Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG!! Since the last update 14.1 i can't use Media Encoder in Windows

Even I returned to previous versions and it's the same, I unistalled it and the same... I can't use Media Encoder anymore. Can't load any Comps even from differents files of After Effects...

I don't know what else can do...

Please Fix it ASAP.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: Dynamic Link Broken AE > ME

Today updated to the very latest AFX(17.0.6) and Media Encoder(14.1) and the dynamic link connection won't work. Windows 10

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Help

The program always crashes, when I try to upload a file. I can´t export anything. Please help me fix it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG in 14.2-Hardware encode grayed out

If I'm in Premiere Pro, 14.2 I can export out a h264 file with hardware encode turned on. If I take the same sequence and try to export out of media encoder, the hardware encoder is grayed out and only software encode is available.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please fix Wraptor DCP

Wraptor DCP keeps freezing rendering a small file. If you're going to have Wraptor as part of AME, shouldn't it work?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BUG!

Since the last update for After Effects 2020 and Media Encoder 2020 de Dynamic link server stop working, AE can't even find de AME installation either connect to the DLS

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. after codecs

When I use the third-party plug-in After Codecs, Media Encoder starts transcoding all clips at the same same time and crashes the job. I've reached out to After Codecs as well.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Error handling project with RE:Vision Effects DE:Noise V3

New Media Encoder shows an error 'source not found' for projects, using RE:Vision Effects DE:Noise V3.
    deleting plug-in can encode.
    but even disable this plug-in will make Media Encoder with 'source not found' error.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Media Encoder not rendering After Effects Files after Mac OS update

Please fix whatever bug is preventing Media encoder from rendering my comps from after effect. It stopped working correctly right after I updated Mac OS this morning.

Hangs on "Connecting to project..."

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Media Encoder hanging during transcode

There is a bug that I have yet to see explained exactly the same as I am experiencing it. I'm trying to transcode some MP4 h.264 files into a higher compressed h.264 file to better fit in it's playback medium. I thought the issue was the computer going to sleep pausing the render, even though that should not have been the case.
    -Fresh install of Windows 10 1809
    -drop multiple mp4 files into AME, hit start and it will go for a while.
    -after a few minutes it stops rendering. No error, no immediate crash. Just no movement, no change…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BUG - Media Encoder 2020 4.0.3 outputs green and purple blank video

Premiere won't show imports except as green or flashing color blank, and media encoder won't output anything but the same in the latest update. Roll back to premiere 14.0.1 and all is well. sAME 1 VERSION BACK WITH MEDIA ENCODER, HEY, i HAVE LATEST DRIVERS FOR EVERYTHING! cHECKED 10 TIMES! Cannot have these delays....

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Watch Folder not working at all

Hi,

Upgraded to 2020 and the watch folders do not work at all. I am connected to a Lumaforge Jellyfish server and exporting to my local desktop on a Mac Mini.

When I add a project to the watch folder, AME gets a beach ball and hangs.

The project is set up correctly with sequences at the root of the project. Already tried resetting preferences, changing the folder location, restarting AME, trying a new project, etc. The watch folder just sits idle and then AME freezes when a new project is added to the folder.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Green screen when encoding MP4's

I always get a green screen when encoding MP4's - but only happens after a while. I posted a similar bug in the Premiere forum but nobody has answered - and I am not the only one with this issue with the spec I have.

It happens with any MP4 from my camera, creating Proxies and such like. Even if I use the software render. Please please please can someone look into my issue. It really affects my workflow.

The green screen affects all my Mac (i.e. Safari MP4 videos). I have to restart for it to return to normal.…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix errors in H264 Blu Ray encoded files - AME 2018

This is an observation of problems with AME 2018 exports after many hours of paintstaking work late at night to try to produce a H264 Based Blu Ray disc through Encore 6, but I suspect other authoring SW would have same issue.

I know Encore 6 is a legacy product and out of support - but AME version 2017 encoded H264 blu ray files which always worked fine.

There is also a thread on Encore Community Forums about this issue where other people have found same problem as well.

Today I see no way to produce a Blu Ray H264…

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Freezing when encoding proxies. Hang and need a cold boot.

Well done Adobe with breaking something on each update.

I was encoding h.265 4K 50p video to Quicktime Cineform proxy under Windows 10.

Last update that was a big mess up on Premiere Pro and now it f***s up even in the first step. You know people work for living with your tool right? This is not funny.

Do we need to wait for another 2 months for a proper update (while you may be f***ing another things up like system freeze on importing files or such)?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Media Encoder 2020 Renders Stalling

Just a simple queue of 2 videos that contain Broll and simple titling from the Essential Graphics element. First video rendered fine, second video stalled at different points, but routinely stalled. This is on an iMac 2017 (max specs) running Mojave. Both videos rendered just fine within Premiere. I have never had a render stall out in Media Encoder until now.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG: Long transcodes from DV to ProRes results in large chunks of skipped video

I'm seeing a tremendous number of problems on long transcodes with camera cuts in the dailies. I'm working on a doc feature including a lot of Hi8 and MiniDV tapes. The source tapes are captured in long chunks, often over an hour. Within this are camera cuts, crash recorded blank tape spots, etc - the usual amateur issues. The source clips are all perfect on import. However, most of the transcodes (to ProRes 1080 @23.98) have serious problems as follows:

• clips can be truncated, i.e. can be 30 mins or more shorter than source clip.

• clips have internal problems. The…
    3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 52 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Media Encoder 13.1 (build 173) doesn't starts encoding of Premiere sequences with media located on network locations

Media Encoder 13.1 (build 173) doesn't starts encoding of Premiere projects with H264 source media located on network locations.

Tested on different workstations. Premiere itself renders it's projects normally. Windows 10 1809

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base