Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Uploading to a Facebook Page as Draft and NOT Public

Uploading to a Facebook Page as Draft and NOT Public

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a preset needs support for interlaced media

The JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a preset currently supports only Progressive output in the Basic Video Settings but we desperately need support for both interlaced sources and properly interlaced output to meet the JPEG 2000 archival requirements of the Library of Congress and other archival organizations.

We have a growing backlog of interlaced 1080i 59.94 program files that need to be converted to lossless, interlaced JPEG 2000 files for archival delivery, compliant with ISO/IEC 15444-2 specifications. I would point out that such files have become a core deliverable for many broadcasters, distributors and funding and production tax credits agencies, both in…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multi-audio on MP4 export

Please add the multi-audio export for H264.mp4 setup ... (like it's possible for MXF)

AAC 5.1 are not enought ... (because channel 4 are compressed and lowerred because it is SubBass track).
    I want to use the H264 export setup option with a multi-audio mono (or stéréo) tracks like it existe for MXF file...

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Instagram Presets

Instagram options should be included in the Social Media area.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: Media Encoder fails to encode HEVC h.265 properly, Can only export in Premiere

I am attempting to export vertical Iphone HEVC video. When I do it in Premiere, the export goes perfect. But when I try to do it in AME, my vertical video is rotated 90 degrees, as if the codec forced it to rotate, even though the sequence settings and video settings match at 1080 wide by 1920 tall.

Basically, AME's HEVC encoding doesn't seem to work even though Premiere's does.

Most up to date version of AME and PP CC.
    Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.14

Footage from an iphone 8 Ios 11+

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 4k UHD export presets please

Why are there still no 4k / UHD export presets included?

Export settings similar to system camera 4k/UHD (Panasonic etc.) would be very helpful, as in my case I can't seem to find a setting with a filesize-quality ratio similar to what my GH5 camera produces (and I'm done wasting time on that). And quicktime jpeg is removed, that doesn't help either.

Even phones film in 4k these days..

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. fast start

Allow setting moov atom at the front of the file (fast start) to appease youtube!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. % based quality control for h265 and h264 encoding

We should be able to set a % of the original quality in the encoding setting so the user can more easily get the bitrate they need compared to the original file.
    this will be great for re-encoding h264 to h265 for example to get the files smaller without checking the bitrate on every different file.
    The unofficial webm plugin supports this, so why not the official ones?!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BUG: Media Encoder crop feature is broken

The Media Encoder crop feature is broken. When I set my crop to any values(left:288, top:162, right:288, bottom:162) it won't be saved when i hit ok nor when I save it as a preset.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enabling Animated GIF Encoding for MacOS

MacOS users are struggling to export any video to Animated GIF.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Externally Updatable Direct Publishing Dashboard Panel

I would really like to see more work be done on the Direct Publishing features that make it more automated when posting to social media, My suggestion would be to have the ability to have either a file or panel (some sort of dashboard) that has default content and an area to add a description that then gets updated into each preset in any given designated watch folder settings, essentially automatically propagating to all platforms with related Tags updated in the dashboard and only having to render out one file and thus posting to all platforms (using predetermined Presets nested…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Grain effect to prevent banding of colors (OnionRings)

AE Grain effect is one of the powerful grain Ive seen.
    I mainly use it to cancel banding (OnionRings) when encoding to MP4s.
    It should be used as effect inside of encoder+be much faster because it is a very heavy effect.

Adding grain to a file makes it easy to get rid of banding, AE Grain effect knows:
    1. To put grain in places based on highlights and shadows(where the risk of banding is usually high)
    2. To put different amount of noise on different color channels. (Usually its enough for the encoder to have more detail in the blue…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cut 'X' Frames from start and end of clip / Add hold

As I process broadcast files, most of them have ten seconds of idents at the start and 5 seconds of hold on the end.

It would be great it there was a setting under 'effects' to tell media encoder to automatically remove x amount of frames from the start and end of the clip. You can adjust this to suite so you are left with only the actual content.

An additional feature would be to ask media encoder to add a hold onto the end of a clip. For instance broadcast files have 5 seconds hold, but other content delivery…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. sync preset folders

Adobe Media Encoder should also sync/export preset FOLDERS as well as the presets themselves.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base