Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add CUDA support back into Media Encoder 2020 for macOS

Please add CUDA support back into Media Encoder 2020 for macOS. I use a Mac Pro Mid 2012 tower with an NVIDIA GTX 970 and 64GB of RAM. Only being allowed to use Metal as a renderer increases my export time to more than than 4x for the same sequences from ME 2019. I've tried using Premiere with Windows and Boot Camp, but can't properly edit multicam sequences in Windows on this thing because of constant audio drop outs and delays, so right now my best option is to edit in macOS, then boot into Windows for exporting with CUDA…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve Media Encoder Performance vs Premiere Pro

Please improve Media Encoder performance. Rendering via Premiere Pro takes on a specific project 1 Hour. Exporting via Media Encoder takes 3 - 5 Hours. Please fix this. I have searched the internet and there are many people experiencing bad performance in AME compared to Premiere Pro.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix errors in H264 Blu Ray encoded files - AME 2018

This is an observation of problems with AME 2018 exports after many hours of paintstaking work late at night to try to produce a H264 Based Blu Ray disc through Encore 6, but I suspect other authoring SW would have same issue.

I know Encore 6 is a legacy product and out of support - but AME version 2017 encoded H264 blu ray files which always worked fine.

There is also a thread on Encore Community Forums about this issue where other people have found same problem as well.

Today I see no way to produce a Blu Ray H264…

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Media encoder 2020, has grey cast on white when rendering max color depth?

I have graphic design orientated videos with pure white and text. They are prores video files. I have converted them to H264 mpgs.
    Media encoder 2020, has put a grey cast on anything pure white when rendering max colour depth? I have checked for traces of colour in the white with the pipette. Has something changed or as this did not happen with previous versions? Best regards

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hello, please add loading a saved queue to Media Encoder, thxs!

Easy load batches of files that have been named and set up for transcoding.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add in FLV export support. It's an Adobe product so seems bizarre it's been removed.

Animate assumes FLV encoding is available then ME reports it can't be done when choosing a file to convert. Re-instate this functionality please.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ExtendScript: Get a callback or something similar from Adobe Media Encoder when rendering in done

app.project.renderQueue.queueInAME(true); transfers the project from After Effects to Media Encoder to encode.
    The render time may vary depending upon the complexity of the render. The function queueInAME( ) returns nothing back.
    There is no way of Extend Script to know when the render task is done.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUG: mp4 files won't play in Windows 10 or 7 players

I'm rendering a project for a pro video house from 1080i, 29.97 to mp4 level 4.1 at various bitrates, from either Premiere or queuing to Media Encoder (same results).

Windows refuses to play the resulting files. VLC Media Player will, however. I've tested on three computers and three versions of Media Encoder. In the oldest version (2019), low bitrate files would play in Windows, but with two newer versions none do. So what's up?

I don't own copyright on this, but for 15 seconds let's call it "Fair Use."

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. audio track Selection

We have alot of masters that has 5.1 and 2.0 Mixes on them. When we have to export an H.264 for exemple with only the 2.0 mix on it we have to open premiere and select only the 2.0 mix. Could you make available the selection of wich audio track could be selected for the output in Media Encoder?

Thankyou

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dynamic link and XMP

Make it more stable as it barely ever works for me constantly getting stuck on reading XMP or connecting to dynamic link BS, fix your stuff!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. AI optimized versioning

I am thinking that it might be possible to use AI to scan a previously rendered version of a file, and as it's rendering a new version/revision, if any of the frames from the new render are identical to a previous version, the AI would pull those identical frames from a previous version so only the new frames would have to be rendered when producing a new version. This would make it easier and faster to make revisions theoretically.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Let us batch change render settings, please!

Adobe media encoder sorely need the ability to batch change render setting presets on all videos selected.
    Example: Let's say I want to render 100 video from After Effects and send them to AME, then it chooses the last used render setting by default when loaded into AME. If I want to change I have to manually (!) add new render settings/preset to Every single of the 100 videos and then manually (!) delete the previous setting so I don't render each video two times. Also it automatically makes new names for the new video setting I added so I…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Interpret footage while exporting in Media Encoder

Some people prefere to change framerates without interpolation, so that no frames get duplicated or deleted. It would be nice if Media Encoder could offer this feature like premiere does on import

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. You can stop AME from halting a queue mid-encode when you lose internet connectivity.

I realise Adobe needs to make money. I pay my subscription. But what gives with AME asking you if you want to quit mid queue (in this case creating proxies) when you lose your internet connection? Then stalling after it finishes an item without manual intervention clicking repeatably no to the dialogue box "do you really want to stop encoding?". We need to be able to render unattended regardless of whether we have a stable internet provider. A totally unacceptable situation. And Premiere Pro wants to quit as well.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a most commonly requested aspect ratio to the preset crop menu: 1:1

The source crop menu in AME contains all sorts of preset crop ratios - apart from the one that virtually everyone I speak to wants:

1:1 (eg: square).

Can you please add it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Media encoder encoding wrong audio if cache isnt cleared

Fix the cache! I have to encode camera file through media encoder before editing say 00001.mts to 00001.mov But i have 5 camera cards with the same file names and fro some reason media encoder decides I want the audio from the first 00001.mts file applying to every file with the same file name. When I put a file into media encoder I want the audio attached not some random audio from another shot. I have trouble clearing caches at work because of read write permissions so it takes a long time to get around this. This should be an…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Freezing when encoding proxies. Hang and need a cold boot.

Well done Adobe with breaking something on each update.

I was encoding h.265 4K 50p video to Quicktime Cineform proxy under Windows 10.

Last update that was a big mess up on Premiere Pro and now it f***s up even in the first step. You know people work for living with your tool right? This is not funny.

Do we need to wait for another 2 months for a proper update (while you may be f***ing another things up like system freeze on importing files or such)?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. DVD

DVD Encoding and menu creation, similar to usage in Encore CS6

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)