Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Steal After Effects' import code

OMG..the import if files on my system is so painfully slow.
    Yet AE an Premiere…no issues. There’s almost no lag on the import.
    Why WHY is AE so painfully slow?
    If I want to reinterpret a bunch of files…SLOW!
    OMG so slow.
    Again? AE and Premiere…not slow.
    Instant (in comparison)
    So...
    Walk down the hall, knock on AE’s door.
    When they answer, hit ‘em on the head with a small sock of pennies and steal their import code.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add cloud GPUs to supported list for AME/Premiere

Currently, none of the available GPUs in AWS, Azure or GCP are listed under the "accepted/certified" list for Premiere/AME (https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html#SystemrequirementsApril2018121releaseofPremiereProCC). We are not seeing ANY added efficiency on export/rendering from Adobe Premiere when there are any of the following NVIDIA GPUs present and working on the cloud compute instance:

NVIDIA M60
    NVIDIA P100
    NVIDIA P4

Please add these to the list so we can get a performance boost when exporting/rendering on cloud instances.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix hardware rendering

In media encoder 2018 since applying latest updates to After Effects, on Windows 10, with preferences in AME CC 2018 set to
    renderer: Mercury Playback Engine (GPU Acceleration)
    when actually rendering it says "SOFTWARE only"

It takes ages and doesn't seem to be using GPU acceleration even though it's in the preferences for AME CC 2018.

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow rendering while playing back in Premiere

When I batch export videos in Media Encoder, the rendering process is paused when I push play in Premiere Pro. The whole point of queueing videos in Media Encoder is to do it in the background, and by pausing the render that defeats the purpose. I've read (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2228890) that this was by design, but the ability to toggle that option would be really helpful.

I have 2 Xeon processors and 144 GB of RAM, so my computer can handle rendering and 4k playback. I know this because I often restart the render in Media Encoder while editing in…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable hardware encoding / decoding for h264 and h265 - it's 2018

I have i9 7900x with Nvidia 1080ti and 64gb ram Win 10. Was excited to hear about hardware encoding for h264 and h265 (finally!!!). Was stunned to find out it's only for intel integrated graphics - it's an April Fools 2018 joke, right? I guess I'm still transcoding in other (free) software until Adobe catches up...

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base