Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Media Encoder AE overruns ram limits

When encoding using the Media Encoder, I routinely have to kill it's AE instance because it overruns the RAM limits I setup in preferences. If I don't kill the instance, it quickly pushes my machine to 100% RAM usage, and both causes my main After Effects instance to crash, and then also fails its rendering.

Killing the AE instance will, cause it to stop rendering until I kill the replacement AE instance, cause it to eat up all the memory again, or about 1/3 of the time, actually behave correctly (at which point it's stable until it moves onto the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Media Encoder mistakenly encodes MP4 as VR - BUG

When encoding a ProRes QT to an H264 MP4, AME will sometimes incorrectly interpret the file as VR, which completely messes it up.

For some reason, the resulting file looks distorted when viewed with some apps (eg: VLC and PotPlayer on Win10), but it looks normal in others (eg: when viewed on Dropbox.com)

The fix is seemingly to check and uncheck "Video is VR" under the Video export settings. I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this issue?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bug: Media Encoder queue won't process audio effects but Premiere export will

This appeared to be a bug and a rather frustrating one to work out.

Exporting a sequence from Premiere 14.9 would result in audio effects (applied in audio track mixer) being rendered out properly, but when the sequence was sent to a queue in Media Encoder 14.1, the audio effects weren't applied.

I couldn't figure this out initially and had to re-render my hours worth of material via manually exporting from the export window.

After speaking to someone on the Australian AVPUG on facebook, they explained that it can happen if there's a mismatch between versions, and indeed there was.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Media encoder files rendered from AE have a gamma shift. Contrast is washed out. Please FIX IT ASAP

Media encoder files rendered from AE have a gamma shift. Contrast is washed out. Please FIX IT ASAP.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base