Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to change multiple files in queue to specific out put location

Why, oh why doesn't media encoder allow me to select multiple file sin a queue and set a specific output location? I would think this would be a given especially after how long this program has been around.

Simply put again: I would/need to have the option to select multiple files in queue and set a specific output location/folder for each file - so allowing multiple output locations for whatever the file requires. I am constantly doing large jobs and multiple revisions on multiple versions of videos. To have to adjust each file separately is tedious and time consuming.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why is Media Encoder a separate app?

Genuinely curious as to why this isn't just built into Premiere and After Effects as a separate window that opens when you export or queue videos, so you can then keep editing. Why does there need to be an entire new application that opens up, one that must be updated/downloaded as much as Premiere and that looks identical to the export menus in Premiere?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Basic Audio Remuxing Capability

It would be awesome to be able to add/remove/replace audio streams without having to use other apps.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. HUGE MISTAKE!!! Gopro Prores limited to 60fps

For years I have been editing in Premiere Pro using Gopro Prores proxy file presets, and now I cannot create those proxy files for footage with 100 or 120fps as they are limited to 60fps since version 14. This is crazy! I cannot work with HEVC proxies as they are not so good and fluent. Please fix this ASAP, I don't know why you had to discontinue this in the first place?? Even Apple Prores is limited to 60fps. Please fix this, it totally disrupted my workflow..

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Favorite presets

Being able to have favorite presets with a favorite panel or section would make finding my go-to presets so much easier without having to dig through tabs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG - Media Encoder 2020 4.0.3 outputs green and purple blank video

Premiere won't show imports except as green or flashing color blank, and media encoder won't output anything but the same in the latest update. Roll back to premiere 14.0.1 and all is well. sAME 1 VERSION BACK WITH MEDIA ENCODER, HEY, i HAVE LATEST DRIVERS FOR EVERYTHING! cHECKED 10 TIMES! Cannot have these delays....

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Watch Folder not working at all

Hi,

Upgraded to 2020 and the watch folders do not work at all. I am connected to a Lumaforge Jellyfish server and exporting to my local desktop on a Mac Mini.

When I add a project to the watch folder, AME gets a beach ball and hangs.

The project is set up correctly with sequences at the root of the project. Already tried resetting preferences, changing the folder location, restarting AME, trying a new project, etc. The watch folder just sits idle and then AME freezes when a new project is added to the folder.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Watch Folder Configuration Files

I have about 40 watch folders and these are stuck in ME 2019 and I now use 2020, but will have to recreate every single watch folder.

I just want to export them and import them in the same way I can with Presets.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Position and scale export incorrectly from Media Encoder

BUG! Position and scale export incorrectly from Media Encoder- they differ in exports from Media Encoder vs Premeire. Noticed in 2019 and 2020 versions of both programs!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please ADD Pro res 422 120fps :)

this used to be a feature in older versions. what. happened.......

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Larger Font Size Needed

The font size of app interface of any Adobe products is too small for users who have near-sighted eyes. When I use Adobe products for a long time in a day, my eyes feel really tired. Please add font size selection in preference. Thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adobe Media Encoder 2020 | ARRIRAW Transcoding

Hi,

I wish to migrate to Windows 10 PC and want to use ‘Adobe Media Encoder 2020’ as my primary transcoding app.

I am aware Adobe CC works fine with Red & DSLR workflows. But I am having difficulty with open gate ARRI RAW & Camera Audio to create proxy.

Feature Request:
    Secondly, can we have Tape ID/Reel Name data burn in (overlay) option like Da Vinci Resolve Studio/Lite or Pomfort Silverstack Lab.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. XML Import with undefined PAR should default to 1.0

XML Imported into Adobe Media Encoder with a timeline resolution of 1920x1080 with an undefined Pixel Aspect Ratio should default to 1.0

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG!!! cannot export or render from After Effects . please fixxxxxxx

I have tried all the way to export my video but still not working . please fix!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. BUG!!! cannot export or render from After Effects . please fixxxxxxx

I have tried all the way to export my video but still not working . please fix!!

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG!!! Media Encoder preset with timecode defaults to show frame count rather than TC

This seems to have been introduces with the latest update. I have a preset to render an H264 file with file name and timecode visually burned in. Before updating it worked fine. Now it shows a number(I assume framecount) rather than TC. If I switch to generate rather than source, then it shows TC. But if I save the preset on "generate," it saves the starting time as well, so the TC is not accurate. If I create a new preset, the first application works as expected, but once I apply from the saved preset it fails in the same…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add option to render a specific file/queue at a specific time.

I would like to schedule the posting of files to social media at specific times.
    Add an option to render at a specific file at a specific time. or to start the queue at a specific time.
    I would like to schedule the posting of files to social media at specific times throughout the day and evening.
    I know that most social media have the ability to schedule a post to publish at a specific time. Can the AME access these parts of the APK? If not then can it just process the rendering of a file at a preset…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG: 2020 does not read 23.978 timecode

2020 cannot create TC Burn properly for 23.98 footage.

AME 2019 can. Same file. I have to use AME 2019 to make proxies and TC burn videos. Sad face.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Just let me render mp4s from AE again!

I shouldn't have to rely on a feature you clearly haven't finished, which is fine, developing isn't quick, but don't force me to use it when any amount QC would show this isn't a suitable workflow if time is against you
    Imagine a situation if you will
    On site, Client wants touch ups last minute, No problem just a bit of grading or slowing a fade or whatever.
    Imagine being the client and being told your update isn't ready and hasn't even STARTED because the only way to render properly from AE is to use your poxy Dynamic Link Server…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base