Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Media encoder files rendered from AE have a gamma shift. Contrast is washed out. Please FIX IT ASAP

Media encoder files rendered from AE have a gamma shift. Contrast is washed out. Please FIX IT ASAP.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: Media Encoder queue won't process audio effects but Premiere export will

This appeared to be a bug and a rather frustrating one to work out.

Exporting a sequence from Premiere 14.9 would result in audio effects (applied in audio track mixer) being rendered out properly, but when the sequence was sent to a queue in Media Encoder 14.1, the audio effects weren't applied.

I couldn't figure this out initially and had to re-render my hours worth of material via manually exporting from the export window.

After speaking to someone on the Australian AVPUG on facebook, they explained that it can happen if there's a mismatch between versions, and indeed there was. …

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Creative Cloud Ruining Your Functionality

I set up an overnight batch export to make proxy files. Upon returning the following morning Media Encoder insisted on quitting over and over and over and over again. No matter how many times I told it I didn't want to quit, it kept popping up asking me if I wanted to quit. This also froze all exports so basically nothing had actually happened overnight.

Why did this happen? Because Creative Cloud automatically logged me out, for absolutely no reason!

If your software hinges entirely on me being signed in CONSTANTLY, that is unacceptable. I lost time on this project…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: Rendering of AE project fails part way through in latest version (15.0, 2021)

I can't complete any renderings from After Effects using the latest (15.0) version of Media Encoder. It fails partway through with an error. This is a 1080p project rendering to h.264 using the Vimeo preset.

Related post here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder/encoding-failed-component-h-264-of-type-exporter-selector-9-error-code-3/m-p/11899051#M12005

I downgraded Media Encoder and After Effects to the previous (2020) versions of both, and successfully rendered using those versions.

I've also successfully avoided the error by rendering directly out of AE into an Uncompressed file, and re-encoding with Media Encoder into h.264.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BUG!! Since the last update 14.1 i can't use Media Encoder in Windows

Even I returned to previous versions and it's the same, I unistalled it and the same... I can't use Media Encoder anymore. Can't load any Comps even from differents files of After Effects...

I don't know what else can do...

Please Fix it ASAP.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Media Encoder 14.5 crashes while idle after 2-3 minutes

After opening Adobe Media Encoder and letting it sit idle, it will crash after 2-3 minutes 100% of the time (reproduced at least 6/6 times)

Computer specs:
    Processor: Intel i3-10100 3.6GHz
    Integrated Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630
    RAM: 32 GB
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Adobe Media Encoder: 14.5 (Build 48)

AMD Radeon Software version: 2020.1113.1501.27036 (20.11.2)
    AMD Driver Version: 20.45.01.18-201113a-361132C-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dynamic Link broken between AE / Premiere and ME on Big Sur

Hey guys, I have a pretty big issue that we started discussing in the support forum, and it seems like more user are affected.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder/dynamic-link-issues-mac-big-sur/m-p/11921027

I thought it's best if you guys read the thread as there is a lot of detail in there.

If you'd like, I'm more than happy to arrange a call with an engineer, you can access my computer remotely and we can do more digging together.

I think I exhausted my options for now ;)

Many thanks and hopefully speak soon!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mogrt's completely broken

15.0 AME will hang when it starts rendering a Mogrt that appears as online in Premiere, but I guess it doesn't like it in Encoder? no error message, just stop rendering and hangs, doesn't move.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Media Encoder freezing or crashing when trying to change output format or read XMP

I have created and edited a compostion in After Effects and tried to export it via Media Encoder. If I now try to change the output format to 1080p Youtube for example, the program starts loading infinitely and crashing after a while. If I just try to start the render process it is the same.

My versions:

After Effects V 18.0

Media Encoder V 15.0

What I have done so far:
    - Cleared Disk Media Cache

• Reinstalled both AE and AME

• Changed back to an older version in AME

• Changed the Cache Folders etc. in both AE and AME

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Media Encoder mistakenly encodes MP4 as VR - BUG

When encoding a ProRes QT to an H264 MP4, AME will sometimes incorrectly interpret the file as VR, which completely messes it up.

For some reason, the resulting file looks distorted when viewed with some apps (eg: VLC and PotPlayer on Win10), but it looks normal in others (eg: when viewed on Dropbox.com)

The fix is seemingly to check and uncheck "Video is VR" under the Video export settings. I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this issue?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Media Encoder mistakenly encodes MP4 as VR - BUG

When encoding a ProRes QT to an H264 MP4, AME will sometimes incorrectly interpret the file as VR, which completely messes it up.

For some reason, the resulting file looks distorted when viewed with some apps (eg: VLC and PotPlayer on Win10), but it looks normal in others (eg: when viewed on Dropbox.com)

The fix is seemingly to check and uncheck "Video is VR" under the Video export settings. I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this issue?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. High VRAM usage in Media Encoder causing failure

I am posting this in a different category, just in case.
    I am noticing 1-2 GB higher VRAM usage when encoding Premiere Pro sequences in Media Encoder than directly in Premiere. So much so, that I must run ME by itself to avoid VRAM-related render failures.

For example, in order to reliably render my documentary in ME, I have to make sure to quit Premiere first before starting my render queue. But then, I am rendering out three different file formats of this show. After the first one completes successfully, and is between renders VRAM usage stays high. Then, when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. VRAM Memory Leak With Media Encoder + January Nvidia Studio Driver 461.40

There is a bug that results in VRAM build up when Media Encoder is running but not doing anything. I have an RTX 3090 and sometimes it'll build up to 18GB when the program is just idle. This doesn't occur with the previous Studio Driver.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. selector 9 error 3 when using 4K H625 GoPro footage

AME starting from 14.5 till 15.0 beta failes when exporting.

Short description:

Source Material is mainly 4k and above from GoPro Hero 7-9.

This appears only when using Hardware encoding (NVIDIA lastest Studia driver).
    Software encoding works but is due to the unacceptable Runtime not an Option.

Exporting the same project again the error is at a different timestamp.

The error appears always between 2 Clips.

unchecking the following setting in AME "Import sequences natively" allows me to export succesful but the runtime is longer, however not as long as with software encoding..
    Checking the above item produces the error…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG - Multiple Outputs from Single Source File Fails / Is Inconsistent

Trying to export two versions / sizes to H264 MP4 from a source 1080p ProRes file. I'm using CUDA accelerated Mercury Playback Engine. AME behavior is inconsistent. First attempt resulted in one of the two desired outputs being completed successfully, with the second output failing without an error.

Tried switching to CPU Mercury Playback Engine, re-added file to the queue, set desired outputs, but this time both output files failed to render. No error, just failed.

I switched back to CUDA accelerated, re-added file/outputs, and this time both files output successfully.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, with an AMD Threadripper…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Webm - Fails on last frame

Fnord's webm all working until the last frame. Force close Media Encoder may leave you with a working file but annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix the opening of files made with Apple Compressor / FCPx

Hi,

Since the current and previous version of Apple Compressor/FCPx, prores422 quicktime files made with that cannot be openend with Adobe Media encoder nor Final Cut X.
    Can this please be fixed? Since we recieve files from all over the world with this error in it and it's a pain ********** that Adobe can't open them.
    With kind regards,

Mr. Y

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix the HEVC Out of Memory (code 7) bug

When exporting in both premiere and media encoder 2020, HEVC H265 with CBR exports fails.

Error received:
    export error
    error compiling movie
    out of memory
    failed to create encoder
    select: 9
    error code: 7

On a Mac Pro (2017) with
    3 GHz Intel Xeon W,
    32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 memory and
    Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Render from media encoder doesn't have video

Using the media encoder to create a youtube HD preset video doesn't encode the video layers randomly, but exporting directly from premiere DOES work.
    PP 14.3.0 - 38
    ME 14.3 - 39

Macbook pro 15 inch, 2019
    2.6ghz 6-core intel i7
    16gb ddr4 2400mhz
    Radeon Pro 555x 4gb
    Intel UHD Graphic 630 1536mb
    Catalina

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Removing of bugs associated with Media Encoder such as the application locks up on you when attempting to create a mp4 copy.

I find that this Media Encoder is not reliable, the applications locks up while trying to complete a task causing extra time placing keyframes that had already been established previously in the file that was to be encoded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base