Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Simple idea to make Media Encoder feel faster

When I start Media Encoder from within After Effects it usually takes ages till Media Encoder even just shows the AE project. Why does it need every single detail from AE before even listing the name of the composition? Would it not be great to have AE just pass on the name and composition resolution at first. While the other stuff loads, the user can already enter a file name and tinker with the encoding settings. This seems very simple and would tremendously speed up my workflow. Thanks for your consideration. Til

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: Media Necoder

Ticks = 65409 <4525426112> <Assert> <0> Debug Assert failed!
    Expression: false
    If you see this assert fire log a bug please.
    Process: Adobe Media Encoder CC 2019
    Process ID: 3296
    Thread ID: 4525426112
    File: /ame13.0.2/releases/AME/amedynamiclinkclient/src/AMEDynamicLinkClient.cpp
    Line: 967
    Function: virtual AMEDLClient::AMEDynamicLinkManager::~AMEDynamicLinkManager()
    Assert Dialog Show:false
    Callstack:
    AMEDLClient::AMEDynamicLinkManager::~AMEDynamicLinkManager()
    AMEDLClient::AMEDynamicLinkManager::~AMEDynamicLinkManager()
    AMEDLClient::AMEDynamicLinkManager::Terminate()
    AME::app::AMEAppInitializer::~AMEAppInitializer()
    AME::app::AMEApp::TerminateApplication()
    exo::app::AppBase::Terminate()
    AME::RunTheApp(exo::app::AppInitArgs&, std::1::vector<std::1::basicstring<unsigned short, std::__1::chartraits<unsigned short>, dvacore::utility::SmallBlockAllocator::STLAllocator<unsigned short> >, std::1::allocator<std::1::basicstring<unsigned short, std::__1::chartraits<unsigned short>, dvacore::utility::SmallBlockAllocator::STLAllocator<unsigned short> > > >&)
    main
    start

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Poor encoding performance from C300 Mark II 4K MXF files

<Need to create intermediate ProRes files from my originals for a client>

I'm seeing 4 thread max utilization (of 24) & no GPU load on mac pro 5,1's (3 machines, various versions of AME tested)

2K files from camera (and other formats) perform fine (ie full utilization + GPU where appropriate).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add suport for eGPU for faster encoding

Please add support for eGPU processing on macs for faster encoding or at least move the encoding over to an eGPU to free up other resources.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Expand and Collapse all items in Queue at once

How would you like the feature to work? 
    I would like to be able to select everything in the queue and collapse it all down to one line with one click much the way you can in the After Effects Render Queue.  I believe you hold down Command or Option and everything collapses to one line.

Why is this feature important to you?
    It makes it easier to scroll though a long list of items, especially when you are transcoding footage or generating proxies.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ae to AME 2019 broken dynamic link issue?

Ae to AME 2019 is broken dynamic link issue?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Media Encoder Cloud Rendering + Pricing Schemes

As someone that's used Adobe products over the years while some of them were still called 'Macromedia' products, I feel that rendering feels a lot slower than I remember. Sure, I know effects have gotten more complicated, but so have the pricing schemes - most users I know are satisfied enough to pay for a Photoshop + Lightroom monthly program, because it's worth it. Surely there should be a package where if I were to get 2-4 apps that work with Media Encoder, it should be a bundle instead of RM100+ a month where I am. Adobe isn't a hardware…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug: AME 13.0.1 is too slow

Since I update to CC 2019 the renders are very very slow. I'm not sure why but I also noticed that when I'm using "CC Radial Blur" effect it getting even slower.

A render that took me 10-15 minutes taking about 1.5 hours now. :(
    I hope you will be able to fix that ASAP.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Media Encoder crazy slow since CC2019

This is a general observation rather than a specific request, but ever since the CC2019, ME is really sluggish. Things that are now taking ages and/or just plain crashing:

• Opening the app

• Dragging a mov in to the queue

• Selecting the preset

• Selecting the size

• Unchecking the linked ratio box

• Changing 1 pass to 2 pass

• Selecting output location.

So yeah basically everything takes three times longer than it used to. What happened!?

(Windows 10, 32gig ram, Geforce 680M, no problems before update)

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Media Encoder randomly slows to a crawl during even simple renders.

Media Encoder slows to a crawl during renders. No idea what causes it -- it could render one AE Or PP project fine, then the next time it runs the same project it is so slow that it needs to be stopped. Restarting seems to fix it for a while.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug - Connecting to Dynamic Server takes forever, and often doesn't work at all.

It's that simple. When I try to render projects I have created in After Effects, Media Encoder often hangs on "Connecting to Dynamic Server" for ages. It can often take multiple or even dozens of minutes to do this, and as far as I can tell, it's a complete lottery as to whether or not it will work.

I'm very happy with the performance of Adobe Media Encoder... WHEN IT STARTS. I am not happy about spending dozens of minutes or even above an hour simply waiting to see whether or not it will start encoding something or if it…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adobe Media Encoder CC 2019 - Taking 180 Hours to Render (was 6 Hours before the upgrade)

AME CC 2019 is taking 180 hours to render, while the normal would be 6 hours. HOWEVER there is a CATCH: This slowness came while the computer was NOT being used - overnight, in screen saver/standby mode. When I came in the morning and started using it, the 'Remaining' info in AME started to drop dramatically. Now it is about 78 hours to finish, and dropping. Doing some calculations here, it might finish in the 6-7 hour estimate, as long as I don't let the computer alone, I'm assuming. IMPORTANT to note: I did the same thing yesterday, same video,…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Media Encoder 2019 Causes Flickering

Hi, I can't use the new 2019 Media Encoder for anything. It causes a lot of flickering. It may be related to reading Lumetri effects. I tried several different video formats and the flickering persists.

Attached a sample. At the beginning, the flickering is visible.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Extremely Slow

I used to render H.264 out of AE, now I can no longer. So, I'm trying to embrace Media Encoder. It's soooOOO slow to startup, and then half the time the dynamic link doesn't seem to work. If this program is going to be forced onto AE users, I need more from it for me to not hate it.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We want better optimization for Multicore processores and cuda on Mac OS.

Rendering times on multicore xeon machines is slow.
    Media Encoder is using only 20% of machine processing capacity.

Also, cuda is not using the graphics card at all while rendering.
    And it's slower than using software only renderer.

Can you please optimize your rendering engine to utilize our new fast mac machines more.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Export to Cineform UHD i slooow especially in win10

Exporting to Cineform 4K/UHD in win10 (with appropriate encoder installed) gives sub 1fps encoding times with almost no CPU being used :-( and basically one week to encode one movie.
    Especially a joke when on the same install can fire up Davinci Resolve 15 and get 25fps+ on the same task actually using the resources of the computer.

Also encoding from MXF to cineform no matter what resolution is also a sub 1fps ordeal even for SD for some reason??

fix Cineform and make it available as default with you own working implementation of the code, its open source and…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Parallelize png encodes

AME should automatically parallelize png encodes.

During an encode of a 5.7K video to a png image sequence, I'm getting pretty terrible performance. On an overclocked 10-core Windows machine with a fast GPU, I'm getting just over 1 fps during at 5.7K video export. A 26-min piece will take 15 hours.

CPU, GPU, and disk are all essentially idling--AME is using 1 logical core's worth of compute (5% of total CPU capacity), and GPU is at 0%.

It looks like I can manually parallelize png export in AME. I made 4 jobs, and each ran using 1 logical core (5%…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base