Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Warn of errors in a transcode

I've been transcoding a tremendous quantity of DV (sources both MiniDV and Hi8 via Digital8 camera), and I'm discovering that the transcodes have often failed to transcode the entire source clip - often coming up 30 mins short or skipping entire multi-minute chunks within the clip (leaving audio wildly out of sync). But no warning was ever issued, and so having spent two weeks managing the ingest, I now have to check every clip in Premiere against the raw source, only to discover something is missing. Simply retranscoding with the same preset usual works, but not always. There needs to…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Limit size of Media Cache

In Premiere Pro the size of the media cache can be limited, why not in AME?
    Alternatively a switch to disable creating cache files.
    Because while batch encoding it just fills the C drive until the system crashes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. JPEG 2000 MXF YUV 422 8 bits Export Has Errors In Bottom Of Frame

BCMR @L7
    YUV 4:2:2
    8 bits
    Frame attached, produced file available at:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ui1umbc6d88s4da/AAArUy_xO9TBpz7NtjGPCCzha?dl=0

As you can see, the bottom is garbled. RGB export seems OK.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. JPEG 2000 MXF YUV 422 8 bits Export Has Errors In Bottom Of Frame

BCMR @L7
    YUV 4:2:2
    8 bits
    Frame attached, produced file available at:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ui1umbc6d88s4da/AAArUy_xO9TBpz7NtjGPCCzha?dl=0

As you can see, the bottom is garbled. RGB export seems OK.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Media Encoder 13.0.2 crashes

I decided to try out the newest version of Creative Cloud and am met with Media Encoder requiring a "Force Close". I'm on Mac OS Sierra. Premiere Pro seems to function fine. I have a 2013 MacBook Pro and EArly 2009 Mac Pro tower and experience the same crashing behavior. Attached is a log from the MacBook Pro. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Media Encoder 13.0.2 crashes

I decided to try out the newest version of Creative Cloud and am met with Media Encoder requiring a "Force Close". I'm on Mac OS Sierra. Premiere Pro seems to function fine. I have a 2013 MacBook Pro and EArly 2009 Mac Pro tower and experience the same crashing behavior. Attached is a log from the MacBook Pro. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Customer monthly Payment for Creative Suite is to be discounted in proportion to the number of bugs left in code after 1 year

Since customers pay monthly for a product (software) that should work - then I propose in future that any software problems introduced into new code (that did work in previous versions, which gets broken) should be directly discounted each month by Adobe to compensate customers .

eg The more bugs introduced and not fixed, this increases the percentage discount for customers monthly - yes ?
    This is a sort of reverse bonus scheme which focuses the minds of both software developers and Quality assurance teams and Management.
    The benefit of getting it right is happy customers, more references for Adobe…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make it work

Make it work. I can't click on a single thing once media encoder launches without it freezing and crashing. I've tried it on multiple files, even really basic things are causing this to happen. It's broken and I can't export anything.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug Fix: ProRes Support on Windows

Hi there,

AME 2019 has some stability issues with rendering ProRes files. Currently, every time I queue the files to render in AME, it crashes the program. I've been on the forums with tech support and they said it was a glitch in the new version of AME and After Effects (16.1).

My guess is it's an error with the .epr files that Media stores in the MediaIO folder on the local disk.

Here's the crash report attached:

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Media Encoder 2020 Renders Stalling

Just a simple queue of 2 videos that contain Broll and simple titling from the Essential Graphics element. First video rendered fine, second video stalled at different points, but routinely stalled. This is on an iMac 2017 (max specs) running Mojave. Both videos rendered just fine within Premiere. I have never had a render stall out in Media Encoder until now.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base