Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic subtitles from Audio transcrip

Hi all,

I´m testing the Speech to text capability in Premiere 2021 and it works really fine.I was thinking in something similar to a hotfolder were you place the video files and a return folder with the subtitle file (somethink similar to a media encoder hotfolder where you define the profile to be applied to each folder and the return dessired).

Thanks in advance

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hola, Adobe Media Encore dejó de funcionar hace una semana

No reconoce ningún video y al exportar secuencias desde After Effects no aparece ningún archivo en cola, ya actualice ambos programas y nada. gracias por su solución

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: media encoder crashes if character animator is open prior to opening ME on m1 macbook airs

Bug: If Character Animator is open, and you attempt to open media encoder, media encoder will stall and become unresponsive on an m1 macbook air. This is a consistent issue on over 38 macbook air's for the past 3 weeks.

Build 15.4.1

To solve, you need to close character animator, open media encoder (which now opens swimmingly fast), then re-open character animator and export.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Render alert

Send a text message or an email once something has finished rendering.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Media encoder used as a networked frame server. A render farm.

Media Encoder should be a central hub that just picks up render jobs over the network. Basically Adobes version of deadline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Custom Output File template

Allow the user to create different Output templates (like in AE), using fields/properties like :

Custom text
    Date Year/Month/Day
    Time Hour/Minutes/Seconds
    Project Name
    File Name
    Relative path
    File extension
    Width
    Height
    etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The export in H264 50i is now only available in "CPU ONLY" mode ...

It's incredible how the evolutions and updates reduce the capacities and performances of this application which is so useful, necessary and important...

Since a few versions, the updates modify the capacities of settings and configurations of the exports in a very restrictive way, not to say aggressive.
    Now it's the top: if you want to export H264 in 50i, you can only do it in "CPU only" mode...
    It's the last straw when you realize that the CPU is only used at less than 50% of its potential.

Efficiency and performance do not seem to be your leitmotiv anymore... You…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Problems when exporting/transcoding DV AVI files - Render/transcode stalls

I opened several old project containing DV AVI PAL footage. I noticed that all project with DV AVI PAL has problems when exporting from AME 14/15/22 and Premiere Pro.

The export (or transcode) stalls, continues, stalls, continues, etc, etc until it´s done. This does not happen with another source codec such as Blackmagic Design Motion-JPEG or Prores.

An easy way to reproduce:
    1. Open Premiere Pro and create a DV PAL 4:3 timeline.
    2. Create and add Bars and Tone and place it on the timeline
    3. Make the Bars and Tone 1 hour long
    4. Export to AVI >…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Exporting dynamic link comps incorrectly

When Queueing my Sequences from Premiere 15.4.1 to Media Encoder 15.4.1, my Dynamic Linked After Effects Comps are not always exporting correctly. It will skip, jump, or use old versions that do not reflect the current versions. This happens nearly every time, and my Sequences have multiple linked Comps.

If I export directly from Premiere it exports correctly every time.

I get similar but less frequent audio issues when exporting via the Queue in AME. Audio transitions may not be present and sometimes audio will be shifted or overlap when there is a hard cut. Again this does not happen…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Deinterlacing - AME Exporting Only Upper Field

If you try to take an interlaced video and deinterlace it with AME (i.e. choose progressive instead of upper field), it exports only the upper field. It would helpful if you could toggle between upper field only, blending, motion compensation, etc.

I've tried with both ProRes SQ .mov and XDCAM .mxf.

Special image to check fields being used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. General unresponsiveness, interface lag

General Lag and unresponsiveness is one of MANY performance issues I've had for the last several versions and keep hoping they'll get fixed. I've uninstalled, cleaned, reinstalled multiple times. Sometimes it improves temporarily, sometimes not. Just sending a project from AE to ME, with ME open takes 30-45 seconds. Once there, clicking on encoding options can take another minute for the panel to open. Cancelling a render, when ME gets to a frame that it gets stuck on (and will remain stuck for 15 minutes) - cancelling that job takes longer than force quitting and restarting. Maybe it's plug-ins I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Avoid YouTube, Vimeo processing any video exporting/processing the same way they do

Adobe partnership with Big video platforms: YouTube, Vimeo...

It can be game changer if Adobe talks with all the big video platforms to understand how they process the videos. So we can export with the same codec settings they use updated. We will be able to upload the video in any of this platform and will nott need to process it again. It will be ready for all the resolutions automatically.

For example, YouTube will give the processing workflow how they work and Adobe will implement in their software. Videos can be certificated that they were processed with the YouTube…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug: Lower Third created within Pr as essential graphic not encoded properly

I created a lower third essential graphic within Pr. It consists of 2 type fields and some background.
    When exporting to Me via queue and encoding the background is missing. Encoding directly from Pr works fine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add "Auto Increment" to INGEST presets

Since Prelude is being eliminated, it would be great to have the ability to add automatic number increments when renaming files while using the ingest feature and copying to a new destination. This feature was in Prelude - you could add as 1, 01, 001, 0001, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG: Encoding to MP4 H264 with AAC audio results in the audio being moves about 1088 samples earlier. This is in version 15.4

Encoding to MP4 H264 with AAC audio results in the audio being moves about 1088 samples earlier. This is in version 15.4.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug: exporting h264 with export audio on, makes a loop hiccup

Exporting h264 with: export audio on, makes a loop hiccup on the loop point in quicktime and switch player.
    Putting off: export audio, loops great in quicktime and switch.
    Both on and off audio versions loops perfect in after effects but not any external player.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Media Encoder not referencing correct PSD layer within AE comp

I replaced an image in an AE comp with an updated image from a layered PSD . The comp rendered correctly in the AE RAM preview. I rendered out the comp via Media Encoder and Media Encoder referenced the incorrect layer from the psd. I tried clearing the AE cache, restarting AE, restarting the machine I even tried rendering the comp on an entirely different machine but media encoder continually referenced the incorrect layer from the psd.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Music audio ducking is not working for HEVC h.265 files

Music audio ducking is not working for HEVC h.265 files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [Mac] Bug on audio transitions such as constant power

When exporting videos sent from PR to encoder some audio transition effects are ignored in the export when blending between clips, while in PR there aren't any problems. I do have audio effects (dynamics, hard limiter) added to the Master track but not on individual tracks.

ME Version 15.4 (Build 42)
    PR 15.4 (Build 47)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base