Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Media Encoder does not apply Lumetri Effects to render... please fix

Media Encoder does not apply Lumetri Effects to render... please fix

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Media Encoder reduces CBR on software mode

When encoding in software mode at 40 Mbit/s CBR, the encoder roughly halves that number (20,3 Mbit/s) even though it should be set to 40 Mbit/s.
    When doing the same thing using the hardware encoder, the bitrate is a solid 40 Mbit/s.
    This seems like a significant bug, particularly when encoding 4K video, since the hardware encoder can't handle bitrates above 60 Mbits/s.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Any time the Global FX are turned off in Premiere Pro, I want a warning before I encode the project.

Any time the Global FX are turned off in Premiere Pro, I want a warning before I encode the project.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add an option to rotate on export

It would save time making precomps and rotating in new comp

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix bug when exporing MP4 - Audio falls around 10ms out of sync

This seems to be the same problem others have had described here:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2285436

When exporting to H.264 in MP4 the audio falls around 10ms out of sync. Very confusing. All other formats seem to be fine. I have even exported to ProRes 422 HQ, then taken that file directly into AME and the audio was off. See the picture attached, where the first track is video, second track is correct audio exported from sound studio and third track is the mp4 exported, with sound out of sync. We have tried many different settings, but the fact that it works with…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Failure

I believe we can all benefit from having a nice sound effect that indicates when a Render has Failed or Completed successfully.

It is incredibly frustrating to come back to my computer to see that devilish Red 'X', shamelessly telling me that AME decided to spontaneously abort mission without warning. Now this is, obviously, very frustrating and can ruin your entire mood and workflow. But, what if it didn't?

What if there was a little more satisfaction in successfully rendering a composition? Now here me out, I'm sure most of us have played a game or two at some point.…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Be able to eject Local Drives within Media encoder

Allow users to eject a local Drive within ME. For some reason if you aren't using a drive that you may have looked at with ME it won't let you eject it. Please fix this problem.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Media Encoder 2020 Renders Stalling

Just a simple queue of 2 videos that contain Broll and simple titling from the Essential Graphics element. First video rendered fine, second video stalled at different points, but routinely stalled. This is on an iMac 2017 (max specs) running Mojave. Both videos rendered just fine within Premiere. I have never had a render stall out in Media Encoder until now.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export / encoding issue only solved by switching to 2 pass VBR. Never an issue before

Issue with exporting a vid file only resolved by switching to 2 pass VBR option. Never a problem before this week?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reorder queue

Hi,

I was wondering if you could add a new feature to reorder queue-line.

It would be nice to paus a render (been rendering 4h and have 12h left) and start a new render while having the other one paused (without losing progress).

Sincerely
    Essi

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Encoding Audio Problem

I opened a short m2ts Bluray video to convert to h265 (HEVC) and see how it works!
    First problem was that the audio level was reduced so much!
    A video encoder must not change the audio in anyway if not explicitly set!
    Also I hope you use Fraunhofer for audio<MP3> encodings...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. transparent GIF in media encoder

Please add an option to render transparent GIF in media encoder. currently media encoder doesn't export transparent GIF.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Why does the CPU continue to work when the rendering has been finished?

After rendering of a video has been finisched one CPU-core has full load all the time until I close the the Media Encoder CC 2018 completely.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG: Long transcodes from DV to ProRes results in large chunks of skipped video

I'm seeing a tremendous number of problems on long transcodes with camera cuts in the dailies. I'm working on a doc feature including a lot of Hi8 and MiniDV tapes. The source tapes are captured in long chunks, often over an hour. Within this are camera cuts, crash recorded blank tape spots, etc - the usual amateur issues. The source clips are all perfect on import. However, most of the transcodes (to ProRes 1080 @23.98) have serious problems as follows:

• clips can be truncated, i.e. can be 30 mins or more shorter than source clip.

• clips have internal problems. The…
    3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. shutdown when encoding is done option please

Need an option for auto shutdown when encoding is complete.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Broken Dynamic Link Connection (v16)

Ever since updating to the 2019 version of Creative Cloud, the Dynamic Link Server in Media Encoder is unable to connect when attempting to export AE compositions. In After Effects, the compositions don't transfer through the render queue or "Add to Media Encoder Queue" options. The only way to export is to select the comp through Media Encoder's media browser. Even through that, the compositions are not updated to recent changes even though the AE file has been saved.

Working on a 64GB iMac with macOS High Sierra with newly updated CC software.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow custom fps for H264 videos

for some reason H264 in AME is not able to spit out 16fps...Is there any good reason that it's not possible to have this limitation. We do online games and play out simulations and animation to preview as H264 videos, but have to render them with 15fps which is inaccurate and can cause problems.

Let's set the fps setting free to accept any custom fps!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow more than the default 5 seconds when encoding a still image to an movie

Currently AME defaults to 5 seconds when encoding a jpg to an movie in a batch mode. Any way we could develop over the 5 seconds.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. slate

It would be great to have a slate feature, where I upload a bumper, or slate, or any other custom intro/outro file and have the ability to stitch it uniformly at the beginning and/or end over another clip, or for a Premiere export. Then to bake this into a preset.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base