Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AUDIO PROBLEM ON H.264/MP4 OUTPUT

It would be nice if the latest version (2022) had been tested properly before being released. 2 hour H.264 export, audio totally screwed up when playing back with QuickTime player (Mac). Thankfully it didn't happen on an important project. Not cool though!
    Playback of first few mins is OK, but then, or if you jump to any point in the file, no audio. Totally mute.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support .y4m file format.

It would be great to have .y4m support in Adobe Media Encoder. This is a standard lossless video format often used in encoder and codec testing, and supports a wide variety of resolutions, frame rates, bit depths, etcetera. It is a very simple wrapper around YUV frames without any licensing required.

For basic documentation: https://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php/YUV4MPEG2

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support MKV format

I do not know why Adobe did not add the MKV format to their softwares I wish in the next updates it would be possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BUG! Native M1 Media Encoder - Video Glitches, black bars, damaged files

After updating to version 15.4 all rendered videos are damaged. There are either glitches, black horisontal bars or the file complete damaged. There is no way to render video on Apple Silicon in any format (H264,H265,PRORES...). Intel version running via Rosetta works fine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug: Adobe Media Encoder is shifting color when rendering to h264 codec MP4

After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder 2020 are rendering h264 codec MP4s too bright. The colors are washed out slightly and what I'm assuming is a gamma shift. I'm using Windows 10, After Effects v17.1.4, Adobe Media Encoder v14.4, and Nvidia driver 451.77.

This issue does not exist on After Effects 2019 and Adobe Media Encoder 2019. The MP4s look as you would expect, using identical settings for export.

One additional finding was that using After Codecs plugin, I'm able to export an MP4 using the x264 codec and the colors are correct. That is also using AE and AME…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Avoid YouTube, Vimeo processing any video exporting/processing the same way they do

Adobe partnership with Big video platforms: YouTube, Vimeo...

It can be game changer if Adobe talks with all the big video platforms to understand how they process the videos. So we can export with the same codec settings they use updated. We will be able to upload the video in any of this platform and will nott need to process it again. It will be ready for all the resolutions automatically.

For example, YouTube will give the processing workflow how they work and Adobe will implement in their software. Videos can be certificated that they were processed with the YouTube…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Download of Legacy codec and Features

I'm editing a feature documentary, and many of the archives are made of old DV footage. Unfortunately I can't import any of the material either directly into premiere or into ME to convert into a supported format. Adobe should have kept the codec at least for media encoder. I can't imagine the amount of editors around the world who've had similar frustration and with the monthly subscription service as it is, a creative cloud user, shouldn't have to turn to or pay for additional 3rd party support for a feature that was a part of the older editions. It's absurd…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BUG: Encoding to MP4 H264 with AAC audio results in the audio being moves about 1088 samples earlier. This is in version 15.4

Encoding to MP4 H264 with AAC audio results in the audio being moves about 1088 samples earlier. This is in version 15.4.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Nvidia hardware encoder on Windows strips NCLC color tags from source files

When using the new Hardware Encoding option for MP4s, NCLC color tag metadata isn't properly copied from the source files to the resulting files while the software encoder does properly copy NCLC tags.

This has the potential to cause certain video players (specifically Quicktime/Finder on MacOS) to display color spaces incorrectly so much care must be taken to be sure this is not happening when delivering.

We will continue to use the Software Encoding in the meantime even though it is much slower.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add audio format .odd from telegram.

It is not possible to use audio recordings from
    "telegram" in .odd format.

Used program (Adobe Media Encoder and Adobe Priemier)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow User to change to Constant FR

There is a big issue with iphone footage coming in with Variable FR resulting in skewed audio/video throughout the adobe suite. Right now the only fix for it is to upload the footage into third party software and encode the footage to have a Constant FR, which is pretty ridiculous given that we have a media encoder for Adobe and if I wanted to be using open source software, I wouldn't be paying for the adobe suite. I think Media Encoder is the obvious software solution for this but it affects so many of the adobe suite programs that it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. High Frame Rate transcoding does not go higher than 60fps

Plain and simple: bring back high frame rate encoding. It was in AME 2019 and at some point it was removed. Could this have anything to do with conforming to 'broadcast standards' related to timecode? As time code doesn't exist in formats faster than 60fps. Find a way around it because this is an essential editing feature request. ProRes is not solely for broadcast delivery, in fact it is the backbone of most editing pipelines who choose to not edit native.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please allow ME to support SWF / FLA files directly.

Hi team, current support for Adobe Animate is not good at all. The workflow feels more like an improvised workaround: Animate is forced to convert SWFs to MOVs before sending them to Media Encoder which is really a problem because every video is effectively rendered twice, once in Animate and twice in ME; this on top of the fact that video rendering in Animate is painstakingly slow. This is what ME is supposed to do, offload the rendering process for Adobe's motion and video apps. SWF is the main output generated by Animate to this day, please support it properly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG!!! Prores limited to 60fps in Media Encoder 2020

Prores is limited to 60fps in Media encoder 2020. Must be corrected ASAP.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Audio passthrough when making mp4 files

Allow audio passthrough when making mp4 files. I'm using mp4 export to create very small proxies for multiple editors who are working from home and I can't use Media Encoder because some source footage has 4 channel audio and Media Encoder won't allow mp4 exports with 4 channel audio. I've been using Apple's Compressor when I come across this problem. Apple's Compressor allows audio passthrough for mp4 files. It's also a problem when drone footage has no audio, I would have to apply a custom preset with no audio while doing batches and this would be cumbersome so I'm using…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. mpeg 2 (VOB) 16:9 files that are stretched to fill a 4:3 frame are cropped by Media Encoder and PP when imported. Bug?

Footage contained on DVDs and encoded with a VOB extension isn't displayed correctly in Media Encoder or PP (The stretched image is cropped on import). Therefore I cannot convert the VOB files to a more regular codec like mp4 for use in my editing projects. I use third party app VLC instead.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adding Remuxing/Multiplexing option to export with copy codec

Hello Everybody,

I would like to ask if there could be an option added maybe to premiere or especially to Adobe Media Encoder to be able to Remux files to different containers.

Option also without transcoding just copy the CODECS from input file and change only the container.

Example there is one really important remuxing that is needed and there are just so limited the options for someting so simple.

In Broadcasting Centers there are still a lot of equipment that only support Transport Stream (TS), as there is only option from Adobe for MPEG2 and not for H264 which…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve quality of the AVCIntra Ecoder

We just had an issue during QC: there was an obvious low quality shot in our AVCIntra100 file export.

We came from a ProRes4444 HD master file and used Premiere 15.1.0 and AME to encode the braodcast deliveries. But the result is a low detail image with artifacts and loss of details.

We use the "ARD-ZDF HDF02a-1.1" Profile and just changed the Scan Order (to Progressive) and enabled the "Render on Maximum Depth" and "Use Maximum Render Quality" checkbox. We are on MacOS 10.15 and tested it on 10.14 and Premiere CC 2020 too. Same result.

We did the same…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow the creation of 100p Proxies

I shoot 4K, 100p, 4.2.2 10-Bit footage with my Sony A7SIII and would like to be able to use Proxies, but this appears to be impossible as the max supported is 60p. This seems a crazy limitation to me, can 100p and 120p be supported for proxies please, please, please!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base