Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Background processing window

Add some kind of background processing window or progress bar. We need some indication the dynamic link is working. Sometimes AME opens and stays static for around 30 minutes.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. You can stop AME from halting a queue mid-encode when you lose internet connectivity.

I realise Adobe needs to make money. I pay my subscription. But what gives with AME asking you if you want to quit mid queue (in this case creating proxies) when you lose your internet connection? Then stalling after it finishes an item without manual intervention clicking repeatably no to the dialogue box "do you really want to stop encoding?". We need to be able to render unattended regardless of whether we have a stable internet provider. A totally unacceptable situation. And Premiere Pro wants to quit as well.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 不要月租 一次買斷

Ps Ai Br Ld Ae En Pr Au 月租會影響電腦的系統
    希望是一次買斷
    需要更新看個人
    希望貴公司不要再強迫我們更新
    你們為何不能學學Apple 其他系統 呢
    還是你們的能力不足呢
    還是你怕你們沒錢
    還是你們的行銷能力不夠才需要月租

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mobile App for Queue Monitoring

Having the ability to see the active queue and each files progress through a simple mobile app attached to your Adobe ID. Simple functionality like being able to pause, skip, or stop files along with push notifications for when a file is complete or if there are errors. Being able to monitor a long list of proxy files or work in tandem off-site with networked drives would be huge.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Failure

I believe we can all benefit from having a nice sound effect that indicates when a Render has Failed or Completed successfully.

It is incredibly frustrating to come back to my computer to see that devilish Red 'X', shamelessly telling me that AME decided to spontaneously abort mission without warning. Now this is, obviously, very frustrating and can ruin your entire mood and workflow. But, what if it didn't?

What if there was a little more satisfaction in successfully rendering a composition? Now here me out, I'm sure most of us have played a game or two at some point.…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Numbering for Renders videos

Sometime you have a lot of videos to render and different version also so you want to know how many videos you are rendering and how many remaining to complete. Therefore, it's much better to have numbering in the left side than counting manually

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add more options for Publishing to Vimeo. i.e. Viewable by anybody with link

I'd like to have more integration with Vimeo in the Publish window. There are only 3 privacy options now for "Viewable": Only me, Anybody, Anybody with password. I'd like to add the option of anybody with private link. It would help with automatically setting privacy for sharing with out clients.
    Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Need a way to cancel an operation

If you've got hundreds of clips in your Queue panel, operations can become extremely sluggish - that needs to be fixed. But if you accidentally pick the wrong setting to apply, the app can beachball for many, many minutes with no way of cancelling the operation . Then you have to wait for as long again to undo the same operation. We need a simple Comman-. or Esc cancel option to be able to stop such time-suck behaviour.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. count total items / pending in queue

There's no quantity number to tell us the total number of items in the queue. Would be useful

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. add to queue

I would like adobe to add ( add to queue after export ) a check box that imports exported video to the queue again to export in another format. cause most of the time we export a High Quality and low quality version.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When changing monitor configuration, reset window size and position so they don't appear off screen.

I've listed this under AME, as that's the app that I'm currently struggling with, but it affects other apps (AE, Prem) as well.

I work on a Macbook and some of the time use a second monitor. When I remove the second monitor and then open an app that's previously been open on that screen, it appears offscreen, with the window controls unavailable. The only way to fix seems to be to change my screen resolution, which causes the window to reset.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG: Mac Mojave Encoder 2019 drop-down menu UI appears offscreen

BUG: 2019 version drop-down menu UI appears offscreen

Bug only appears in stand-alone Encoder 2019 13.0.2 (not Encoder 2018 and not within the Encoder in Premiere CC 2019), when I click on drop-down menus, they render waaaaay down off screen and unclickable. This is only visible when I view all windows in Mission Control (see attached).

Specs:
    macOS Mojave 10.14.2 with 27in built-in Retina Display + 24in Dell U2412M Display

Display Settings:
    Retina Scaled for "More Space"
    Dell Monitor at regular 1920x1200

The bug does not occur when the Dell Monitor is rotated 90 degrees, however.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. AME Bug message: Encoding is in progress. Do you really want to quit?

Hi!, Using After Effects with AME to render in batch. The computer sends me this message: Encoding is in progress. Do you really want to quit?
    This message makes the render queue wait for confirmation, causing the rendering to not continue.
    I'm using an iMac Pro with Mac OS High Sierra v.10.13.4 with after effects 16.0.1 (Build 48) and AME 13.0.2 (Build 39).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. DOUBLE CLICK TO RESET THE SLIDERS

Premiere Pro has an option to reset the sliders of Lumetri Color when you hit twice on them.

Your developing team could add this functionality to all the sliders of all the effects of all the Adobe video & audio apps.

It could be awesome ;)

TKS, Adobe

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug: Import dialog stays on second screen when no second screen is plugged in

As titled, attached is the dialog that I am talking about.

The problem is that if I have on a previous day/session put the Media Encoder window on a secondary screen, and on a day/session after only have access to 1 primary screen, the Media Encoder import dialog stays on the second screen, unresponsive to commands such as Win+Shift+left/right to bring it back to the primary screen. This is only remedied by plugging in another screen, set it to the relative position the system last had it (above primary screen if it was above before; if it was on the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. fix tooltip for Renderer drop down menu

the tool tip mentions CUDA and OpenCL, but the options are for Metal and OpenCL

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. encoding status percentage

The status bar could really use a percentage number on how far the encoding is. Sometimes for example I want to know when half of the encoding is done.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Warn the user when a video is being encoded with a banner over a clip

Sometimes a clip needs to be analyzed (warp stabilizer) and shows a blue banner (or warning label) over the clip, or maybe a clip has some sort of other banner (eg. red banner over a clip when you try to stabilize a clip that is a different resolution (must be nested). The problem is, when the video is exported these banners are exported too and there's no warning or prompting that this overlay exists. AME should warn the user prior to encoding (or immediately following encoding) that this blue or red banner exists AND give the user the timecode where…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base