Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the user to set options for after the encoding queue is complete (restart, shutdown, sleep, close Media Encoder, etc.)

Considering how long rendering/encoding/conversions can sometimes take, it'd be fantastic to allow the user to set an option for what happens after the queue is complete.
    There should be no need to have your computer running all night when Media Encoder finishes the queue two hours after you call it a night.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Vimeo: Cannot connect

Cannot connect to Vimeo in the Publish tab of the export settings window (Premiere Pro and Media Encoder). Posting in Media Encoder uservoice, since Vimeo shows that as the connection.

I was connected and published okay after update to PR 14.1.0. In response to the forum thread below, I Signed Out in PR, and was unable to connect. See my post there.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/can-t-log-into-vimeo-upload-directly-to-vimeo-from-premiere-cc/m-p/11138281#M271557

Stan Jones

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AV1 Encoder Support

Implement next generation (royalty free) encoder from AV1 within Adobe Media Encoder. Several implementations are out, however it would be great if CC 2020 would make it more user-friendly in their AME GUI. Moreover, an adoption of the AVIF format for digital picture media across their other solutions would be welcomed as well.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Media encoder files rendered from AE have a gamma shift. Contrast is washed out. Please FIX IT ASAP

Media encoder files rendered from AE have a gamma shift. Contrast is washed out. Please FIX IT ASAP.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 10bit encoding using GPU,

Please improve 10bit encoding using GPU, at the moment you dont support 10bit export, I have tried for the last 4-5 days to keep 10 bit all the hdr rec2020 and use hardware encoding which reverts back to software encoding which is no good very slow , 10bit 4k with hdr rec2020 is the way forward and include in you adobe media centre + adobe premier pro for a new pre-set for this, when I select x265 custom pre-set and select main 10 , tier high, rec2020, hdr, and include hdr10, straight away I receive a message , your system…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Creative Cloud Ruining Your Functionality

I set up an overnight batch export to make proxy files. Upon returning the following morning Media Encoder insisted on quitting over and over and over and over again. No matter how many times I told it I didn't want to quit, it kept popping up asking me if I wanted to quit. This also froze all exports so basically nothing had actually happened overnight.

Why did this happen? Because Creative Cloud automatically logged me out, for absolutely no reason!

If your software hinges entirely on me being signed in CONSTANTLY, that is unacceptable. I lost time on this project…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: Adobe Media Encoder is shifting color when rendering to h264 codec MP4

After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder 2020 are rendering h264 codec MP4s too bright. The colors are washed out slightly and what I'm assuming is a gamma shift. I'm using Windows 10, After Effects v17.1.4, Adobe Media Encoder v14.4, and Nvidia driver 451.77.

This issue does not exist on After Effects 2019 and Adobe Media Encoder 2019. The MP4s look as you would expect, using identical settings for export.

One additional finding was that using After Codecs plugin, I'm able to export an MP4 using the x264 codec and the colors are correct. That is also using AE and AME…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple GPU renderer

It's so difficult to adobe enable a Media Encoder (with Premiere and After effecs) to use Multiple GPU??? Why is it so hard? DaVinci uses it, and I actually think seriously to change my workflow for Resolve Studio. I am not happy or satisfied with the performance of the Adobe CC package, for some years I have suffered from lack of performance.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG!!! Prores limited to 60fps in Media Encoder 2020

Prores is limited to 60fps in Media encoder 2020. Must be corrected ASAP.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG!! Since the last update 14.1 i can't use Media Encoder in Windows

Even I returned to previous versions and it's the same, I unistalled it and the same... I can't use Media Encoder anymore. Can't load any Comps even from differents files of After Effects...

I don't know what else can do...

Please Fix it ASAP.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Switch off computer after encoding is finished

I often put a list of files to render in the render queue so the computer will work in the night.
    I want media encoder to shut down the computer when the encoding is finished, so I will save energy and I don't hear the computer noise in the night

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Random encoding failure -1609629695

My renders keep predictably crashing due to Premiere/Media Encoder's inability to manage VRAM.
    For example, in order to reliably render this documentary in ME, I have to make sure to quit Premiere first before starting my render queue. But then, I am rendering out three different file formats of this show. After the first one completes successfully, and is between renders VRAM usage stays high. Then, when the next render begins, VRAM usage increases further, until the next render crashes partway through. The only way to get them to render, is to quit ME between renders, so ME releases the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PREVENT ADOBE PRODUCTS FROM STEALING FOCUS

It's simple: please stop allowing your programs to steal focus from one another (or anything at all for that matter). How many times a day when working in Premiere do I click "ctrl-m" to export a clip or video, then continue my work on the timeline in Premiere only to have Adobe Media Player STEAL FOCUS when I don't care AT ALL that it is importing something into its queue. I know it's importing. I requested that. DO IT IN THE BACKGROUND. There is NO REASON WHATSOEVER to interrupt my continued work just to make me WATCH THE IMPORT PROGRESS.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Media Encoder 14.5 crashes while idle after 2-3 minutes

After opening Adobe Media Encoder and letting it sit idle, it will crash after 2-3 minutes 100% of the time (reproduced at least 6/6 times)

Computer specs:
    Processor: Intel i3-10100 3.6GHz
    Integrated Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630
    RAM: 32 GB
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Adobe Media Encoder: 14.5 (Build 48)

AMD Radeon Software version: 2020.1113.1501.27036 (20.11.2)
    AMD Driver Version: 20.45.01.18-201113a-361132C-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Export multiple videos at the same time

Export multiple videos at the same time i.e. two or more

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export multiple videos at the same time

Export multiple videos at the same time i.e. two or more

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Effect - Individual Name Overlay for Stitched Clips

There is the ability to Apply a Name overlay to any clip but it remains limited in using the stitch clip function. Currently if you add the effect to a stitched clip it would add the name of the overall stitched clip and not the name of each individual clip.
    I am advocating for the addition of a radio button to enable per clip naming.
    The current work around is exporting all clips to be stitched through media encoder individually with the effect > name enabled and then take all of those exports and create a stitched video from it.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. .mts file import error in cc 2020

worked just fine in a previous version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)