Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reset

A way to properly & totally remove the cache. I had a project and AME would NOT encode the latest version.

I went to AME, prefs, media and cleaned the cache, but I still had the same problem. I finally had to output in PP which gave me the correct version.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Having the ability to add a fade up and down to/from black in a file.

It would save the time it would take running a file through my editing program just to add a fade in and out when no other edits are needed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When I stitch two video files together and render as H.264, MP4 the audio is out of sync when the 2nd stitched video begins.

Audio is out of sync when stitching two videos together. The audio in the 2nd video is out of sync.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please enable rendering with AE's motion blur settings

Can't actually see why I'd use ME without this being enabled. If I have something moving i never want to render it without motion blur – and the only reason I'm using AE is because I have something moving.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BUG - Encoding fails on completion stage because of XMP

If I don't have at least double the amount of free space on a disk that would be required for encoding, encoding still proceeds until very end, but after reaching 100% it stops with VERY uninformative error:

"Could not write XMP data in output file."

Googling this proves that the issue existed for years, as there are many reports of this, with the user preferred solution of disabling XMP metadata export entirely, because this incredibly annoying issue wastes many hours and days of failed encoding.

Media Encoder 12.1.2

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The link between Premiere and media encoder doesn't work. fixe that would be a good start.

The link between Premiere and media encoder doesn't work. fixe that would be a good start.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. AE Templates in Premiere Projects render with wrong fonts in Media Encoder

In Premiere, my team uses a handful of animated text templates I created for them in After Effects, but they are now having a number of problems with either Premiere, Media Encoder, or both, when rendering, in which the template font is ignored and substituted with the system default font. On my system, Premiere uses the correct fonts within Premiere, but as soon as it goes to media Encoder, it substitutes for Times New Roman.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. amending footage after export / merging two videos

I find I export a video, then need to reexport the full clip again after a small client amend. I think being able to overwrite a section and rewarp the footage would be a great feature.

I find using tiffs sequences works for this as i can amend smaller sections till everything is correct then re import them all as one clip. I dont want to export a full video every time as some projects take a long time to export.

Surely this feature can be done with raw quicktime files.
    h264 would be a dream but i imagine that…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Installing ME on more than two machines

It would be great to be able to install Media Encoder on multiple machines (more than two).

This way you can assign multiple machines to, for example, create proxy files when you have a lot of big files.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export 'Entire Sequence' should be the default, not 'Sequence In/Out'

About 90% of the time, I want to export the entire sequence.

This is especially irritating with large batches of exports as there is no way (that I've found) to change all exports to 'Entire Sequence' in one go. I have to chance them all one at a time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. QuickTime Pro Res Renders Failing

I am having the an issue when I try to render a Quicktime ProRes 422 master. I can encode it without problems within Premiere, but when I send it to AME I get the Export Error message, with error code 2147287036 listed. I am on a brand new 27 iMac Retina 5K, 4.2 Ghz processor, 64GM RAM, and a Radeon Pro 580 with 6 GB VRAM. This is a fresh install of Creative Cloud. There are no previous versions running on this system, as I installed Creative Cloud apps for the first time on Thursday. I am running 12.1.2 on…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. .DNG actually working with proxies

.dng files, when turned into proxies, are automatically renamed so it's impossible, even with the 'rename files if there's an identical file' thing unchecked, to make proxies with the same name as their original Raw DNG files without doing it manually, one by one, in file explorer. Which would be insanity.

Fortunately, offline raw files reconnect to proxies easily when searching for media start time instead of file name. BUT THEY DON'T GO BACK. God in heaven, I *** wish they did. You can't out the proxies offline and reconnect them to their raws again. You can go forward, but

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Orange83 effect renders incorrectly when sequence is queued out to Media Encoder

A particular Orange83 transition renders incorrectly in Media Encoder. It's one of these: https://sellfy.com/p/DXuM/

It plays back fine inside of Premiere Pro, and renders fine if the sequence isn't queued out to Media Encoder, but if it's queued out to Media Encoder, the blurring and motion effects aren't rendered--it just renders a kind of "cut zoom in."

Premiere Pro 12.1.1 (Build 10)
    Media Encoder 12.1.1 (Build 12)
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    10.0.16299 Build 16299

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. YouTube publishing settings add to Playlist error

Since updating to the most recent version of Adobe Media Encoder, I have been getting an error after encoding when using the YouTube plbilshing settings. The error I receive is "YouTube(WARNING) - Video couldn't be added to Playlist. Error: Video not found."

The odd thing is, the video uploaded to YouTube successfully, and it was also added to the proper playlist. So I'm not sure why this error is getting triggered. In the logs it's shows that this is triggered after the queue has ended, but before the YouTube link is added in the log.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG - Closed Captioning off-center

BUG - My 480p project with subtitles, the subtitles export off-center when I put it through Media Encoder, but are centered correctly when I export in Premiere.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Código de error: -1609629695

Encore da el siguiente error y se para el proceso:
    Código de error: -1609629695

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG! Media Encoder Freezes my entire screen, and forces me to shut my computer!

This has happened many times since I've updated to the latest version of Media Encoder 14.3 (Build 39). I'd place a video in the Queue and hit Play and it will start the first frame and then freeze my entire machine only letting me move the mouse, but can't click anything or use my keyboard to try to force quit or anything, and the only way to get out of it is to force shut off my iMac and restart the machine.

I've had this issue happen to me over 10 times already!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add closed caption embedding support to AME watch folders

Add closed caption embedding support to AME watch folders.

File based workflows are more and more common in broadcast, where producers submit finished video and then later get a caption file back. Currently, someone must reopen the Premiere project and put the .mcc captions on the timeline on top of the video as an additional layer. Then export, and use a preset that has captions set to embed in video in AME.

For those of us with high volume of turnaround, it would be great if we could just put mxf video and mcc sidecar caption file into an AME…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base