Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG! Media Encoder Freezes my entire screen, and forces me to shut my computer!

This has happened many times since I've updated to the latest version of Media Encoder 14.3 (Build 39). I'd place a video in the Queue and hit Play and it will start the first frame and then freeze my entire machine only letting me move the mouse, but can't click anything or use my keyboard to try to force quit or anything, and the only way to get out of it is to force shut off my iMac and restart the machine.

I've had this issue happen to me over 10 times already!

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More descriptive Dynamic Link progress

AME can take minutes 'Connecting to Dynamic Link Server'.
    It's hard to believe this takes so much time. I guess it's doing some checks and gathering footage. Maybe it's nice to tell that to the user. The progress bar just feels like it's frozen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ALL APPS. resize to screen size easily when going from large monitor to small

My 4096x2160 monitor just died. I am having to use a 1920x1080 monitor, Illustrator and Media ancoder windows are still huge and there is no way, other than deleting preference files to get them to normal size. Windows size button is top right, off screen and window base is off lower screen so no way of resizing windows

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Launching Lightroom resets shared media cache location for Pr, Ae, Au and Me

Hi,
    By simply launching the latest Lightroom Classic (9.3), it will set the shared media caches locations for Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition and Media Encoder to the default Lightroom video cache location.

/Users/{USERNAME}/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Video

Even though Lightroom's own media cache location might be custom set to something else.

Running the latest app versions available on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Does this also mean that the rather small cache size limitations usually set in lightroom now apply to the video editing apps shared cache too? Will Lightroom also delete cache files from Pr, Ae, Au, Me ?

This bug has been reported…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make 14.3 work on my Macs

Make it open instead of crashing on start up

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can't output a gif from a video without artifacts

Set to match source quality and it outputs garbage. Use to work before the update...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug Report - Media Encoder Overwrite Existing File Dialogue box

Exact situation: MacBook Pro, lid closed using external monitor/ kb/ mouse. Place items into encoder queue. Click file name under OUTPUT to rename and overwrite an existing file. Mac OS file dialogue is incorrectly drawn with overwrite warning and you can't click, you must use keyboard to tab to the option to overwrite the existing file.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. BUG in 14.3 - Media Encoder randomly exports bad frames!

I exported my Premiere Pro (also 14.3) edit with the latest update of ME to XDCAMHD422 and the software randomly exported bad frames. I had three or four consecutive bad frames that looked like you can see in the attached PNG combined with randomly picked frames from the same clip. In my timeline there is no cut at these two points and no effects despite an adjustment layer with Lumetri color correction above.

The footage was shot on Blackmagic Ursa cameras in DNxHD 185. But it also happened a few days later while encoding a ProRes422 file (to XDCAMHD422 as…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Render from media encoder doesn't have video

Using the media encoder to create a youtube HD preset video doesn't encode the video layers randomly, but exporting directly from premiere DOES work.
    PP 14.3.0 - 38
    ME 14.3 - 39

Macbook pro 15 inch, 2019
    2.6ghz 6-core intel i7
    16gb ddr4 2400mhz
    Radeon Pro 555x 4gb
    Intel UHD Graphic 630 1536mb
    Catalina

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 미디어 인코더 인코딩 실패

왜 씨발 미디어 인코더로 인코딩을 걸면 자꾸 실패가 뜨는걸까요?????????????????????????????????

이거 인코딩하는 프로그램 아닌가요?? 근데 인코딩이 안되면 왜 있는거죠???????????????????????????????

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Apple Prores encoding limited to 60fps

I cannot encode my 120fps footage to apple prores file because since the version 2020 it is limited to 60fps and that is so frustrating because you could do that before with no problems. Why did you do such a thing. This needs to be corrected asap.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Temporary .AAC or .M4V files don't delete after .MP4 is done exporting.

I have been having this problem lately that when exporting After Effects files through Media Encoder with multiple projects that the .AAC or .M4V temporary files don't vanish after the .MP4 is ready with exporting.
    Attached is my .EPR file that I use.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Temporary .AAC or .M4V files don't delete after .MP4 is done exporting.

I have been having this problem lately that when exporting After Effects files through Media Encoder with multiple projects that the .AAC or .M4V temporary files don't vanish after the .MP4 is ready with exporting.
    Attached is my .EPR file that I use.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow the user to set options for after the encoding queue is complete (restart, shutdown, sleep, close Media Encoder, etc.)

Considering how long rendering/encoding/conversions can sometimes take, it'd be fantastic to allow the user to set an option for what happens after the queue is complete.
    There should be no need to have your computer running all night when Media Encoder finishes the queue two hours after you call it a night.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. /documents prefs + iCloud sync now causes hard system crash

because Adobe stores your prefs in ~user/documents I noticed on multiple occasions my computer consistently crashes when encoding. After moving the prefs and symlinking the folder out of the iCloud sync location it has fixed the problem.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. vers 14.2-45 It takes at least 5 minutes to 10 min to start the encoding!! But when i export clip by clip in Premiere go with no wait time.

It takes at least 5 minutes to 10 min to start the encoding!! But when i export clip by clip in Premiere go with no wait time.
    Im up to date vers 14.2-45. MAC PRO Mojave 10.14.6.
    Metal activated. 64 GB RAM 3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 AMD FirePro D500 3 GB. In system the activity of "Pproheadless" i dont know if it is normal. Screenshot attached.

This issue happen to me with the last update. I used to export hundreds of files with no remarcable waiting time but now its not a aceptable workflow for my professional job…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Use assimilate capabilities in watch folders

When you set up a watch folder you should be able to batch rename and add metadata to output files

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Help

The program always crashes, when I try to upload a file. I can´t export anything. Please help me fix it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base