Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. auto delete finished file

I want the source file to be deleted automatically when the encoding (translation) process is finished. I translate a lot of videos. I'm running out of disk space. Therefore, when the encoding (translation) is finished, the source file (input file) should be deleted. just drop the output file. Such a setting is required in the AME program.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GPU Nvidia

Adobe is using the encoder chip of my GPU but it has stopped using the Decoder chip after recent updates. Please bring it back for fast rendering.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please fix the hide shortcut function for Encoder

Media encoder 15.0-15.2 no longer supports the hide and minimize features via hotkey, nor is it in the hotkeys options. The older versions supported such basic functionality. I have to click on the minimize button to push it to the dock but command+M and command+H do nothing. Very frustrating. Please fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. After Effects + .json source text sometimes ignored via Media Encoder?

I'm doing lots of source text changes (via essential propeties) in precomposed text layers using external Json files to change the text. In the majority of these cases everything works fine and I've done over 2000 of these renders this way.

But every once in a while the text layer ignores the json file and just used the default text inside the text pre-comp even through it's all connected with expressions correctly.

This is a consistent issue across multiple versions of After Effects, Media encoder and on both Mac and PC. From 2019, 2020, 2021 and the new beta.

As…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. iPhone/Android app connected to desktop app.

iPhone/Android app that allows the user to check on the progress of an export and sends an alert when complete or failed. Ability to reset export from a distance or change export settings if failed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hardware acceleration repair

Pre-settings (bitrate) do not match in final export when hardware acceleration on. Everything is ok when software option is activated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Overwrite image sequences is actually impossible

I would like to be able to overwrite a sequence of images. Actually, it is not possible: AME creates a new sequence each time with a ~$ prefix in its name.

Thank you !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Wrong words in Swedish version

I noticed that you use the wrong words in the Swedish version of Media Encoder. Files that are waiting to be transcoded are marked with "Färdig", and files that have been transcoded are marked with "Klar". Well, in Swedish - those two words mean the same thing: "Finished" or "Done". You can use "Färdig" as a word to describe that something is "ready", but in this case the usage is unfortunate as it can be interpreted wrongly. It would be better to use "Väntar" (Waiting), as they signify that the files are waiting to be encoded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Audio passthrough when making mp4 files

Allow audio passthrough when making mp4 files. I'm using mp4 export to create very small proxies for multiple editors who are working from home and I can't use Media Encoder because some source footage has 4 channel audio and Media Encoder won't allow mp4 exports with 4 channel audio. I've been using Apple's Compressor when I come across this problem. Apple's Compressor allows audio passthrough for mp4 files. It's also a problem when drone footage has no audio, I would have to apply a custom preset with no audio while doing batches and this would be cumbersome so I'm using…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I want you to add a function to specify the behavior such as sleeping or shutdown after rendering is completed.

I want you to add a function to specify the behavior such as sleeping or shutdown after rendering is completed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add "duplicate" source menu item when stitching

Nowadays, when I'm rendering small animation loops, I use Media Encoder to generate a bigger loop (10-15s from 2s clips), to be used in social media.

I'd find it VERY practical to have a simple cmd/ctrl-D to duplicate an existing asset, and not having to drag and drop on the stitch button or in the stitch source panel.

I could even create a stitching preset with intro/outro and drag and drop items…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. mpeg 2 (VOB) 16:9 files that are stretched to fill a 4:3 frame are cropped by Media Encoder and PP when imported. Bug?

Footage contained on DVDs and encoded with a VOB extension isn't displayed correctly in Media Encoder or PP (The stretched image is cropped on import). Therefore I cannot convert the VOB files to a more regular codec like mp4 for use in my editing projects. I use third party app VLC instead.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. the rendering in media encoder was stuck at the middle then not currently encoding

I've been experiencing a render error which is whenever I export my composition/file from after effects the rendering at first was good until it gets at the middle one and then it was already finished even the render is not yet finished then when I go to my files the exported video was not there. I KNOW THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO'S EXPERIENCING THIS KIND OF PROBLEM SO PLEASE FIX IT BECAUSE I HAVE A LOT OF EDITS THAT IS IN THE QUEUE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow User to change to Constant FR

There is a big issue with iphone footage coming in with Variable FR resulting in skewed audio/video throughout the adobe suite. Right now the only fix for it is to upload the footage into third party software and encode the footage to have a Constant FR, which is pretty ridiculous given that we have a media encoder for Adobe and if I wanted to be using open source software, I wouldn't be paying for the adobe suite. I think Media Encoder is the obvious software solution for this but it affects so many of the adobe suite programs that it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Closing the window quits the software

Whenever I close Adobe Media Encoder CC 2021 by clicking the red "X" on Mac, it quits the software, instead of just closing the window and letting the software run in the background. None of my other softwares (including Adobe's) do this, and it's pretty annoying as I'd like to always have Media Encoder running (or idle) in the background, but I most often don't need its window to be showing. Thoughts?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Render Checkpoint System

Hi there! I'm an intermediate editor/VFX artist and coming from some other rendering pipelines like Houdini and Maya, I thought a useful feature if it was possible in AME would be some form of render checkpointing.

I recently worked on a project with many different video/audio layers in Premiere and some dynamically linked comps from After Effects with the final quality render estimated to take 12-16 hours in AME. That's understandable, it was 4K with Lumetri coloring and a very high target bitrate and effects on many shots, but I started to run into problems with exporting from Premiere or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Publish to YouTube doesn't work

It just gives the error "Not logged in to YouTube"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)