec2020 is the way forward and include in you adobe media centre + adobe premier pro for a new pre-set for this, when I select x265 custom pre-set and select main 10 , tier high, rec2020, hdr, and include hdr10, straight away I receive a message , your system…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ability to encode video from variable to constant fps!

Handbreak can do this, so why can't the best video encoder on the market do it yet?

Ability to convert a variable framerate video to a constant framerate video

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Carry over all Custom LUTs from Premiere to Media Encoder

Have Media Encoder see when custom LUTs are being used in a project and either A) Automatically import them into ME from Premiere or B) Provide a warning that an unavailable Custom LUT is being used and then provide instructions to fix - i.e. copy custom LUTs from PP folder to ME LUT folder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bug: Lumetri LUTs not available for creating Presets

When creating an Encoding preset, not all the installed LUTs, that show in PP, appear in the Lumetri Look / LUT dropdown. Further, I have been unable to import 3rd party Panasonic LUTS using the "Select" option in the dropdown. Apparently, the only compatible LUTs are in a legacy .ITX format? As a result, I am unable to apply a simple V-Log-to-Rec709 LUT to dailies footage that I want to transcode for client use, nor am I able to add such LUTs when creating proxy files. None of the supplied LUTs appear to have been designed as technical LUTs to…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  13 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SFTP upload from export settings

It's long past time SFTP was supported through the publish preset settings. More and more servers are turning off unencrypted FTP access.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base