Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add option to render a specific file/queue at a specific time.

I would like to schedule the posting of files to social media at specific times.
    Add an option to render at a specific file at a specific time. or to start the queue at a specific time.
    I would like to schedule the posting of files to social media at specific times throughout the day and evening.
    I know that most social media have the ability to schedule a post to publish at a specific time. Can the AME access these parts of the APK? If not then can it just process the rendering of a file at a preset…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Saving the rendered part of a stopped render

I would appreciate if there would be a way to save the rendered part of a stopped render. I have been rendering for 12 hours now and the render suddenly frizzed, if it fails of stops (like it did before SEVERAL TIMES) I will lose all the rendered parts as well as many working hours!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Just let me render mp4s from AE again!

I shouldn't have to rely on a feature you clearly haven't finished, which is fine, developing isn't quick, but don't force me to use it when any amount QC would show this isn't a suitable workflow if time is against you
    Imagine a situation if you will
    On site, Client wants touch ups last minute, No problem just a bit of grading or slowing a fade or whatever.
    Imagine being the client and being told your update isn't ready and hasn't even STARTED because the only way to render properly from AE is to use your poxy Dynamic Link Server…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bug - Media Encoder not rendering track matte's from After Effects... Still.

Media encoder is still ignoring track mattes setup in AE. When rendering, rendering said file with a track matte results in a cropped square instead of the required shape (in this case a circle). I've been seeing discussions of this issue since 2014. Doubling up on renders just to get around this bug is an appalling workflow bug. Rendering to Media Encoder continues to be unreliable.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would improve the connection with the dynamic link

To render a 10 second video, spend hours trying to connect with dynamic links and conclude nothing, unusable.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: Encoder stops at end of encoding a premier project.

When encoding a Premiere Pro project in media encoder. The clip will finish encoding and export a file but will still sit unfinished in the encoder queue. If you push pause and play it will complete.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello, please add loading a saved queue to Media Encoder, thxs!

Easy load batches of files that have been named and set up for transcoding.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dynamic link and XMP

Make it more stable as it barely ever works for me constantly getting stuck on reading XMP or connecting to dynamic link BS, fix your stuff!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug when queueing from Premiere to Media Encoder

Lately, when I hit queue in Premiere my render settings do not port to Media Encoder. Instead when the project loads in AME, AAC is set as the export format in the format column.

I have seen this echoed on multiple computers.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Не работает экспорт звука!

При экспорте из Premiere pro(кодек H.264) через Media Encoder не экспортируется звук.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: Media Encoder changes the final color of video

Media Encoder is changing video colors at render time. When I render straight from Premiere, the colors are normal.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Reorder queue

Hi,

I was wondering if you could add a new feature to reorder queue-line.

It would be nice to paus a render (been rendering 4h and have 12h left) and start a new render while having the other one paused (without losing progress).

Sincerely
    Essi

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Broken Dynamic Link Connection (v16)

Ever since updating to the 2019 version of Creative Cloud, the Dynamic Link Server in Media Encoder is unable to connect when attempting to export AE compositions. In After Effects, the compositions don't transfer through the render queue or "Add to Media Encoder Queue" options. The only way to export is to select the comp through Media Encoder's media browser. Even through that, the compositions are not updated to recent changes even though the AE file has been saved.

Working on a 64GB iMac with macOS High Sierra with newly updated CC software.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Timer set to short

I have a bunch of videos being converted to smaller files. I run them when I'm not in the office. Well, the thing is every little while the Adobe window pops up asking if it is still me and I have to click "continue" to stay signed in and every time the window pops up the Adobe programs stop what they are doing so only a couple videos get done. The sign in window is messing up our work flow. It is going to be a real pain if all semester you have to stay with the computer or come…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG: exported video has repeating audio

There is an issue with my exports, in that whenever I export a video through from Premiere to Encoder, there is always a small glitch in which a small section of audio from earlier in the sequence repeats itself later on randomly, on top of the synced audio.

I tried exporting it directly from Premiere but it always crashes.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it? The workarounds are incredibly annoying and time wasting.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Guys! Please fix this ******* encoder, I wait ******* 3 minute when it readining XMP, and what **** you need to dymnamic link connection!!

I wait 3 minute when it readining XMP, and what you need to dymnamic link connection!! After that I try create mp4 and set parametrs to 10 mb, so that encoder do always 120 mb! FUCKK!!!! !!! what wrong with you Guys!!!? Now I use CS6 for render, because I can't create with super--puper new encoder good compressed ***** video files!

Thank you,
    Best regard
    ******** sincerely yours
    Denis Romanov
    and waiting

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AME from AE frame numbering?

Frame numbering needs to be consistent when sending a render sequence out to AME. In AE you can overwrite specific parts of a sequence, retaining proper frame numbers. In AME the frame numbering ALWAYS starts at 0000 without any control, which makes rendering sequences to AME useless. Professionals use frame sequences for efficiency with motion graphics or FX. Limiting us to only rendering in AE or using 3rd party tools like Render Garden or BG Renderer shows a continued apathy towards your professional base. No, we don't need Premiere to work on a flipping Ipad, unless that's who your base…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Open Captions do not render in Adobe Media Encoder when queued in Premiere - the Open Captions render when exported using Premiere directly.

Bug report - Open Captions do not render in Adobe Media Encoder when queued in Premiere - the Open Captions render when exported using Premiere directly.

Is there a work around please? Or a fix?

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add support for Nvidia's NVENC H.264/HEVC encoding

Add support for Nvidia's NVENC H.264/HEVC encoding to assist machines not equipped with Intel QuickSync

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG: 2019 Crashes and leaves no info in Log file

In the middle of a batch render Media Encoder 2019 crashes and leaves no trace that the operation ever failed.
    Steps:
    1) Select multiple files 20+ in Windows Explorer Drag and drop into Encoder.
    2) Hit render. Operation performs for a few minutes and then crashes.
    3) Nothing is recorded in the log file for the file it crashed on. In the export directory there are 2 file fragments A) The file attempted and B)ThatFile.mp4.xmp
    Please fix. It makes creating proxies impossible and works perfectly on the same machine in 2018

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base