Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fast change of settings

When an Ae comp is added, and we just want to adjust the rendered resolution, AME takes forever to connect to dynamic link, probably to generate a preview we don't need.
    Please let the setting popup instantly, and then, with lower priority start generating a preview (or don't).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Instant Connection to Project

Sending a Comp for Ae to AME is fast in the latest versions. But why can AME take forever 'Connecting to Project'?
    I think this needs more descriptive user information. There seems to be a problem, but all we see is a blue hatched bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Consistently present, short drops in picture quality in rendered videos

I noticed that rendered videos contain one or more glitches in the footage where picture quality drops considerably for a few seconds, then returns to normal. The problem appears to be a compression issue, it has been present for at least a year, and probably has a complex causal background.
    The drops in quality are not random. If the video is re-rendered, they always show up again and at the same time coordinate for the given project. They are visible in both VLC and Media Player.
    I noticed it first when exporting Animate CC animations but it also happens when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Unable to use Media Encoder with Captivate.

States my trial has expired however it worked earlier today and was included with my Captivate purchase. Please help ASAP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Media Encoder 2022 not rendering videos

New Media Encoder not rendering ANY videos from After Effects. When file is dropped into Encoder and hit play it disappears. Rolling back to Media Encoder 2021

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. After Effects to Media Encoder Bug: Not Rendering All Frames

When my friend exported her animation into the Media Encoder, it doesn't render all frames of the pre-composed animation.

After you close After Effects and Media Encoder, and open After Effects again, the program adapts to what Media Encoder saw, and also doesn't see the frame, as it did before.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. After Effects to Media Encoder Bug: Not Rendering All Frames

When my friend exported her animation into the Media Encoder, it doesn't render all frames of the pre-composed animation.

After you close After Effects and Media Encoder, and open After Effects again, the program adapts to what Media Encoder saw, and also doesn't see the frame, as it did before.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. After Effects to Media Encoder Bug: Not Rendering All Frames

After you close After Effects and Media Encoder, and open After Effects again, the program adapts to what Media Encoder saw, and also doesn't see the frame, as it did before, as seen in the beginning of the video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AME 2022 is useless after update

After updating to AME2022, a 23 sec video took 20 sec to export thru #premierepro but when exporting thru #mediaencoder the very same video has a warning of media offline and is now at 52 mins of a non-preview export. What gives?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Slow Media Encoder performance after last update

Super slow rendering after last update (version 22.0)

Composition that takes 30 seconds in the native AFF render takes in Media Encoder more than an hour.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: Dynamic link not working when there are billing issues.

Dynamic link does not work when there are billing issues. Before recent update Media encoder did not even receive compositions from After Effects (due to exactly same issue). After recent update ME receives the compositions but freezes on "conecting to dynamic link" when running render queue.

Workaround is to render .avi in AE and re-render in in ME.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Media Encoder doesn't works

After the last update, Media Encoder stopped working. The program opens but does nothing. When I try to export from Premiere or AE to Encoder, the program opens but nothing happens. The same when I set proxies or transcode in Premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Release RAM after export completes

Media Encoder continues to hold onto system RAM after export completes even if files / jobs are removed from the queue:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug: media encoder crashes if character animator is open prior to opening ME on m1 macbook airs

Bug: If Character Animator is open, and you attempt to open media encoder, media encoder will stall and become unresponsive on an m1 macbook air. This is a consistent issue on over 38 macbook air's for the past 3 weeks.

Build 15.4.1

To solve, you need to close character animator, open media encoder (which now opens swimmingly fast), then re-open character animator and export.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The export in H264 50i is now only available in "CPU ONLY" mode ...

It's incredible how the evolutions and updates reduce the capacities and performances of this application which is so useful, necessary and important...

Since a few versions, the updates modify the capacities of settings and configurations of the exports in a very restrictive way, not to say aggressive.
    Now it's the top: if you want to export H264 in 50i, you can only do it in "CPU only" mode...
    It's the last straw when you realize that the CPU is only used at less than 50% of its potential.

Efficiency and performance do not seem to be your leitmotiv anymore... You…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. General unresponsiveness, interface lag

General Lag and unresponsiveness is one of MANY performance issues I've had for the last several versions and keep hoping they'll get fixed. I've uninstalled, cleaned, reinstalled multiple times. Sometimes it improves temporarily, sometimes not. Just sending a project from AE to ME, with ME open takes 30-45 seconds. Once there, clicking on encoding options can take another minute for the panel to open. Cancelling a render, when ME gets to a frame that it gets stuck on (and will remain stuck for 15 minutes) - cancelling that job takes longer than force quitting and restarting. Maybe it's plug-ins I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. NVidia GPU decoding chip, instead it is using CPU

Recent version 15.4 isn't using a GPU decoder chip, instead, it is using a CPU...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug: Update decreases audio quality significantly.

The media encoder update from 15.2 to 15.4 messed with our output preset and the resulting video has much worse audio quality than before. Rolling back to 15.2 gets back to normal audio.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. GPU Nvidia

Adobe is using the encoder chip of my GPU but it has stopped using the Decoder chip after recent updates. Please bring it back for fast rendering.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. After Effects + .json source text sometimes ignored via Media Encoder?

I'm doing lots of source text changes (via essential propeties) in precomposed text layers using external Json files to change the text. In the majority of these cases everything works fine and I've done over 2000 of these renders this way.

But every once in a while the text layer ignores the json file and just used the default text inside the text pre-comp even through it's all connected with expressions correctly.

This is a consistent issue across multiple versions of After Effects, Media encoder and on both Mac and PC. From 2019, 2020, 2021 and the new beta.

As…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base